Riverdale Inn
US$168
US$142
HotelIndigo.com
US$113
All reviewsfive pointscummer museummemorial parkhonor barcarriage househonor systemthe main housebed and breakfastpark suitebreakfast was deliciousriverside arearoosevelt roomblack sheeparts marketchain hotelsmade to order breakfastwithin walking distance
Reviewed 3 October 2013

My husband celebrated his 80th birthday last weekend. Our family members felt that the hospitality they were shown by the innkeepers was above and beyond excellent! They came from Ohio, Delaware, Toronto Canada, and Naples, Florida .The staff is warm and friendly, the rooms are clean and beautifully decorated. Each room has it's own "personality". To quote one member of our family, "breakfasts are to die for!!!I" In fact, they are so good that my husband and I walked over to the Inn from our condo just to join the family for breakfast and see if what our folks were raving about was true...and it was!!!

Eric, the Riverdale Inn chef catered a private a family dinner one night that was subperb and a party for 60 at the Inn on Saturday night. Many of our guests reported that the food was excellent and beautifully presented..the staff at the Inn very accommodating and the management made everyone feel like the Inn was "their home away from home". We plan to use Riverdale Inn in the future to put up family and friends. You get at lot of "bang for your buck"

If you want a place in an Historic Area, where you can walk to museums and restaurants and enjoy many "neighborhood activities" and the beautiful Memorial Park which is just a block from the Inn..... Riverdale Inn is the place to stay..It was a memorable experience for all!!

Room Tip: Can't pick just one room. They are all so individual, each one designed for comfort..with fire places and comfortable chairs for reading lucious bathrobes to snuggle in to after a shower.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Laura C
Reviewed 26 September 2013

This bed and breakfast is beautiful!
Easy access from 95.
From the warm greeting Linda (Innkeeper) gave us, to the beautiful room. Our room overlooked the front of the Bed and Breakfast. To the yummy veggie omelets (you could have any item to order) . You can walk to shopping, restaurants and the Great St John's river .

I almost forgot, the bed was wonderful. I want one.
I would stay again!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I want to give everyone at Riverdale Inn kudos for an exceptional stay at the Inn. We booked the Inn because of the convenience to our office and were astounded by the cleanliness, hospitality and service that were given to our group. The rooms were spotless. The breakfast was delicious. The private dinner at was absolutely amazing. As my boss said after dinner "… that was the most amazing, delectable and relaxing dinner that we have had..." Everyone enjoyed themselves thanks to our hosts. We will be back for our next meeting in October. Thank you again for everything. You are all marvelous!

Room Tip: Book early!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 September 2013

My husband and I like to stay in a B&B rather than a hotel chain when we have a few days in a city because we get more of the "feel" of the city, along with personal attention. The Riverdale Inn in Jacksonville is a great vintage B&B in a historic neighborhood that just invites you to get out and walk to the many nearby attractions and restaurants in Jacksonville's attractive Riverside area. It's clean, well-managed, with distinctively decorated rooms, great made-to-order breakfasts, a nice little full-bar area, and a friendly, helpful staff. We stayed in Margaret's Window, which is one of the lower-priced rooms, a little on the "small" side, but still charming with lots of windows (like a screened-in porch room) and a nice walk-in shower. We'd definitely stay in Riverdale Inn again and are happy to recommend it to others!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank CSK2
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Brides!!!!! Do NOT book this inn if you are planning to use this inn to get ready for the wedding or have any of your wedding party stay here. Linda, the owner, is a miserable woman that made my wedding experience horrible.

I booked this inn almost 7 months before my wedding. My wedding was the Cummer Art Museum down the street. I thought this place would be great because it was within walking distance and had the cute B&B look. I went and visited the inn to see the size of the rooms and explained to the employees my intentions on using the rooms for my bridal party to get ready and then where my future husband and I would stay. They were very pleasant and answered all of my questions.

THEN....9 days before my wedding, Linda sent me an email to inform me that additional fees were going to be charged to the rooms I rented for every person over the occupancy number (the occupancy number is 2). So for every person over 2, I would incur an additional fee. Her reasoning...she instituted new policies a few weeks before my wedding because she had a bad experience with one bride in which some linens needed to be replaced. Instead of making the bad bride pay for those expenses, she was going to charge me an additional fee for all additional people in case we caused any damaged to her linens. THIS WAS NEVER MENTIONED TO ME WHEN I BOOKED 7 MONTHS IN ADVANCE. She was sorry I wasn't told at the time of booking but she had a business to run. I understand charging me after the fact if I damage something in her inn....I do not understand being charged a fee for something that hasn't even happened yet!!! That is not standard hotel policy.

Also, when I asked about food options to be brought to the room while my girls and I were getting ready...she indicated that there were food options but that wasn't my role in my wedding. I shouldn't be getting any food because my MOH and the BM needs to do that. She proceeded to tell me what proper etiquette is on this issue. She wouldn't even tell me the options because she insisted that I can't serve the food, the other people need to be concerned with that. COMPLETELY INAPPROPRIATE. She has no business telling me what I can and can't do in the my wedding.

After her rude behavior, we cancelled all of our reservations at this Inn. I refused to give Linda a dime of my money.

Brides...beware of this establishment and how the owner, Linda, treats her customers. Completely unacceptable!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple