“Nice, Clean, great BREAKFAST very friendly staff.”

Hampton Inn Jacksonville-I-295 East/Baymeadows
Ranked #5 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 11 August 2011

close to unf(2 miles). easy to acsess freeway, beach, all thats available.nice exercise room. big beds. really clean.GREAT breakfast. and VERY FRIENDLY STAFF.

Room Tip: used my credit card points, but Hotel.com is awesome
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 4 August 2011

The hotel was nice. Not as nice as other Hampton's but certainly not dirty either. The breakfast was great in the morning and the staff frequently refilled the food. The only complaint I had was our shower in our room (307) was SUPER slippery. My 6 and 1/2 month pregnant sister was with me and I had to help her in and out of the shower to ensure that she didn't fall. Not sure if it was due to soft water or cleaning products but it was like an ice skating rink in there!

There was a Publix and Hurricane Wings and Grill in the shopping center across the street. A gas station, Stein Mart and some fast food places were super close as well.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Spent one night there, for a conference at UNF. There seemed to be a sports team (14 year old kids everywhere). I asked to be far away from the noise, so we got top floor (which is great).

The first room we were assigned, the door was opened (as well as the one across from it). I found it odd, and we went in carefully. No-one in there, but it smelled like a smoking-room. We went back downstairs and got assigned a new room. All good now! (I wonder if the room was left open to let the 'smoke' out?.. the door is opened ever so lightly it would make no difference...). Note that we were told there were no longer smoking rooms so it could have been something else. :o)

All in all, the night went well. No noise anywhere. :o)

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 July 2011

This was our second Hampton Inn in the Jacksonville area. Following the recommendation of the other hotel, I called ahead to check on the status of our adjoining rooms. If we were ok with two queens, it would be no problem Gail assured us warmly. She would take care of it - and she did.
The service at this hotel was outstanding and there were enough people on duty to take care of the customers. We got a great dinner recommendation along with a "get to the head of the line" coupon. They also checked when we returned to be sure we had enjoyed our dinner.
The rooms were lovely and the refrigerator even had a freezer section which was great for our cold packs for the cooler. We had lots of TV channels. Best of all, the doors between the rooms would stay open by themselves and could easily be left slightly ajar. Perfect!
Breakfast had normal tables that we configured to seat all 6 of us. There were great Sunday newspapers available. The food selection was much better than the other Hampton though the waffles were still a bit of a problem. Having enjoyed many Hampton waffles in the past, we don't know if the recipe has changed, the irons are wearing out, or something else has caused the problems we had.
In the future when we have a stay in Jacksonville, the 9A/Baymeadows property will be our first choice.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2011

This is a newer, nice Hampton Inn. It is in the middle of a shopping center area and in a good part of town just off the interstate (9A). The room was in good condition, the breakfast was well stocked and the price was right!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 May 2011

We booked a room here for the night before our cruise. The room was spacious with a great comfy bed & pillows. Very good complimentary breakfast. They also offer free parking and shuttle service back and forth to the cruise terminal at Jaxport. It is a little further away from the port (25 minutes) but it is in a nice neighborhood with good restaurants and shopping for those last minute items. Easy access to freeways. Friendly and efficient staff make you feel all the more welcome.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Liz441
jaxby1, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Jacksonville-I-295 East/Baymeadows, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2011

Thank you so much for your kind words. Our property has recently added a shuttle which has been a huge hit with our guests! Our shuttle runs within a 10 miles radius of the hotel and is happy to transport guests to the cruise terminal as well, for those for book under our "Park, Stay, and Go Package." This package allows guests to park their car at the hotel, free of charge, and be transported to and from JAXPORT. We hope that if you decide to vacation in Jacksonville again that you will select our property. Here at The Hampton Inn 9A & Baymeadows..."We Love Having You Here!"

Reviewed 21 February 2011

I was happy with this hotel, clean, comfy bed, great staff, great breakfast. To top it off, they have a new shuttle bus that provides transportation to/from the wedding we were attending. Our driver gave us a list of local taxis to call bc we were returning late to the hotel. Makes me want to explore other Hampton's.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank picky12345

Thank you so much for your response. I am happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of our new shuttle. The shuttle is a new addition to our property as of January 2011. The addition of our shuttle has been great in transporting large groups to wedding and other social events. We look forward to seeing you again soon!