“Waited for waitress, waited for food”

European Street Cafe
Ranked #70 of 2,056 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Extremely poor wait service / kitchen management for a Friday lunch crowd. Shouldn't have gone there during lunch time on a Friday but we did.

First we waited about 10 minutes for the waitress to take our drink and food orders. Then we waited 40 minutes to get out food.

Later we found out another group from compensated for their wait but we were never even offered the free drink, etc.

Definitely DO NOT go there unless you have all afternoon to spend WAITING.

European Street Café - get with the program.

1  Thank Unhappycustomer97

Reviewed 9 December 2013

We went again with 8 people and a baby. Great food and beers. This is the place to go for get togethers. Everybody had a good time with good service and a laid back atmosphere. There is a huge selection of beers that are 2 for 1 from 2-7pm. Virtually all the meals are under $9. You won't go broke here and you will have a good time. Big party? Call ahead and they have your seating ready.
Had the Dunderschmit and it was excellent with some spicy mustard. It is cafe style with numerous sandwiches, soups and salads. Have fun and if you see Billy the manager tell him Berny sent ya...

Reviewed 5 December 2013

I've been to three European Street Cafes: this one, Beach, and San Marco. I was expecting a little better on this visit. We chose to sit outside and it was getting dark, so we felt there should have been just a tad more outdoor lighting. I had a good Reisling, $1.00 off since it was happy hour. I got the 1/2 sandwich and soup. I'd heard such good things about the soup, but I'd say it was just okay. As was the sandwich. The service was lacking. I had to almost shout to get the attention of our server to take our orders.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Great beer selection. Cozy and comfortable dining room. Enjoyed the reuben and a liverwurst sandwich. Potato salad, thought not made on the premises, was good.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Not pretentious -- paper plates & napkins, but service friendly and knowledgeable, food good and in appropriate proportions, beer and wine list amazing, The German hot potato salad is just like Grandma's, I loved it.