Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville South-St. Johns Town Center Area
Ranked #2 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Madison, Wisconsin
“What a pleasant surprise”
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Travel to JAX often to see our son in college. Have tried numerous hilton properties to see which one we like. This ranks at the top from a quality perspective. Nicest staff of any property we've been to in JAX. Super clean, nice rooms, often better rates and can't understand why. I've avoided this Hampton b/c I thought it might be older by the avg rates but I think there's just enough competition in the immediate area that they're always more affordable and wish I would've tried it sooner as it may be my fav hotel in JAX. Walking distance to a zillion restaurants and shops or easy driving access and 10 min from beach.

Stayed August 2014
RT_Fisk, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville South-St. Johns Town Center Area, responded to this review, 5 September 2014
Well Thank You nunuthedog, for your TripAdvisor review!

I'm glad you decided to give us a shot on your trip to Jacksonville! There are a lot of hotels to choose from in our area, so we try our hardest to be the best that we can be!

We'll see you next time!

-R.T. Fisk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Nice hotel, everything you would expect from a Hampton Inn. They worked hard to accommodate my stay which was about 5 days and the hotel was pretty busy. I really appreciate the fact that breakfast starts at 6am instead of 6:30 since I have to be on the road early due to area traffic congestion. My only complaint would be the moldy, musty smell in the work out room, I only lasted 10 minutes on the treadmill and couldn't take the smell anymore. I hope the hotel manager will address that. Overall nice hotel and comfortable stay.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
RT_Fisk, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville South-St. Johns Town Center Area, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Thanks JD, for the review of our hotel!

I'm glad we could provide you with a pleasant stay, but I am sorry about the odor in our fitness room. We're going to examine the room and make sure we find a solution to the problem. If there was anything else we could have done better, please let me know!

Thanks again,

- R.T. Fisk
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I don't know where to begin, from the first night, I transferred to this hotel where they honored my rate from another Hampton Inn that was not up to my standards. I stayed in a suite (room 605) and was greeted every morning to a smiling room service attendant (Tanya) who always asked what I needed each day. I enjoyed all the amenities of this hotel, the pool was always clean and warm. Breakfast was always tasty with an assortment of continental style items as well as a small hot bar with two items that rotated daily such as eggs and bacon or potatoes and sausage.... I always had fresh towels and whatever I needed from the front desk staff, they were always ready to accommodate. I even washed my clothes on my last night there. Anytime I visit Jax, I will always stay at this hotel. They began to know me by name after about two days and it always made me feel welcome.

Room Tip: Room 605 was a great little suite with a King Size bed, a sleeper sofa and sink with fridge and micr...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thanks for your review gabby100!

I'm sorry the other Hampton Inn you were at was not up to your standards, but I am glad that you gave Hamptons another shot and chose our hotel! If there was anything we could have done better, please let me know!

Thanks again, we'll see you next time!

- R.T. Fisk
New Smyrna Beach, FL
Reviewed 12 August 2014

My wife and I stay in this hotel at least 6x per year and are always happy with the rooms. Always very clean and comfortable beds. It's not a fancy hotel but has all the basics you need to make your stay a great one!

Room Tip: They have a great 'SUITE' available which gives you a ton of extra room for about $20 more w...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
RT_Fisk, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville South-St. Johns Town Center Area, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Thanks for reviewing our hotel, NSB-Local!

I'm glad you and your wife enjoy our hotel! We try our best to consistently provide our guests with a clean, comfortable stay, so it's great to hear that we've been able to do that for you both up until now! If there's anything we could ever do better for you, please let me know!

Thanks for your loyalty,

R.T. Fisk
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

We were very impressed with this hotel because it had everything we needed. Easy checkin and friendly staff. No issues with bringing our two dogs, who are 35lb and 65lb mixed Pit breeds. The suite was great. We opted for the King room with kitchenette and Jacuzzi tub. Well worth it. The amenities were great...pool and free breakfast were much appreciated. It was also walking distance to several restaurans. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
RT_Fisk, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville South-St. Johns Town Center Area, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel erickamhaag!

It's always our goal to impress our guests while they are here, so I'm happy to hear that we were able to do that for you and your family! We take a lot of pride in the fact that we are able to provide such a clean, comfortable, pet friendly option for travelers, without charging extra for the pets that do stay here.

Thanks again, we'll see you next time!

Brunswick, Georgia
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay from beginning to the end! The staff is amazing, the rooms are very nice, and breakfast was super yummy! The location of this hotel is very close to our fav shopping center in Jacksonville which is the St.Johns Town Center so that's a plus for me!! We visit Jacksonville often so we will definitely stay here again!!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
RT_Fisk, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville South-St. Johns Town Center Area, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Thanks for your review, Keisha!

I'm glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us! We are very lucky to be so close to the St. John's Town Center, and if you're ever interested in a nice indoor mall, there's the 2 story mall right down Southside Blvd called "The Avenues." Let us know if you're interested next time and we'll get you directions!

See you next time!

Jacksonville Beach, Florida
Reviewed 8 August 2014

This was a great hotel. If I could give the hotel 10 stars I would definitely do that. I was privileged to stay there for several days and wished it were a longer stay. The staff from the front desk to the cleaning service were extremely friendly, very professional, attentive and most diligent. The room was one of the cleanest rooms I have ever stayed in. The location was perfect with everything you could ever want including a beach moments away. The staff actually anticipated your needs. To make the stay better the hotel provided a free breakfast from around 6am to 10am. The variety was amazing including homemade waffles eggs and sausages, etc. The clientele was very again very friendly and clearly well behaved. There was no noise at all during the night and allowed for a restful sleep. The workout and pool facilities were excellent and extremely well maintained. I really think it would very difficult to have a bad experience at this hotel unless there were some extenuating circumstances beyond the hotel's control. So if you are considering this hotel please do not hesitate to book your stay. I have traveled the U.S. and other countries for 41 years and I would have to say that this was one of the best hotel experiences in recent memory. Should be the #1 hotel in the Jacksonville area this year.

Room Tip: You definitely cannot go wrong with this hotel. A great stay hotel. Awesome!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Thank you Don for this amazing review!

We really do appreciate you taking the time to go to TripAdvisor to review our hotel. I know that the hotel you were at last time was not the best, so I am glad we were able to exceed your expectations while you were here with us!

I hope you're enjoying your new house and the peace and quiet, but if you ever need a home away from home again, we'll be glad to have you and your cat back!

Take care, and Thanks again!