“Excellent Bed and Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Riverdale Inn

Riverdale Inn
Ranked #1 of 9 Jacksonville B&B and Inns
Hazleton, Pennsylvania, United States
“Excellent Bed and Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013

The Riverdale Inn was a fantastic place to stay. My girlfriend and I were on a trip from Pennsylvania and we could not have been more pleased with how clean and beautiful the property was, how kind and helpful the staff was, and how comfortable our room was. The breakfasts every morning were fantastic, the Inn is located within reasonable walking distance of many places to eat in Downtown Jacksonville. My girlfriend and I also loved the fact that the bar in the Inn worked on the honor system if there was no bartender working at night, you simply wrote down what you took and were charged for it. I cannot say enough about the kind service at the Riverdale Inn and I can't wait to stay there again in the future.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MichealS84

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

Spent two days at Riverdale and enjoyed our visit. The location was ideal. We walked to the Cummer Museum (which was excellent!) Publix and many restaurants too. (The sushi cafe was great!) The inn is so close to the river that we took many strolls along that too, as well as the park (forgot what it was called.)

The service was stellar. The staff was very accommodating and breakfast was made to order and delicious. Our bed was comfortable and we had a good night's rest.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Roosevelt and I liked it. I think the Roosevelt and the St. John's rooms are mo...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Newfields, New Hampshire, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

The Riverdale Inn was a wonderful place to stay. Everyone was nice and helpful but not in your face. Breakfast was delicious and I was able to order a meal that fit into my diet plan. The rooms has so much personality, are clean, quiet and very comfortable. We can't wait to go back to stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

We did this for a wedding anniversary weekend in December. Nicely done property - interestingly no Christmas decorations (our anniversary is a week before Christmas). The rooms were large and spacious. Close to Memorial Park and the Five Points area. Food was OK, service was good.

Room Tip: Being on the road side is a little noisy.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

I was staying there with my pet. My pet was calm the first day I left her unattended in my room. She started crying the second day when I left. The management called me about it, then offered to walk her for me to help her feel better. They kept my dog with them in their own house till I returned six hours later. They walked her twice.

This was above and beyond anything I could expect anyone to do for me.

Otherwise, the stay was pleasant, the rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable and the complimentary hot breakfast was made to order and delicious! I have friends in the area and I usually stay with them when I visit. I will strongly recommend the Riverdale Inn to anyone who asks me.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Broomfield, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

Our family stayed at The Riverdale and loved it! Everyone was so nice and we enjoyed coming down for breakfast each morning. The building is beautiful, historic and within walking distance to many sites. They also had the best pillows of anywhere I have stayed. The Inn is family owned and they really helped us to get to know the area and enjoy our stay because they were so friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013

I was in Jacksonville on business and the place I was working at recommended this inn. It was perfect in every way. Clean, bed comfortable, price was good, internet free and fairly quick, bathroom clean and hot water had good pressure. The inn has its own bar and the owners allow you to serve yourself and write what you consume. I love places that trust their guests. The owner gave us instructions on how to get to places and we felt as if we were staying at a friend's house. The waterfront is beautiful in this area and there are lots of good restaurants.

Room Tip: I'd trust the owners. We faced the parking lot and it was still great and quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business