“THE BEST!!!”
Review of Riverdale Inn

Riverdale Inn
Ranked #1 of 9 Jacksonville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I want to give everyone at Riverdale Inn kudos for an exceptional stay at the Inn. We booked the Inn because of the convenience to our office and were astounded by the cleanliness, hospitality and service that were given to our group. The rooms were spotless. The breakfast was delicious. The private dinner at was absolutely amazing. As my boss said after dinner "… that was the most amazing, delectable and relaxing dinner that we have had..." Everyone enjoyed themselves thanks to our hosts. We will be back for our next meeting in October. Thank you again for everything. You are all marvelous!

Room Tip: Book early!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 21 September 2013

My husband and I like to stay in a B&B rather than a hotel chain when we have a few days in a city because we get more of the "feel" of the city, along with personal attention. The Riverdale Inn in Jacksonville is a great vintage B&B in a historic neighborhood that just invites you to get out and walk to the many nearby attractions and restaurants in Jacksonville's attractive Riverside area. It's clean, well-managed, with distinctively decorated rooms, great made-to-order breakfasts, a nice little full-bar area, and a friendly, helpful staff. We stayed in Margaret's Window, which is one of the lower-priced rooms, a little on the "small" side, but still charming with lots of windows (like a screened-in porch room) and a nice walk-in shower. We'd definitely stay in Riverdale Inn again and are happy to recommend it to others!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank CSK2
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Brides!!!!! Do NOT book this inn if you are planning to use this inn to get ready for the wedding or have any of your wedding party stay here. Linda, the owner, is a miserable woman that made my wedding experience horrible.

I booked this inn almost 7 months before my wedding. My wedding was the Cummer Art Museum down the street. I thought this place would be great because it was within walking distance and had the cute B&B look. I went and visited the inn to see the size of the rooms and explained to the employees my intentions on using the rooms for my bridal party to get ready and then where my future husband and I would stay. They were very pleasant and answered all of my questions.

THEN....9 days before my wedding, Linda sent me an email to inform me that additional fees were going to be charged to the rooms I rented for every person over the occupancy number (the occupancy number is 2). So for every person over 2, I would incur an additional fee. Her reasoning...she instituted new policies a few weeks before my wedding because she had a bad experience with one bride in which some linens needed to be replaced. Instead of making the bad bride pay for those expenses, she was going to charge me an additional fee for all additional people in case we caused any damaged to her linens. THIS WAS NEVER MENTIONED TO ME WHEN I BOOKED 7 MONTHS IN ADVANCE. She was sorry I wasn't told at the time of booking but she had a business to run. I understand charging me after the fact if I damage something in her inn....I do not understand being charged a fee for something that hasn't even happened yet!!! That is not standard hotel policy.

Also, when I asked about food options to be brought to the room while my girls and I were getting ready...she indicated that there were food options but that wasn't my role in my wedding. I shouldn't be getting any food because my MOH and the BM needs to do that. She proceeded to tell me what proper etiquette is on this issue. She wouldn't even tell me the options because she insisted that I can't serve the food, the other people need to be concerned with that. COMPLETELY INAPPROPRIATE. She has no business telling me what I can and can't do in the my wedding.

After her rude behavior, we cancelled all of our reservations at this Inn. I refused to give Linda a dime of my money.

Brides...beware of this establishment and how the owner, Linda, treats her customers. Completely unacceptable!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jessica S
Reviewed 12 September 2013

This is a lovely B&B in a historic neighborhood near Downtown Jacksonville. If you want a quaint setting away from the traffic this place is great. Walking distance to nice local restaurants. I would recommend this place and would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 4 September 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed in the Roosevelt room! Very huge bed and spacious layout. We loved the vintage style of the whole house and the room. It was a cozy little B&B, a vacation we needed! We loved how it was like a home and we could walk down to breakfast in our pajamas. We enjoyed a very homemade breakfast by one of the innkeepers. They have an honor system at the pub within the Riverdale, which made us feel respected as guests. It was a very clean house and room. The only downside to our stay was the poor wifi connection and no mini fridge within our room (but we got to use the one downstairs). Overall, it was a great cozy experience!

Room Tip: In the Roosevelt room, they have a very spacious bed and spacious tub!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I have stayed here twice and will again. The staff is friendly and the location is great. Do not miss out on the breakfast it is always outstanding! Memorial Park is near by for a great morning walk. There is nearby dining that is really good that you can drive or walk too. If you are in Jacksonville I highly suggest this B&B.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We frequently visit family in Jacksonville. When their guest room is occupied, we stay elsewhere and have tried several places of accommodation. The Riverdale Inn is our favorite, each room has its own personality, breakfasts are excellent, and we look forward to more visits in the future. It's an easy walk to the Cummer Museum, which has top quality collections and exhibitions.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family