“Excellent hotel in all areas.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville South-St. Johns Town Center Area
Ranked #2 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
London
“Excellent hotel in all areas.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

Booked 2 rooms for a week. I cannot say enough positive things about this hotel. Everything from check to check out. Staff was friendly and the rooms were very nice and clean. Loved the outside lounging area and pool. Visit the area a few times each year. Will definitely be back to this hotel on the next trip.

Stayed August 2014
RT_Fisk, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville South-St. Johns Town Center Area, responded to this review, 5 September 2014
Thank you for your review of our hotel, KandJsDaddy,

I am glad you had a good week with us here in Jacksonville! I will make sure to share your compliments with the rest of our staff. If there was anything we could have done better, please let me know!

See you next time!

-R.T. Fisk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Miami Springs, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

A very clean, pet-friendly hotel with potty areas outside, away from the main parking area. All employees were very friendly and accommodating. Our family will definitely consider the Hampton Inn on future visits.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thanks Ivonne, for the great review!

I'm glad you and your family enjoyed your stay with us! We try very hard to provide a clean, comfortable hotel to our all of our guests and their families, including their pets! We look forward to seeing you next time!

Thanks again!

Waycross, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel Aug 22nd & 23rd. Check in was very easy. The rooms and bathrooms were clean and already cool. The pool was clean and well stocked with towels. The fire pit was not turned on while we were there, but the waterfall fountain was very relaxing. The complimentary breakfast had a good variety of items, but was not restocked very fast. However, the breakfast attendants were working very hard, there were just a lot of people enjoying the food faster than it could be restocked. We will definitely be staying at this hotel again and prefer it over the Hilton Garden Inn which was our regular spot when we were in town.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thanks for the review of our hotel, Evalon!

I'm glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us! It sounds like you took full advantage of everything we have to offer. The fire pit on our patio is controlled by a timer that our guests are welcome to turn on, so make sure you ask us about it next time and we'll show you how to turn it on when you're in the mood to relax by the fire!

And thank you for your understanding when it comes to the breakfast staff and our restocking. We try our best to anticipate how busy we will be, but we may need to reexamine our methods to be better next time for you. In the future feel free to ask anyone working here for what you need, and we'll do our best to get it as quickly as we can!

Thanks again for your review!

Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Travel to JAX often to see our son in college. Have tried numerous hilton properties to see which one we like. This ranks at the top from a quality perspective. Nicest staff of any property we've been to in JAX. Super clean, nice rooms, often better rates and can't understand why. I've avoided this Hampton b/c I thought it might be older by the avg rates but I think there's just enough competition in the immediate area that they're always more affordable and wish I would've tried it sooner as it may be my fav hotel in JAX. Walking distance to a zillion restaurants and shops or easy driving access and 10 min from beach.

Stayed August 2014
Well Thank You nunuthedog, for your TripAdvisor review!

I'm glad you decided to give us a shot on your trip to Jacksonville! There are a lot of hotels to choose from in our area, so we try our hardest to be the best that we can be!

We'll see you next time!

Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

Nice hotel, everything you would expect from a Hampton Inn. They worked hard to accommodate my stay which was about 5 days and the hotel was pretty busy. I really appreciate the fact that breakfast starts at 6am instead of 6:30 since I have to be on the road early due to area traffic congestion. My only complaint would be the moldy, musty smell in the work out room, I only lasted 10 minutes on the treadmill and couldn't take the smell anymore. I hope the hotel manager will address that. Overall nice hotel and comfortable stay.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
RT_Fisk, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville South-St. Johns Town Center Area, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Thanks JD, for the review of our hotel!

I'm glad we could provide you with a pleasant stay, but I am sorry about the odor in our fitness room. We're going to examine the room and make sure we find a solution to the problem. If there was anything else we could have done better, please let me know!

Thanks again,

- R.T. Fisk
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

I don't know where to begin, from the first night, I transferred to this hotel where they honored my rate from another Hampton Inn that was not up to my standards. I stayed in a suite (room 605) and was greeted every morning to a smiling room service attendant (Tanya) who always asked what I needed each day. I enjoyed all the amenities of this hotel, the pool was always clean and warm. Breakfast was always tasty with an assortment of continental style items as well as a small hot bar with two items that rotated daily such as eggs and bacon or potatoes and sausage.... I always had fresh towels and whatever I needed from the front desk staff, they were always ready to accommodate. I even washed my clothes on my last night there. Anytime I visit Jax, I will always stay at this hotel. They began to know me by name after about two days and it always made me feel welcome.

Room Tip: Room 605 was a great little suite with a King Size bed, a sleeper sofa and sink with fridge and micr...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thanks for your review gabby100!

I'm sorry the other Hampton Inn you were at was not up to your standards, but I am glad that you gave Hamptons another shot and chose our hotel! If there was anything we could have done better, please let me know!

Thanks again, we'll see you next time!

- R.T. Fisk
New Smyrna Beach, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

My wife and I stay in this hotel at least 6x per year and are always happy with the rooms. Always very clean and comfortable beds. It's not a fancy hotel but has all the basics you need to make your stay a great one!

Room Tip: They have a great 'SUITE' available which gives you a ton of extra room for about $20 more w...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
RT_Fisk, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville South-St. Johns Town Center Area, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Thanks for reviewing our hotel, NSB-Local!

I'm glad you and your wife enjoy our hotel! We try our best to consistently provide our guests with a clean, comfortable stay, so it's great to hear that we've been able to do that for you both up until now! If there's anything we could ever do better for you, please let me know!

Thanks for your loyalty,