“Nice property, friendly staff, easy to access.”

Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295
Ranked #75 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Gainesville, GA
“Nice property, friendly staff, easy to access.”
Reviewed 10 April 2011

I stayed at this property for one night prior to departing on a cruise. It's about 15 min. from Jax Cruise Port. I am a part time travel agent, and I have booked many clients at this location. All of my clients have been satisfied with their stay. The bathroom is all-in-one (vanity and shower area all in one unit) and my preference is to have a vanity separate so others can get ready at the same time, but this is just a personal preference.
The dining was typical continental fare--- hot waffle machine, cereal, toast, fruits, etc...
Rooms were nice sized with either a king and a sofabed or 2 queens and a sofabed.
There is an outdoor pool but it is covered overhead.
The only one drawback of the property is there is only 1 elevator, so at times there is a bit of a wait.
Next door is a Wendy's but other than that, there are not really any other restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side of the property.
  • Stayed April 2011
1 Thank becsmith42
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, 23 June 2011
Hi Becky....Appreciate the thorough review. Just to let you know (for the next time) there are about 5-7 restaurants within a very short drive of the property. If you have a wait for the elevator on the next visit, give me a shout and I'll take you up in my private one (!?).

Bill Flor, GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 26 March 2011

The staff at this hotel is very friendly and exceptionally courteous. They assisted with our drivers safety/staff meeting and it was such a pleasure to work with such a helpful group of people. Breakfast was an added plus!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank ateamer
Great adjectives...friendly, courteous, helpful (or are they nouns?? - been a while). Thanks and hope to see you soon.

Evans City, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 March 2011

A great place to stop when you are passing through Jacksonville or for that matter staying in Jacksonville for a while! This is a beautiful hotel with everything you could ask for and in a convenient location.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CDory
Thank you for the five star review...we'll work for a six next time!!

My Best,
Bill
Guyton, Georgia
Reviewed 3 March 2011

This location is quite clean and well kept. The staff is courteous and helpful. Location
is convenient to the interstates and near many large local commercial contacts.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Thanks a trillion (a million is not much these days)! Come on back when you can rest and relax...

Kimbolton, Ohio
Reviewed 22 February 2011

Great service at front desk very helpfull and friendly. Rooms are in great condition and very well maintained. Breakfast in morning excellent. General manager will help you any way he can

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Great feed back but, next time you will have to wash your own car (I'll do almost anything)!

Bill Flor,
GM
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 22 February 2011

Bill and his front desk has a very nasty personality. I have worked in hotel for over 15 years and have never been treated the way I was treated at this hotel. They promised to honor my resevation then fail to to so at checkin. So I ended up paying double for the room because they place unlawful charges on my account. I gave them my credit card because they told me they don't accept cash. I see the reason for the rule now, to get money that don't belong to them. 5 days later the hotel bill my credit card again FOR TOWELS. So I called hotel again, bill claimed that he was ging to put my money back into my account on last thursday. I'm still waiting on my money . Again I called to ask when he's going to put my money back he told me on next thursday. It only takes 3 to 5 days for credits to post to an account from a hotel.
BILL IS FULL OF IT, HE IS RUDE AND A VERY DISHONEST MAN. HE PUT THE CREDIT CARD ONLY P OLICY TO RIPE PEOPLE OFF AFTER THEY LEAVE. NOW , IM CURRENTLY FIGHTING THESE UNLAWFUL CHARGE WITH ME BANK AND MY LAW OFFICE.BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, 11 March 2011
As you can see from the rest of the responses, this is not par for our hotel. The reviewer was booked at an employee rate (from another brand franchise) and did not follow the rules when changing the reservation. The negative comments appeared when charged our regular rate for a soldout time period. Thank you...Bill Flor G.M.
Portsmouth, Ohio
Reviewed 20 February 2011

Enjoyed our stay ....easy to get to off I-295...new...room clean...recommend for senior travelers...very good , warm breakfast...morning newspapers...reasonable rates..management very interested in making our stay comfortable.....highly recommend

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank John50868
Thank you and I will fluff your pillows again next time!!