“Great overnight stop”

Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville-Airport
Ranked #3 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Shuttle from the airport was easy to arrange and the driver was helpful with our heavy suitcases. The hotel was clean and we were pleased with our 2 queen bedroom. It was a good size with no noticeable noise from the airport and we slept really well. The rate at this hotel was particularly good value given that breakfast is included.

My only negatives are ones that apply to the whole Hampton Inn chain:
1) Why only coffee in the room, no tea bags?
2) The hot water in the lobby where I had to go to get my cup of tea was lukewarm at best in 2 separate Hampton Inn hotels. Water for tea needs to be hot!
3) Default pillows should be non-feather given the level of allergies these days, with feather pillows available on request. Requesting non-feather pillows is probably possible, but doesn't overcome the problem of feather dust being in the room.

2  Thank Hardisty

Reviewed 28 August 2014

Hampton Inn as always was clean, and the staff was very helpful. Although there was construction going on in the lobby, I understand these things are necessary from time to time to keep the property in good shape.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Robert L
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Many hotels near airports are not too good. This one was super great. The rate was very good and the service was awesome. The room was clean and comfortable and the shuttle service was even early. I would definitely choose this hotel again.

2  Thank B6592UEbrians
Reviewed 23 August 2014

I stayed in a two Queen bed suite and it was very spacious. I noticed a few things about the hotel. The smell of the hallway when I entered the first floor from the side doors of the hotel was gross. The drains of the shower and bathroom sink barely drained and backed up on every use. This only slightly affected my stay and seemed more of a nuisance for the staff who had to clean the rooms.

Room Tip: Traffic patterns and service roads around this hotel are confusing and the drivers are aggressive.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank bmt1976
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Needed to be at the airport at 5:30am, wish our stay was longer. Would have like to use the pool & to have a morning meal there.The hotel is very nice & it is clean. Very close to the airport! Very nice!

2  Thank Patricia C
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I've had pretty fair results with Hampton Inns but recently had a rather dismal experience in this property due to the fact that there was NO RUNNING WATER in the room when I woke up. Also, I received an unwanted, unneeded, and unrequested wake-up call at 4:40 a.m. I never asked for a wake-up call at any time. I presume someone missed their flight because I received their call. Come on Hampton Jax, get it together!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank keylime44
Ava D, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Good Evening,
I do sincerely apologize for all of the inconveniences that you endured during your stay at our property. The water situation was out of our control as well, and we did work diligently to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. For the wake up disturbance I am not sure how that issue occured but we are watching our systems to make sure this issue does not occur again. I am not sure what your name is but I would be more than happy to issue a 100% satisfaction guarantee to you for your inconveniences. If you could please email me directly. Thank you for your feed back as it does help us to follow up with continued staff training.

Ava Dotson
904-741-4001
ava.dotson@hilton.com

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Stayed here for a two day business trip. Location to the airport is outstanding. Hotel is clean and front desk personnel are very quick to get you in and to your room. Room was clean and bed was comfortable. The hotel is located in a very quite area with two decent restaurants within walking distance. Breakfast is the usual Hampton, nothing special but consistent. Good place to stay for both business and family.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business