“Enjoyed my stay”

Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295
Ranked #76 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 8 February 2012

Hotel staff always helpful and always nice. Would stay here again and again if in the area.

Room Tip: our room was near the elevator but didn't really hear the noise from the elevator.
1  Thank oceanwinds
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2012

Good day oceanwinds...Thank you for your feedback and please do come by and see us again when in the area.

My Best,

Reviewed 16 January 2012

In my 28 yrs active duty and 8 years teaching AFJROTC I have never had the pleasure of staying in such a well managed, well ran, clean, efficient, friendly, with professional and genuine hospitality in all my travels. If you are ever in the Jax area and need a place to stay for you, your family, or business org -- staying here is must! The breakfast featured the normal cereals, rolls, bagels, etc but their buffet included real scrambled eggs. I had 4 adults and 31 high school kids traveling with me and every one agreed with me it was the best place we/they had stayed. The staff could not have been more organized or helpful. Check in for that many people took less than 5 minutes. They put us all on the same floor which meant chaperoning was a snap. I left my cell phone recharger in the room. The next mailing day it was in the mail along with a students who also forgot his. If I sound over enthusiastic about this Comfort Inn I don't mean to be. I want to sound as the write up suggest -- overwhelmed! The GM , Mr. Bill Flor, showed for breakfast to introduce himself and thank us for using his Comfort Inn. That too is a first!
Enough of my rambling.....STAY HERE! NUFF SAID!

Room Tip: They are all good!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2012

Thank you, colonel, for your extensive review. It was indeed our pleasure to be of service to your group of fine men and women who aspire to serve our country. We look forward to next year!

Reviewed 11 January 2012

This was the perfect vacation topped off with excellent lodging in a spacious room, fantastic service and a great, hot breakfast each morning. The general manager and the hotel staff were always available and very helpful ~ all went that extra mile to ensure our stay was a pleasant one! Free internet service with the computer located in the lobby was a plus, since we do not have a laptop! Located close to downtown Jacksonville with a quick drive to the football stadium ~ we got to see two great games! If you are traveling to Jacksonville, this is the place to stay. Located right off of I-295, the trip to and from the airport was a breeze. When I return to Jacksonville, this will be my home away from home!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2012

Thank you for your valuable feedback! I have shared your comments with all the staff and they are very pleased you took the time to recongize their efforts. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 9 January 2012

This is a great value for the business traveller. An excellent location from which to access greater Jacksonville yet far enough from the downtown area to remain affordable and quiet. The rooms are newly furnished, clean and spacious. Great bed and shower. Staff is friendly and helpful. AND... there were real eggs for breakfast, not the yellow disc things. This will be my chosen hotel in Jacksonville from now on.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2012

Thank you for your feedback. It was certainly our pleasure to be of service and well worth while getting up early to chase those chickens down for real eggs!

Reviewed 27 November 2011

This hotel is located in an industrial area of questionable charactor, we booked for two days, on the morning of the second day a knock on the door at 8:00am woke us up. It was the housekeeping staff wanting to know if they could CLEAN the room?? I travel frequently and have never received a knock on the door to clean the room at that hour and I never put a "do not disturb sign" on the door. When I spoke to the general manager I was told that the housekeeping staff had no way of knowing the room was occupied. Which means this hotel is so poorly managed that they don't know what rooms are occupied or that the manager was not telling the truth. Room was poorly lit, carpet stained, and the vent fan in the bathroom did not work and in need of thorough cleaning. I travel to this area a couple of times a year and will not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2011

Good day and thank you for your post. Responding to your comments, I offer the following: 1) Yes, we are located in a distribution (not industrial) area. However, I'm at a loss as to what you mean by "questionable character?" This is a safe area with hard working people. We have the pleasure to be of service to those conducting business nearby as well as many leisure travelers .2) I recall speaking to you about the 8 a.m. knock on your door. Certainly, we know if a room is rented but, not physically occupied at any given moment. If a guest does not want not to be disturbed they need only to place the 'Do Not Disturb" sign on the door and their wishes will be respected. 3) Last, all our suites have recently been deep cleaned and are fresh and our exhaust fans are on a timer to ensure optimum guest comfort.

I will not respond to your personal comments as to my poor management of our award winning facility or not being truthful as it goes to my character and lifes work and not appropriate in this forum. Again, thank you for your post as constructive comments help us provide better service to future guests.

Bill Flor, GM

Reviewed 11 November 2011

Stayed here for the second time prior to a cruise..The suites are large and clean and the beds comfy. The free internet is a bonus..Great morning breakfast and endless coffee!! The staff are all wonderfull!!

I will certainly stay here again...Also very close to shopping center with a super walmart for supplies prior to sailing!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank bestbaby1
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2011

Good day bestbabyone! It was great to have you as our honored guest once again. Thank you for your comments. Please come back as the local Walmart has budgeted for a monthly visit from you. My Best...Bill.

Reviewed 27 October 2011

We stayed at this hotel on our journey to Sarasota and we were more than pleased with the accomodations. The presentation of the hotel was excellent and the front desk staff couldn't have been more polite and helpful. Will definitely stay at this location on our next trip. The room was spotless and the beds were very comfortable. The breakfast was hot, plentiful and delicious. We even had the staff serving us which we knew was certainly not part of there job but they have a great staff.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2011

Thank you karenpat2! I'll let the staff know how pleased you were with your stay. It was great to have you as our valued guest and it was a pleasure to have spoken with you on check out.

Bill Flor, GM