“Great stay!”
Review of Riverdale Inn

Riverdale Inn
Ranked #1 of 9 Jacksonville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 December 2011

Great experience at Riverdale Inn. The place was beautiful and very clean. The staff was awesome! It was a wonderful location. The breakfast and afternoon tea was out of this world. We would highly recommend the Riverdale Inn!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 December 2011

Great location--right off I-95. Walking distance to several parks and the Riverwalk (great for runners and walkers alike).

The rooms are spacious and individually decorated. The jacuzzi tub in the Windsor suite is a great amenity. Enjoy hot coffee and juice early in the morning and a homemade hot breakfast each day!
A scrumptious high tea is available with a second day stay.

The house was large enough to have a variety of indoor and outdoor sitting areas. One can relax and enjoy the ambiance.

10-15 minutes from the St. Johns Town Center for shopping and dining. Walking distance to Cummer Art and Gardens.

Just a great place to stay and enjoy!

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed 14 December 2011

I live in the Riverside area of Jacksonville and have been having my family stay here when they come to visit. Everyone I have had stay here has absolutely loved it! The house is gorgeous and the staff is so nice and accommodating! They have a room or connecting rooms perfect for any situation. It is in a great area; only a block from the river and a few blocks from great shopping and restaurants!

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed 5 December 2011

My daughter and I stayed in the Carriage House. It had the two twin beds- off the main house. It was very clean quiet and comfortable. The breakfast was also very nice. A true B & B !! We will stay there again. The staff were very friendly and kind.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Lori W
Reviewed 30 November 2011

I've stayed in many B&Bs over the years throughout the US and while the location of the Riverdale Inn is fantastic and the exterior of the Inn is beautiful, I, unfortunately, have to say that I was not very impressed overall. While the breakfast was certainly adequate, I have to agree with others that it was rather basic. Also, we stayed multiple nights and each morning the breakfast options were the same. Furthermore, while the Inn describes itself as a "Victorian Inn," we found that much of the decor did not reflect this style. For example, there are contemporary "bistro" pictures hanging throughout the downstairs and some of the rooms even feature lazy-boy-style recliners in them. We also felt that for the price paid our room should have been better maintained. Our room had a large window-style heater/air cooler in it that did not function, nor did it appear as though it had been functioning for quite some time. Why the owners of the Inn don't remove this, I'm not sure. Also, our bathroom had large "patches" on the walls. At first I thought that perhaps they had been done recently and the owners simply hadn't had the chance to paint over them yet, but upon inspection my partner said that these patches had been done some time ago and as such should have been painted over to match the rest of the walls. It seemed odd that an Inn that charges anywhere from $150-$200 a night would leave large patches on the walls unpainted. It is for these reasons that I can't give this Inn a 5 star rating. I personally felt, based upon my experiences at other B&Bs, that there is a lot of attention to detail that is lacking. Again, this Inn has a great location and is lovely on the exterior, but overall I do not feel that the prices they charge reflect the quality that they provide. I wanted to love this Inn, but sadly did not.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Travel44569
Reviewed 10 November 2011

I've stayed at Riverdale Inn on several occasions. My grandparents live in the Riverside area of Jacksonville and there are not any hotel chains in the nearby area. On this most recent trip I stayed just one night and had reserved a room in the Carriage House (the least expensive one). Upon my arrival the innkeepers graciously upgraded me to a room in the main house which was more convenient for me (and probably for them, too.) The bed was comfortable and bathroom was fine. Yummy soaps! Everyone is friendly and welcoming. Breakfast is basic but good.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 November 2011

My husband and I celebrated our 12th wedding anniversary with a weekend getaway to the Jacksonville area. This B&B was the perfect little place for us to call home for a few days. The room was cute and the hospitality was superb. The inn is walking distance to the landing, a museum, a weekend arts market, and a quaint little restaurant district. In addition to a filling breakfast, we had the opportunity to enjoy high tea at the inn. As newbies to this English inspired lunch we didn't quite know what to expect. It turned out to be outstanding. We even hunted down a recipe from the inn keeper. This is a great little place and I would definitely recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed: November 2011