“Worst. Lunch. Ever.”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Worst. Lunch. Ever.”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I went to Hawker's after hearing amazing things from friends. I ordered the summer rolls and chicken skewers. It took the waiter over 10 minutes to say there was no summer rolls so I switched to the chicken dumplings. After 30 minutes of waiting and requesting the food, I was told there was apparently a computer glitch and it never got entered but would be made "on the fly". About 10 minutes later, my lunch arrived. The chicken skewers were mediocre quality, and it was hard to tell if the chicken in the dumpling was fully cooked as it looked a little pink. The service other than the food part was lovely and I was comped the lunch I did not really eat, which was appropriate and appreciated.

2 Thank ckamlet

jacksonville, florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun and loud”
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Have been twice, high top tables not the greatest with kids, bottled beer not quite cold enough, pad Thai pretty good, and the bread app with sauce is delish, overall a fun and loud place to go, however nothing out of the park, but its pretty cheap so heck give it a try.

“Yum!”
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

It's so hard to find Asian food that tastes authentic in Jax. This place hits the spot. And the small plates are a great way to try a little bit of everything.

Sebastian, Florida
“Asian delights in small plates format”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The format is perfect for me because I just cannot eat the large portions offered at most restaurants, especially Asian venues.

Loved the Jicama salad entrée. The pot stickers are some of the best anywhere, both fried and boiled.

I thought the service was prompt and the waitress was cool.

• Visited May 2014
Houston, Texas
“Was expecting something more”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I love food with roots in Asian countries and I love that the Hawker's menu offers flavors from many places. I am also sure this is a great night spot because they have a ton of craft beers on draft and many others in bottles. I had the duck sliders-- a little duck, some plum sauce, and some cucumbers on a bun. Ok. The wait staff was nice but I didn't get a refill until I was ready to leave and the other staff members were talking about what they were planning to do that night. My soda was also-- are you ready for this?--- $2.50! It would have been cheaper to get one of those 9% beers. This area of Riverside Park is becoming 'hip' so I would say Hawker's is in the hip category but I would go elsewhere for good Asian cuisine.