“Always Receive Superb Quality Ingredients”

Al's Pizza - Riverside
Ranked #218 of 2,132 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I've ordered pizza to-go most often, sometimes eaten in house, and only issues have been with recent delivery option. They are new with this option so give them a little time to get it down.
I will tell you they honestly have the best pizza with lots of fresh options and it is delicious. Their pizza is never greasy like with standard pizzas in which you have to blot. Most pizza places are greasy, lack of veggie options such as artichoke hearts and broccoli as an example.
My husband loves the meat that they provide on his half, and it's the only pizza that doesn't give him heartburn (with same options as on other pizzas). And I love my half with plenty of veggies - my favorite half is broccoli, artichoke hearts, tomatoes, mushrooms and it is always delicious.
It also heats up well, we could never eat an entire pizza even though we spit it so this is a bonus.
If you stop in to eat inside, the calamari is delicious, salads never disappoint and after seeing an order of their bruschetta delivered to another table, I am anxious to try it as it looked divine!
I highly recommend Al's Pizza if you are in the mood for anything from

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Good pizza, not great pizza. Staying at a hotel close by and had a pizza and some pesto cheese bread delivered. Two things would have turned the pizza from an ok pizza to a good pizza. Arriving hot, it was just warm, and more sauce. Crust was good, plenty of ingredients, sausage was not what we are used to. It was thin round slices like small pepperoni. Not like the chunks we are used to. That is not a criticism, just an observation. It is mild. We also ordered the pesto cheese bread. Looked like it might taste good, but it was cold which made it un-appealing. I'm trying not to make the review too negative as just the being not hot caused most of the issues. I would certainly try eating it there, just asking for heavy on the sauce.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

If you are looking for a real Italian pizza taste, you won't find it here. Their sauce tasted like it came out of a can. I won't go into the crust as we had two and both were nothing to write or even comment about. Yes, I grew up in New York and feel that I know what real Italian pizza sauce and crust taste likes. It ain't here at the place we ate at.

1  Thank 943RickR
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

Really good pizza they always have fresh ingredients on their pizza. Really like there cheese pesto bread as well. Nice place for a week day dinner.

Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

Good food. Good service. Cute downtown location. Everything was fine. Nothing to special. Husband and I enjoyed our food