“Lunch Visit”

Cafe Freda
St. Augustine
“Lunch Visit”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We very much enjoyed this made from scratch lunch spot. We both felt it was a bit pricey for what it was but it was very delicious. We will be back.

Jacksonville
“Eclectic Amusing good food ”
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

We have eaten 3 times here and each have been pleasant and fun
The menu is eclectic and quite interesting
The food is quite good and adventuresome. The atmosphere is casual and fun especially outside on the deck
This is a welcome addition to the vibrant Park and King neighborhood
We really hope it succeeds

Jacksonville, Florida
“Has Potential - Not Quite Ready for Prime Time”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I recommended this place based on reviews and blog posts I had read. While the menu lived up to expectations - lots of interesting choices - I found the overall experience less than delightful. A homey environment (its literally in the ground floor of a house), slow service, prices that seemed a bit too high (especially the wines) and food that didn't quite live up to expectations made this an overall lackluster experience. When I can count several excellent and engaging restaurants within walking distance, either across the street or around the block, I see no reason to return. To be fair, some will find this place casually exotic and approachable. I'll head down the street next time.

Jacksonville, Florida
“A nice addition to the neighborhood, we'll be back!”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I took a friend to lunch for her birthday and was delighted to try out this new dining establishment in our neighborhood. The menu is versatile with something for everyone.

We started with the Fresh Veggie Rolls which consisted of fresh herbs, veggies and noodles served in a rice wrap, along with a sweet chili dipping sauce on the side. They were very tasty!

The birthday girl had the North Carolina BBQ Pulled Pork & slaw served on a soft bun with a Bourbon BBQ sauce on the side. She was very happy with her choice and especially liked the BBQ sauce.

I had the Island Pulled Pork served on black beans and rice with 3 fried sweet plantains on the side. It was scrumptious!

We ordered a piece of their chocolate cake that was out of this world. Freshly made by their pastry chef, it is infused with a little taste of coffee, the chocolate icing and fresh whipped cream, delicious.

I've eaten at this location many times before, when it was owned by other restaurateurs, but I have to say the interior has never been nicer. A lot of work has been done to freshen up this neighborhood bungalow.

We're happy Cafe Freda is open and can't wait to go back!