“Fantastic! with a great location”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville-South/St. Johns Ctr.
Ranked #29 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 9 September 2011

This hotel is located next to the St. John’s shopping area. ALL upscale stores like APPLE, BURBERRY, etc...all top end stores and restaurants. The setting is an “outside mall” and entirely pedestrian. You stroll from store to store and into fine restaurants all outside, not inside. At the end of the day you head back to Homewood Suites...WITHOUT having to get into a car. The next morning you stroll over to Startbucks for a coffee and start all over again. It is a hidden gem. The hotel is inviting and has a great staff. The rooms are clean and modern and so comfy. It is fun to know that world class shopping is just a few steps away when you wake up. Highly recommended. I am usually not a fan of Jacksonville but this is really a hidden gem.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
robinkrawczyk, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville-South/St. Johns Ctr., responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2011

Thank you for selecting to stay with us here in the Town Center. Our staff does pride themselves on outstanding customer service. We do look forward to having you stay with us again very soon. Please reach out to directly so that I can personally make your reservations.
Thank you again!

Reviewed 7 September 2011

My family and I stayed at this award winning hotel on our way down to Disney World stopping to see family in the Jacksonville area. We were pleasantly surprised by the welcoming staff, great breakfasts and evening social hours with snacks, plus an automatic upgrade without even asking for it!

Room Tip: always ask for an upgrade, it helps to use your hilton honors rewards card also
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for selecting to stay with us here in the St John's Town Center. Yes we are in a great location for shopping and lots of great restaurants with a staff that prides themselves on great customer service. Please reach out to me directly the next time you are visiting Jacksonville so I can personally make your reservations. Thank you again for selecting to stay with us!

Reviewed 9 August 2011

Our family has stayed in this hotel on four occasions over the past two years. The highlight of the hotel is the quality of the staff. We have always received excellent service and find everyone most accommodating. If one of the kids does not like what is on the menu for dinner, the kitchen has gone out of it's way to prepare sandwiches or grilled cheese.

The rooms are clean and roomy. My only problem has been a lack of wifi signal in my room during this most recent stay.

• Stayed: August 2011
robinkrawczyk, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville-South/St. Johns Ctr., responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2011

Thank you for being a return guest. Our staff strives on providing outstanding customer service. We are so glad you keep coming back and we do look forward to your return visit!

Reviewed 5 August 2011

Located within St. Johns Town Center, so very convenient for shopping and dining (much better than Jacksonville downtown anyway). Nice clean rooms and friendly, helpful staff.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business

Thank you so much for selecting to stay with us here in St Johns Towncenter, and Yes we are in a great location that will appeal to every traveler. Our staff does strive to achieve outstanding customer service. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your return!

Reviewed 29 July 2011

It's not a bad hotel, but if they state that they're a new hotel, then it should be apparent. If they are new, then they have been booked every single night since day 1. There is definitely too few staff to help, the front desk should be staffed. I walked by the front desk too often, to find no one there, maybe there was a good game on? Both mornings the family above woke me up at 6am when they hit the floor, think they threw this hotel up too fast for quality materials to arrive, because they knew the location was a money maker? Yes, it is in a great location, great shopping, restaurants, etc. at St. John's. I know, it's FL, what should I expect? I couldn't get a wifi signal in room, food was a lower quality-like all you can eat cafeteria but that is a part of the room charge of $180. Go out, plenty of good food right next door. Actually a couple of people were helpful and it's not dirty but it's not what you expect at HS. It's obvious they have a good deal with the corporations near by, you'll see their trainees at breakfast cleaning out the gas station bkfst bar.
I may even go back, there aren't many good places in that area, but not cause I love it but I want the HH points. I expect a bit more when I pay full price, even if it is the company's money.

Room Tip: Shopping and restaurants are the draw, hotel is okay.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
robinkrawczyk, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville-South/St. Johns Ctr., responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2011

Thank you so much for your comments, this is how we improve our guest service. Our beautiful hotel is located in the "New St John's Towncenter" which is still under development. The hotel is 6 years old, and yes we are very busy. I want to thank you for selecting to stay with us, I do appreciate you comments and I will use them to make the approperiate improvements. Our guests feed back will help us to achieve outstanding customer service, which is what we strive for. Please reach out to me the next time you are traveling to Jacksonville so that I can meet you and make sure all of your concerns had been met. Thank you again and have a wonderful week.

Reviewed 13 June 2011

My family travelled to Jacksonville for a Spring Break getaway. We decided at the last minute, so we took our two small dogs. The Homewood Suites accomodates dog for a fee. We booked a two bedroom suite/pet suite. Our room was on the first floor next to the side enterance. This was a very busy location. Lots of dog lovers outside our window walking their pets. Compared to other Homewood Suites, this room was small. The common area and the King room was quite small. We found a used dog two under one of the chairs. Our dogs went crazy due to the smell of other dogs. The breakfast and nightly dinner were very good. One very dissapointing thing, the pool was closed for repairs during our stay. No pool for the kids. If you enjoy shopping, you cannot beat the location!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank lmguyton

Thank you for selecting to stay with us here in the St Johns Towncenter, the staff does pride themselves on great customer service. Yes we are a pet friendly hotel and have many travelers that bring their pets along. I am sure you and your family were disapointed that our pool was not available at the time of your stay, we were providing the nessasary repairs that unfortunately can not be performed at night. Pleaae let me know the next time you are traveling to Jacksonville so I can personally make your reservations. I am sorry for that inconvenience and we look forward to having you stay with us agin in the future.

Reviewed 8 June 2011

Before staying here, I read some reviews that suggested it was old and tired. After staying here I can tell you it is those reviews that are old and tired!! The staff here are amongst the very nicest team I have encountered. They are genuinely interested in making sure you have a nice stay and nothing is too much trouble. I got a very warm welcome at 1:30am from an extremely knowledgeable, helpful guy and it hasn't stopped since. The breakfast staff are lovely and seem to know many people personally!

The rooms are clean, tidy, well appointed and serviced. The towncentre mall is walking distance away which makes this a very convenient place to be.

I was going to swim in the pool - but it's really a large bath rather than anything you would swim laps in. But I don't care because the rest of the stay has been very comfortable. Well done to the team

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business