“Two Night Stay”

Ranked #1 of 9 Jacksonville B&B and Inns
Silver Springs, Florida
“Two Night Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2011

My daughter and I stayed in the Carriage House. It had the two twin beds- off the main house. It was very clean quiet and comfortable. The breakfast was also very nice. A true B & B !! We will stay there again. The staff were very friendly and kind.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Lori W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2011

I've stayed in many B&Bs over the years throughout the US and while the location of the Riverdale Inn is fantastic and the exterior of the Inn is beautiful, I, unfortunately, have to say that I was not very impressed overall. While the breakfast was certainly adequate, I have to agree with others that it was rather basic. Also, we stayed multiple nights and each morning the breakfast options were the same. Furthermore, while the Inn describes itself as a "Victorian Inn," we found that much of the decor did not reflect this style. For example, there are contemporary "bistro" pictures hanging throughout the downstairs and some of the rooms even feature lazy-boy-style recliners in them. We also felt that for the price paid our room should have been better maintained. Our room had a large window-style heater/air cooler in it that did not function, nor did it appear as though it had been functioning for quite some time. Why the owners of the Inn don't remove this, I'm not sure. Also, our bathroom had large "patches" on the walls. At first I thought that perhaps they had been done recently and the owners simply hadn't had the chance to paint over them yet, but upon inspection my partner said that these patches had been done some time ago and as such should have been painted over to match the rest of the walls. It seemed odd that an Inn that charges anywhere from $150-$200 a night would leave large patches on the walls unpainted. It is for these reasons that I can't give this Inn a 5 star rating. I personally felt, based upon my experiences at other B&Bs, that there is a lot of attention to detail that is lacking. Again, this Inn has a great location and is lovely on the exterior, but overall I do not feel that the prices they charge reflect the quality that they provide. I wanted to love this Inn, but sadly did not.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Travel44569
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2011

I've stayed at Riverdale Inn on several occasions. My grandparents live in the Riverside area of Jacksonville and there are not any hotel chains in the nearby area. On this most recent trip I stayed just one night and had reserved a room in the Carriage House (the least expensive one). Upon my arrival the innkeepers graciously upgraded me to a room in the main house which was more convenient for me (and probably for them, too.) The bed was comfortable and bathroom was fine. Yummy soaps! Everyone is friendly and welcoming. Breakfast is basic but good.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2011

My husband and I celebrated our 12th wedding anniversary with a weekend getaway to the Jacksonville area. This B&B was the perfect little place for us to call home for a few days. The room was cute and the hospitality was superb. The inn is walking distance to the landing, a museum, a weekend arts market, and a quaint little restaurant district. In addition to a filling breakfast, we had the opportunity to enjoy high tea at the inn. As newbies to this English inspired lunch we didn't quite know what to expect. It turned out to be outstanding. We even hunted down a recipe from the inn keeper. This is a great little place and I would definitely recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed November 2011
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2011

Comfy, Quiet, Convenient.
I stay in Jax often, and this is the best spot.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Hernando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2011

What a wonderful bed and breakfast with homemade goodies every morning plus the willingness to make poached eggs on request. High tea was wonderful on our second afternoon with an assortment of sandwiches and sweets. Location is only a few blocks from the Cummer Museum with Italian and English Gardens and a trolley is nearby to take you to the Landing and water boat taxi. We really enjoyed our stay and look forward to returning. Marty and Mary Kay

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side are quieter.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Hernando
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2011

Carolyn, Lisa and Eric are all amazing caretakers! Breakfast and High Tea were the best! Accommodations are very clean and bed very comfortable! We had the Oak Room on the back side was very quiet! Front rooms can be noisy from the street traffic if you are not use to that. Waking distance to the Cummer Museum and we rode the trolley to the downtown Landing for all the shopping and restaurants. We also did the boat ride across the river to the City Walk Brewery. We ate at Orsay Restaurant for the best meal! We will be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the backside away from the traffic!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple