“Great value for your money”

Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295
Ranked #76 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 30 July 2011

I stayed at this hotel on my way to and from Rollins College in Winter Park for a conference. I was traveling with a group of students and this hotel was wonderful. I was very happy with the cost of our suites. I'd never found a room that would sleep 6 people for such a low rate... that was perfect for our situation. The front desk staff was very helpful and nice. I wish I had their names, but every single person I ran into from the front desk, to the maid service, to the manager was welcoming and helpful. The breakfast was great. The hot entrees on the days I was there were eggs and sausage and then eggs and ham. The other choices were great. Waffle maker was yummy. Overall, I was very very happy with our stay. We will definitely be utilzing this hotel if we travel that way again and I definitely recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2011

Hello Word Teach...Thank you for the extensive review! Glad to take care of you and the crew. Next time you are going to Rollins, check out the Cuban restaurant off Park by the campus. Best Cuban sandwiches...ever!!

Bill

Reviewed 20 July 2011

My Family Reunion was hosted at the Comfort Suites-Commonwealth Ave.-Jacksonville, FL. July 8-9, 2011. I must say first of all, dealing with the Hotel Manager, Mr. Bill Flohr was an absolute pleasure. You didn't feel like you were in a hotel setting, he made you feel like you were an old friend or family member that had come to visit . He was accomodating and he worked I believe just as hard as the staff. One morning he stood and made guests waffles while conversating with the people. And the front desk people were superb. One that my cousin and I spoke to on the 3-11 shift made us feel like we hadn't seen her in a long time and we old friends from way back. Everybody was so personable and they remembered your name. And were so accomodating! I would stay there on GP without having an event. But for those that are doing event planning, excellent place to be!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
billfl793, Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2011

I shared your comments with the staff and they were happy you took the time to post your views. We appreciate your family staying with us and please do come back anytime you are in the area!

Bill & Staff

Reviewed 19 July 2011

Stayed 4 nights during my family's reunion. Staff from front desk to management to housekeeping were personable, service oriented and hardworking. Highly recommend if ever in the area.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
billfl793, Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2011

Thank you for taking the time to relay your thoughts on our hotel. It sure was a busy weekend and we thoroughly enjoyed being of service to your family members. Please come and see us again!

Bill & Staff

Reviewed 21 June 2011

My family (2 Adults and 4 kids ranging from 10 to 16) stayed here for one night on our way to Orlando. The hotel was clean and in a good neighborhood. Another plus is it is right off of the highway, so there's no getting lost.
The service was good and the rooms were well appointed and clean. On top of that, the price was great when booking in advance. This one is a winner.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank glen65
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2011

Thank you for the kind words and we hope to see you again real soon!

Reviewed 26 May 2011

I was very pleasantly surprised and impressed with this hotel. I was traveling with a colleague for business and this hotel was close to our clients. It is a little off the beaten path (not much around it), but close to our clients and close to I-295. The price was great, the hotel was great, and the staff was probably the friendliest hotel staff I have ever worked with. Rochelle was very hospitable and pleasant to work with. She gave us a recommendation of a restaurant that turned out to be a great place to eat! The complimentary breakfast was impressive. The hotel was clean and spotless and the maid service was consistent.
Thank you for making this a great place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank BillyLaLa

We appreciate your positive feed back! Yes, Rochelle is certainly one of a kind. I wish she had a twin or perhaps we could clone her!!

Reviewed 22 May 2011

Our truck broke down and for 5 days we felt as though we were home with family with the old fashioned style rooms, quaint country breakfast, very friendly staff, it definitely made being stuck a great experience.

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank v_venezia

Glad to have made your unscheduled 'pit stop' as pleasant as possible! We hope the road is treating you well and come back soon (but, not due to a break down!)

Reviewed 25 April 2011

Everyone was very friendly. Bill the manager was so nice. He offered directions and came around at breakfast to see how we were doing. The room was very spacious. My son loved the cookies at check in. More hotels should be like this one.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Jtoney68

Glad to see you had a pleasant stay. I bet you did not know I come in at 4:00 A.M. to bake the cookies...only kidding, Otis does the hard work!