“GREAT deals, lottsa good beer, fun place...”

European Street Cafe
Ranked #71 of 2,090 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Yes we go here all the time and it is enjoyable. The selection of beers is unrivalled in JAX. From 2 till 7pm the draft bers are 2 for one!!! (for the ladies I think the same holds for the wines???) Most of the meals are less than $8.50 and there are many many choices! It is a Cafe venue with a plethora of selections. If you don't see a combination you like just tell the waiter what you want.
The selections vary from a variety of sandwhiches, salads and soups. The deserts are phenominal! You're gonna need to save room for them.
There are 4 of these in JAX, we go to the Park street location cause we like Billy the manager. He's a character, makes you feel welcome and quite at home. If you can't decide on a sandwhich try the Smokerschmit.

If you like this click the helpfull button and let me know!!

Berny

Reviewed 10 July 2012

I stopped in for a quick lunch and it was worth the parking hassle, more on that later. The place is quaint, it has tables and a back wall where you can take home just about any kind of beer you can imagine. (Is this heaven?) I sat down and the waiter was very attentive offering suggestions on menu item I found interesting. I ordered the pastrami Ruben, with fries. It did not disappoint. It was hot, delicious and well messy to eat but worth every bite.

I am going back very soon because I was on a time crunch. But I want to sample some of the German food they offer, as well as the desserts which looked out of this world. Bear in mind there is some construction happening in and around the streets of this marvelous find, but its worth the hassle for the food

Reviewed 2 July 2012

I have been to E street many times on Park, I have only had one bad server, and he was real bad.

Over all service is friendly but not super attentive, food comes out very fast.

Food is almost always very good. I get the German sausage sampler often and sometimes the knock worst have a tough skin from sitting too long. The potatoe saled is exceptional.

The beer selection is great and the happy hour is wonderful.

Why I do not give the E Street a higher rating is that we really enjoy sitting outside, and the management allows unrestricted smoking outside. Outside seating has become the new smoking section. We do not want to be around the smoking, inside or out. They also allow smoking right out side the front door, so you have to walk by several people smoking at the front door, just to get in.

I would suggest a smoking area gazebo on the other side of the parking lot away from the front door and away from the outdoor seating.

Last gripe is the carrot cake, or the lack of. They have this stupid cake policy where they switch out carrot for red velvet, they say both sell very well and they alternate between them. If so, why not stock both. There has been many occasion that I would stop in the evening for a piece, but decide not to waste my time, in case they don't have the carrot cake, i have been dissipointed many times. I have heard many people complain about this and the management refuses to meet the wants of thier customers.

With that said, i do really enjoy going, and always hope I don't get a smoker nearby and hope I can get desert. Which I should look at as a method to diet.

Reviewed 1 July 2012

After leaving the beach one day, my husband and I saw this place and decided to stop there for a mid-day lunch. We are so glad we did! The first thing you will notice when you walk in is the number of delicious desserts that they have to choose from so be sure to leave room for one of their many cookies or pastries.

Our waitress was very friendly and helpful with recommendations since it was our first visit. We were impressed by the number of beer selections that they had and I was excited to see my favorite, Sea Dog Bluepaw Wild Blueberry, on the menu. We started with the summer sausage snack which consisted of summer sausage, cheddar cheese spread, crackers and apple slices. It was delicious!

For our meal I had the European Street chicken breast. It was a grilled chicken breast with melted provolone, lettuce, tomatoes and mayonnaise on a fresh onion roll with honey mustard on the side. It was huge. You could easily eat half for lunch and save the other half for dinner but it's so delicious you'll end up finishing it anyway!

My husband's meal was even better than mine. He had the roast beef with boursin. It was served on an onion roll with lettuce and tomatoes and they put this garlic and herb spread on it that’s incredible with the roast beef. I couldn't stop snacking on his sandwich! If we ever go back to Jacksonville, I'm getting one of these and I would strongly recommend it to anyone dining here!

The service was great, the restaurant was cozy enough for a lunch spot, the prices are great and there were plenty of choices on their drink, food, and dessert menus. I know that if we lived in Jacksonville this would easily become our favorite spot.

Reviewed 17 June 2012

I've been to two locations: San Marco and Beach Blvd. Both have great sandwiches, salads, and leave room for choosing a dessert from the glass case by the register! Occasionally they offer live music, so check the website for dates and artists names. Reasonable prices, many white collar workers come through during lunch time. Good service, clean, I recommend.