Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville South-St. Johns Town Center Area
Ranked #2 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Camarillo, United States
“Poor Service Great Hotel”
Reviewed 7 June 2013

When I checked in the front desk Clerk “Mr. Diamond” did not recognize me as a gold member and did not offer a welcome package. I knew of the package because of the display of choices at the counter. I assumed he did not ask because it was in my room. It was not in my room so I went down to ask why I was not offered the package. A new clerk was there and he was helpful in getting me my package. Breakfast eggs tasted like powered eggs. When I had to check out early I informed the Clerk “Mr. Diamond” the night before. He did not take my name or room number. I did not receive an envelope prior to departing. So I called down to let the clerk know I was leaving. He printed out my receipt and had it ready for me when I came down. My co-worker had informed Mr. Diamond the day before as well with same results. He also did not get his Welcome package without asking for it at a later time. When I went down to get my receipt I asked about my co-workers receipt, the clerk did not have it ready but he did get it ready before my co-worker arrived.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

DanJordan, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville South-St. Johns Town Center Area, responded to this review, 11 June 2013
Dear George B,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel. I am very sorry for the service issues you encounted with our front desk team. Customer service is our top priority, and it sounds like we dropped the ball on this occasion. Simple recognition of your HHonors staus is important, not to mention easy to do. I have discussed this with Diamond, and the management team in the front office, and we all know we can do better. I do hope you will give us another try, as I'm sure we can get it right the next time. Thank you again for your review.
Dan Jordan//GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Jacksonville, United States
Reviewed 6 June 2013

If you must stay in Jacksonville Florida, I highly recommend the Hampton Inn & Suites Deerfield on Southside Blvd. Great service, clean lobby and room, nice comp breakfast, close to alot of venues and restaurants, and best of all, if you need to do work, the lobby has 4 top of the line and up-to-date-computers for your convenience. I know exactly where I'm staying when I'm in Jacksonvile

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Dear Jonathan N,
Thank you very much for your kind words about our hotel! Reviews like yours really mean alot to our staff. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to your next visit.
Nashville, United States
Reviewed 6 June 2013

The staff was very friendly and informative. The room was clean and the only thing that I would change was the air conditioning unit was very loud when it came on. The location was very convenient to a variety of shopping and dining. Overall it was a pleasant experience and I would stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business

Dear Erin R,
We are thankful for your review of our hotel. I wanted to apologize about the loud AC unit. I can imagine how frustrating that must of been to have to listen to that all night. If you could email me, dan.jordan@hilton.com, to advise me of the room you were in, so that we can correct the problem. I'm glad to read that the remainder of your stay was up to par. I look forward to hearing from you, and can't wait to have you back!
Orlando, Florida, United States
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Nice place to stay. Very nice and clean. Excellent service. We found everything we need, in the room and in the hotel. I found the beds and pillows very comfortable and in the room with equipment always needed. Close to everything; market, restaurants, bars, the beach, church. We rent 3 rooms and everyone in my family was very happy with me; I was the one to place the reservation.
The Hotel provides excellent service . I give 5 of 5.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
DanJordan, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville South-St. Johns Town Center Area, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
Dear Carlos R,
Thank you very much for your kind words about our hotel and staff. The compliment on service means the most to us, as all of our staff works very hard at it. I will share your comments with our team at our next meeting; they love hearing positive feedback like this. Thanks again! Dan Jordan//GM
Columbia, United States
Reviewed 4 June 2013

With the one exception of lousy breakfast food our stay was very nice. The property was attractive and well kept, the staff were friendly and helpful, the location was convenient to pretty much anything you could need or want, the pet walk area was a bit small but close by and there was plenty of well lit secure parking.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Craig C
Dear Craig C,
I wanted to apologize to you regarding the breakfast. I know how important that amenity is to our guests, and we stive to make it the best it can be. It sounds like we failed in this instance, and I am very sorry for that. I am glad to read that everything else was satisfactory with your stay, and hope you will give us another try the next time your in town. Dan Jordan//GM
Atlanta, GA, United States
Reviewed 31 May 2013

This hotel was very nice. Would definately recommend it. Very clean and the staff was very friendly. A bit too busy but that's not the fault of the hotel... very nice and clean, good location. Overall a good deal and nice place to stay while we were in Jacksonville. Made day trips to the beach and also to St. Augustine. The beach is around 8-10 miles away so it's a little bit of a drive but not too bad.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Thomas S,
I wanted to thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm glad to read that your enjoyed your stay, and I hope you enjoyed the beach and St. Augustine. We hope to have you back the next time your in Jacksonville!
Jacksonville, United States
Reviewed 28 May 2013

The Hotel provides excellent service and the staff are willing to go out of their way for a guest. I found the beds and pillows very comfortable. This is a quality facility in a nice area close to the Highway.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank Bob L
DanJordan, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville South-St. Johns Town Center Area, responded to this review, 30 May 2013
Dear Bob L,
Thank you for your comments about our hotel and staff. Our goal is to provide great service, with clean, comfortable room. I'm glad to hear you were comfortable in our beds! We hope to see you again very soon.