I stayed here on 08/02/14. Upon arrival the lady that checked us in was fairly pleasant, but not at all what I would call friendly. She checked us in, but didn't bother to give directions on how to get to our room, as most of the desk clerks have done in the past.
I decided to go to the pool. Upon leaving the card wouldn't open the door. I had to bang on the door for 5 minutes (about 20 yards from the front desk), until someone came over to let me back in. The hot tub was good and hot, but the jets hardly worked at all. I think only one port actually worked. Attention maintenance!
The room was nice, the bed was comfortable, but the other guest were LOUD! It would seem that this hotel would at least ask the guests coming in after 10 P.M. to hold down the noise. You would have thought that the World Series had just ended. Doors slamming, and a bunch of lip yapping coming from the hallways made it almost impossible to get any sleep.
The next morning, I went down to breakfast, and just as others have stated, it was fair. Cereal, milk, fake eggs (I would doubt that those eggs have ever seen a real chicken), and the like. It was ok for free, but I wouldn't have paid any extra to eat there.
The young woman at the check out was about the most unfriendly staff I have seen at any hotel I have ever stayed at. She never smiled, never made eye contact, and seemed to think that she was doing me a favor by checking me out.
All in all, I will be going back to Jacksonville twice a year, but I might have to find somewhere else to stay. This is just as the name says, only fair.
A couple of things could have made it better: Employees that act like the are "alive", and at least thankful to have a job, if not happy to do it.
And for heavens sake: buy some better eggs!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Jacksonville Fairfield Inn & Suites Butler Blvd., Off of I-95, is central to downtown, the Jacksonville and Craig Airports, as well as beautiful beaches of Florida. Only 2 miles away, the Deerwood business district, is home to Merrill Lynch, Blue Cross Blue Shield and Flagler Corporation. Our Jacksonville, FL Hotel team welcomes meetings held in their spacious function space unique to our Fairfield Inn hotel on Butler. Blvd. Medical team members & patients visiting Mayo Clinic and St. Luke's Hospital find value, comfort, courtesy and productivity at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville, FL Hotel. For fun, the St. John's River offers adventure and if you are you a sports fan, the Jacksonville Jaguars are thrilling to see in action! The University of North Florida & the Florida Coastal School of Law are minutes away. Favorite nearby dining spots include P.F. Changs, the Cheesecake Factory, and Maggianos. Stay and Believe in Fairfield Inn! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville Butler Boulevard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville Butler Boulevard Hotel Jacksonville
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Jacksonville Butler Boulevard
- Fairfield Inn Jacksonville
- Fairfield Jacksonville
- Jacksonville Fairfield Inn