“Very nice hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #75 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Aliquippa, Pennsylvania
“Very nice hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2012

I stayed at this hotel from 5/19/12-5/20/12 with my boyfriend and his parents on our way to Orlando, FL. This hotel was nice and very clean. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful and make sure that our stay was as comfortable as possible. For a hotel just to stay one night at while passing through, we were very happy with this one. We also got an excellent rate using the Choice Hotel Rewards program as well as the AAA discount, making this even a better experience. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone passing through Jacksonville looking for a nice, clean, comfortable place to stay. I cannot comment on any local attractions because we did not visit the area, but I was pleased with the hotel stay.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, 29 May 2012
Hello Laura R...Thank you for taking the time to post a positive response! I will certainly let the staff know of your comments. It was our pleasure to be of service...

Bill Flor, GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Riverview, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

I stayed at this hotel on 9/23/11-9/25/11 with my family and experienced the most horrendous situation I have ever have in my life. We checked in on a Friday night, very tired and exhausted with 3 children. We put our things down, showered and went straight to bed. As soon as we laid down we smelled a STRONG stench of urine in the bed. We sniffed around and discovered a HUGE wet circle of urine in the midde of the bed. Someone wet the top of the bed and we laid in their urine! I called downstairs in a fit of rage and was told by the staff on duty that he would let someone know and offered to move our room. He was very non-chalant as it werent a big deal which further angered me. The next morning the manager shows up and she is just as non-chalant, offered no aplogies and went on to tell me that "they moved my room" as if that will satifsy the fact that me and my children laid in someone else's urine. No apologies, no sense of disgust or outrage from her AT ALL. This experience has forever scarred me and I am very afraid of sleeping in hotel beds as a result. I can not believe it took me so long to write this but I felt nothing would be done but I tell you one thing, I will NEVER forget that as long as I live and I will NEVER stay at this hotel EVER. No one from management called after the stay and they even charged us full price for the stay.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank NSHAWNY
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, 21 March 2012
Needless to say, I am shocked! As you can see from past reviews this is certainly not what we are all about. A property does not reach #6 of 132 hotels in Jacksonville on TripAdvisor by operating in such a manner.
I have been at this property as GM for well over a year and have never heard of such a complaint and believe me this is something that would have been brought to my attention. I would like to mention that we do not have a female manager as I hold that position.
If you are ever back in the area please see me and I will personally ensure a 100% satisfactory stay.

Thank you...Bill Flor GM
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

Loved this place. Called us in early evening to ask if needed anything. Gave us prepared written directions to 3 closest recommended restaurants. Beautiful bathroom. Good breakfast. Sidewalks all around so could walk and run for morning exercise. Felt perfectly safe walking outside. Could see at check in that management was responsive to previous trip advisor minor concerns. Good AAA discount. Extremely good value.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Treehugger14625
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, 3 March 2012
Hello Tree Huggar...and thank you for your positive review. I'll certainly make sure your comments are shared with the staff. Happy travels....Bill & Staff
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2012

Hotel staff always helpful and always nice. Would stay here again and again if in the area.

Room Tip: our room was near the elevator but didn't really hear the noise from the elevator.
1 Thank oceanwinds
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, 9 February 2012
Good day oceanwinds...Thank you for your feedback and please do come by and see us again when in the area.

My Best,

Perry, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2012

In my 28 yrs active duty and 8 years teaching AFJROTC I have never had the pleasure of staying in such a well managed, well ran, clean, efficient, friendly, with professional and genuine hospitality in all my travels. If you are ever in the Jax area and need a place to stay for you, your family, or business org -- staying here is must! The breakfast featured the normal cereals, rolls, bagels, etc but their buffet included real scrambled eggs. I had 4 adults and 31 high school kids traveling with me and every one agreed with me it was the best place we/they had stayed. The staff could not have been more organized or helpful. Check in for that many people took less than 5 minutes. They put us all on the same floor which meant chaperoning was a snap. I left my cell phone recharger in the room. The next mailing day it was in the mail along with a students who also forgot his. If I sound over enthusiastic about this Comfort Inn I don't mean to be. I want to sound as the write up suggest -- overwhelmed! The GM , Mr. Bill Flor, showed for breakfast to introduce himself and thank us for using his Comfort Inn. That too is a first!
Enough of my rambling.....STAY HERE! NUFF SAID!

Room Tip: They are all good!
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, 18 January 2012
Thank you, colonel, for your extensive review. It was indeed our pleasure to be of service to your group of fine men and women who aspire to serve our country. We look forward to next year!

Langhorne, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2012

This was the perfect vacation topped off with excellent lodging in a spacious room, fantastic service and a great, hot breakfast each morning. The general manager and the hotel staff were always available and very helpful ~ all went that extra mile to ensure our stay was a pleasant one! Free internet service with the computer located in the lobby was a plus, since we do not have a laptop! Located close to downtown Jacksonville with a quick drive to the football stadium ~ we got to see two great games! If you are traveling to Jacksonville, this is the place to stay. Located right off of I-295, the trip to and from the airport was a breeze. When I return to Jacksonville, this will be my home away from home!!!!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, 26 January 2012
Thank you for your valuable feedback! I have shared your comments with all the staff and they are very pleased you took the time to recongize their efforts. Hope to see you again soon!

Anderson, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2012

This is a great value for the business traveller. An excellent location from which to access greater Jacksonville yet far enough from the downtown area to remain affordable and quiet. The rooms are newly furnished, clean and spacious. Great bed and shower. Staff is friendly and helpful. AND... there were real eggs for breakfast, not the yellow disc things. This will be my chosen hotel in Jacksonville from now on.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, 16 January 2012
Thank you for your feedback. It was certainly our pleasure to be of service and well worth while getting up early to chase those chickens down for real eggs!