Hampton Inn Jacksonville I-10 West
US$168
US$142
HotelIndigo.com
US$113
All reviewswinn dixiecracker barrelstrip mallgreat place to stayclean hoteleasy accessconvenient locationeach morningfresh fruitthe breakfast areawaffleshotel staywithin walking distanceup to datethe general managerfree breakfastbeds were comfortable
Reviewed 30 August 2011

I am a Hampton junkie and experienced great service from the staff at this location. My schedule kept changing but I was treated fairly with my reservation. A manager reception was on Tuesday night with beer/wine and lame snacks. It looks newer from the outside and the beds were upgraded. Plenty of older furniture though and bathroom amenities.

Four stars because of older building (and lame snacks).

Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 July 2011

I should have known something was wrong when I checked in. As a Hilton Honors Gold member (one night away from diamond), I was put into a room with two queens instead of one king as I had reserved. Apparently they had several rooms were out of service, and they chose to downgrade their biggest customers; Hilton Honors members, instead of the casual traveler. The front desk clerk at night when I checked in was also rude. When I presented my business credit card to him when I checked in, he told me it was declined (impossible). I landed up having to check in with my personal credit card. (The next morning the front desk clerk had no problem switching it to my business card).
The rooms were clean, and the hotel appeared to have average Hampton Inn amenities. The walls in the room were thin, and I was able to hear the phone ringing in my neighbors room at 5 AM (endlessly), and I also heard my neighbors talking.
I am a frequent business traveler (I live on the road twenty days of the month), and I rely on hotel dry cleaning. The morning after I checked in, I grabbed the laundry bag with my weeks worth of clothes and brought them downstairs. The front desk clerk looked at me like I was crazy! I told him I found the dry cleaning bag,but there were no cleaning slips. He told me they don't provide any laundry/dry cleaning services (the first Hilton brand hotel I have ever stayed in that did not provide dry cleaning). I had to wear the same clothes for three days of meeting as the rest needed to be dry cleaned. Total Disaster. This Hampton Inn has a lot of growing up to do before I would consider it for business travel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank ScubaSanAntonio
Reviewed 26 June 2011

Made reservations at this Hampton Inn using my rewards card #, As we got closer to the hotel after driving for 7 hours with my elderly parents--we get to the exit and the exits are closed due to construction! its after 8 pm, we had guaranteed our reservations and both sides of the interstate were CLOSED!!! We pulled off the interstate and called the hotel--we were then 8 miles away, They told me that there was nothing that they could do--they offerred to cancel my reservations--Can you believe that!!! They the proceeded to try to tell me how to backtrack through the country some 15 miles to get there on local backroads--We tried and ended up in a dark dead end road!! We were terrified--I was very very dissapointed in Hampton Inn!!! They had my cell # they should have warned me!!! then the manager on duty told me that there was nothing that they could do and that he could not help me, the Hampton Inn downtown did not have 3 available rooms, He also tole me that he could not help me to find another Hampton Inn--which happened to be only 20 minures down the road!!! SHAME ON YOU HAMPTON INN!!!!! My family are good customers of yours--Not anymore!!!

Room Tip: Never Book Hampton Inn I 10 West-Unreliable
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
myralynn610, General Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville I-10 West, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2011

I would just like to apologize for your unsatisfactory experience with us. There is a bit of road construction being done by the state at our exit and they will randomly shut down the ramps at night without warning. We do our best to alert arriving guests of these conditions. I am very sorry that we were unable to foresee the circumstances and act accordingly. I have spoken with my front desk staff to ensure they are able to give proper alternate directions.

Again, I sincerely apologize and do hope that you will give us a chance to redeem ourselves the next time you are in the Jacksonville area.

Myra Ash

Reviewed 6 March 2011

The stay at this hotel is one of the best ever, The staff is excellent and make you feel as one of the family. I use this hotel to rate others by and all others fall short.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 August 2010

I loved the hotel from the moment we checked in. The staff was extremely friendly and very helpful. Our room was wonderful, and the beds were amazing! We never had any problems while we were there. I definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Jacksonville.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends