“Asian delights in small plates format”

Hawker's Asian Street Fare
Ranked #14 of 1,996 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sebastian, Florida
“Asian delights in small plates format”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

The format is perfect for me because I just cannot eat the large portions offered at most restaurants, especially Asian venues.

Loved the Jicama salad entrée. The pot stickers are some of the best anywhere, both fried and boiled.

I thought the service was prompt and the waitress was cool.

• Visited May 2014

Houston, Texas
“Was expecting something more”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

I love food with roots in Asian countries and I love that the Hawker's menu offers flavors from many places. I am also sure this is a great night spot because they have a ton of craft beers on draft and many others in bottles. I had the duck sliders-- a little duck, some plum sauce, and some cucumbers on a bun. Ok. The wait staff was nice but I didn't get a refill until I was ready to leave and the other staff members were talking about what they were planning to do that night. My soda was also-- are you ready for this?--- $2.50! It would have been cheaper to get one of those 9% beers. This area of Riverside Park is becoming 'hip' so I would say Hawker's is in the hip category but I would go elsewhere for good Asian cuisine.

• Visited July 2014
Darien, Georgia
“Unique Asian Cuisine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

While visiting my sister, she insisted we eat at Hawkers. I was pleasantly surprised. I am somewhat of a picky eater but I really enjoyed everything I was served! My husband and I have even returned to eat there a few times. It can be a little crowded and that makes for a lengthy meal as some things take forever. If you have the time to spend then its well worth it!

• Visited May 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
“Absolutely Disgusting!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

As a frequent tripadvisor reviewer I am NOT one to leave snarky or negative reviews.
That being said, my trip to this restaurant was utterly disgusting. I am a vegetarian and I love that approximately 99.9% of restaurants in Jacksonville are vegetarian friendly. Hawker's claims to be vegetarian friendly, even with cute little pictures of bunnies next to their supposed "vegetarian" items.
I ordered a dish designated vegetarian and SPECIFICALLY verbally confirmed with our waitress that the dish was vegetarian.
After a bite of my food, I look down to see several shrimp in my small plate. I was extremely upset by this and politely brought it to the waitresses attention. She took the offensive dish away. The staff and/or manager did not offer any replacement or refund for the meal. I was charged for the meat laden meal that left me sick to my stomach.
I will NEVER visit Hawker's again!

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank Katie U
“Great place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

The atmosphere is well executed but on the evening we visited the place was hot and humid. We joked that the owners were trying to emulate an actual Asian street.

I agree with a previous reviewer that the food was almost lackluster. However the very friendly staff brought us an array of fabulous and unique sauces that made all the dishes unique and very flavorful. I would highly recommend you asking for a set of sauces as you order your food.
Overall was a great experience and we plan to go back. Particularly as the staff promised that the AC would be fixed imminently.