“Stay if you love filth!”

Country Hearth Inn Jacksonville Airport
Country Hearth Inn Jacksonville Airport
Ranked #113 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Brunswick, Georgia
“Stay if you love filth!”
Reviewed 13 December 2012

My boyfriend and I checked in about 12pm and the lady was very nice. The first thing I noticed I did not get a receipt..We were given a key without a keyholder. As we drove down the parking lot we noticed several stray cats hanging around. As we got to our room we noticed it was way in the back of the motel and wondered why we were placed way on the back it reminded me of the movie VACANCY..lol! Once we parked and entered the room we were greeted by the smell of old mold and must.Uughhh!! Just to our luck we had some carpet fresh in our car that we sprinkled over the ugly carpet to freshen the room up. Once we got that issue resolved we noticed our neighbors( who we discovered later were weekly guest) were making noise all day and night long. It sounded like they were hammering something all night. Last but not least we got a strange phone call to our room where no one said anything. To add to this several roaches that were everywhere..sheets with holes in them..dim and dreary lighting and an airconditioner that sounded like a lawnmower. We turned the heater on but immediately turned it off due to us being scared that it was going to catch on fire and it had a bad burning smell.Wi-Fi here is a JOKE! Hotel literally needs to be closed down.Will NEVER stay again!

Room Tip: The halfway decent rooms are in the first building 100
Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MsGlam02

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Reviewed 13 December 2012

Nasty place to stay cabel is rigged and cats everywhere the smell will run you away its horriable sleep in your car its better.I was so embarrased to let my girlfriend sleep there being cheap im gonna have to buy a diamond ring now looks like the Bates Motel.

• Stayed December 2012
San Diego, California
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Breakfast consists of some prepackaged pastries (I wouldn't call them that, but they do), juice and coffee. Poor choice of pastries! There is a nice little pool that was so nice and warm, I loved that! Otherwise, no other problems. The other occupants, visitors and maybe some people who live here all the time, but that can't be helped.

• Stayed July 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 June 2012

We drove from Pittsburgh, PA to Miami, Fla for our family vacation. After driving all day, we stopped for the night at Country Hearth Inn. We were exhausted. We checked in around 1:20am, headed to our room, got the 5 year old on the toilet, and then turned around to a roach in the corner, one on the mini fridge and one running across the floor at me. I snatched my little girl off of the toilet and headed for the door. We were checked out by 1:25am. The only good thing I can say about this place is that at least the guy voided the transaction. We went next door to the Jaxport Inn. Much better!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else! ANYWHERE ELSE. Sleep in your car if you have to.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2011

Well dont make the mistake of thinking this is a decent hotel! Well first off the rooms are non refundable. They are filthy, it has roaches, and you are surrounded by crack heads and drug dealers. The only plus about this hotel is that you are near town,half-way decent staff,and its cheap. Overall you get what you paid for which is crap!!!

• Stayed June 2010
3 Thank Felony8392
georgia
Reviewed 22 March 2010

This is a awful place. I cannot say anything more except please do not waste your time with this place.If you can't find a room somewhere else sleep in your car,you will be better off.I would not recommend this place to a alien crackhead.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank autodaddy
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed 27 July 2009

I chose this "Hotel" due to its low cost in an attempt to save my company money...never again! Let me start out by saying that this Country Hearth is way below motel standards. The rooms were FILTHY....there were holes in the walls, dead roaches everywhere and a dark brown stain all over the mattress and floor...it appeared to be dried blood! Also, there was no coffee pots or alarm clocks in any of the rooms...I went to the front desk to ask thinking that there was some kind of mistake. This "Hotel" needs to be ripped down and\or reported to the health department. If you need to stay somewhere cheap in this area choose the Red Roof Inn a block away...the rates are the similar and their rooms are clean and safe.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled on business