“A Lovely Getaway”

Riverdale Inn
Ranked #1 of 9 Jacksonville B&B and Inns
“A Lovely Getaway”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I stayed here with my partner for a night in Jacksonville, and that was a great decision. This place has got it all. Lovely and historic architecture. A home-y feel. And the owners are so personable! Our room was neat and spacious, plus the fan had already been running for sometime so the room was already cool--crucial to combat the heat and humidity of a summer in Florida!
Also, there are plenty of very nice restaurants and historic neighborhoods in Riverside in Jacksonville that are definitely great to check out and hang out in. I look forward to the next opportunity we have to stay at the Riverdale again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 17 July 2014

My partner surprised me the night before my birthday and got us a room at this quaint B&B in Jacksonville. While her going through all the work and surprising me was enough in itself to make me speechless, once I saw the place and our room in the little Carriage house in the back, I was floored. The bed was extremely comfortable, the bathrooms were clean and spacious, and I felt so at home. What a special treat. It got better the morning after, when the innkeeper personally greeted us, chatted with us, and made us a wonderful (can I emphasize, WONDERFUL) breakfast. We were undecided on what to get out of the selection, and she was so accommodating that she ended up making a delicious veggie omelet that was big enough to split between two plates - all with bacon, sausage, and toast. She also made us homemade pecan waffles to split. Everything about this place, from the beautiful architecture, the at-home comforting feeling, to the kindest service, was perfect. If you are looking to stay in Jacksonville (and are even on a budget, because it was only $149 for the room with breakfast included) stay here. It's in such a cute part of town, too. I can't say enough good things about this place.

Room Tip: The carriage house was so cute and it felt like our own little home. I would recommend it!
pNTE vEDRA
Reviewed 8 July 2014

The inn keepers are very warm and friendly. This was our second time at the inn and the experience was just as good as our first. They make you feel like you are home. Our room was very clean and kept up well. They have a wonderful morning breakfast.

The location is excellent well within walking distance to night spots, restaurants, and local events.

It is a perfect stay-cation spot for my wife and I definitely return for another visit soon.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great.
1 Thank Vance j
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I have stayed here twice and love the location as well as the comfy beds and the architectural details of this historic home. The innkeepers are very nice folks. There is a full bar in the house which I think is a nice little feature and lots of places to sit if you so desire.
One block from the river, the park, and Five Points shopping center, once just can't beat the location. I stayed in "Martha's Window" which has windows all around, so nice and sunny. It suited my needs just fine. I will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
TALLAHASSEE
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Riverdale Inn is well appointed with comfortable rooms and of course made to order breakfast. The owners were extremely friendly and helpful. But then isn't this expected of all good+ B and B's?

What makes Riverdale Inn standout is a very large riverfront park one block away and Jacksonville's oldest settlement/ village Riverfront AKA 5 Points just down Riverfront Drive and a right on Margaret Street. You will find 7 or 8 good to great "Mom and Pop" restaurants from Fusion, to 3x pizza winner Italian eatery, an Irish Pub, etc. Forget something? Brand new Publix off to the side and out of the way.

Scooting around Jax, though challenging, is made easy with Riverfront Dr leading to I95 (GPS helps)

Go back? You betcha.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My wife and I live in Jacksonville, but were looking for a romantic getaway. This place fit the bill. The staff was super friendly and this is a family owned and operated business. We were able to enjoy a fantastic night in Riverside!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Alexandria
Reviewed 24 June 2014

The Riverdale Inn is a hidden Jacksonville treasure. Each room looks inviting for a week or a weekend stay. The staff are service-oriented and friendly. The homemade breakfast served in the stylish dining room was exceptional. Our family will return to the Riverdale Inn; can't wait for the next visit.

• Stayed June 2014