“Don't stay in the Couples/Hot Tub Suite”

Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295
Ranked #74 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Melrose
“Don't stay in the Couples/Hot Tub Suite”
Reviewed 12 July 2013

My Husband and I traveled to Jacksonville for a romantic evening and late check out for a night's get away. The hot tub in the room would only work for about 2 minutes then quit then start about 5 minutes later, then quit after 2 minutes or less over and over. When I tried to call the front desk from the room, it just rang and rang (I tried 3 times). Finally called on my cell phone. Don't know if this was ever fixed, because we left. When I complained about the hot tub, the front desk called their maintenance man who said it was a temp control on the motor and they would look at it the next morning. It says right in the room that if something is not right, let them know and they will fix it right away. They did not do this. They did not offer me another room. NOTHING. Even though I did not spend the night, but drove home instead, they would not return my points until I filed a formal complaint. I believed I deserved more after spending the gas to go up for NOTHING!

Room Tip: Make sure everything works before settling in. Our closet doors would not shut and were very near t...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Brenda M
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
As the GM I appreciate your feed back pertaining to your stay with us. I do apologize for your inconvenience and issues. Please call me if your travels bring you to the city again and I will personally ensure your satisfaction.

Cordially,

Bill Flor, GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 31 May 2013

We had a great experience from the time we walked in the door to our check out. Every staff member was helpful, professional and seemed to enjoyed working here. Our front desk attendant called the room after about 15 minutes to ensure everything was acceptable in the room and asked if we needed anything. Breakfast was excellent, all items was fresh and presentation was pleasing to our visual appetite. The manager was helpful in directing us toward our next destination.

Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, 1 June 2013
Hello Rick...That's what I'm talkin' about! We strive for 100/100 and I am pleased we accomplished it for you! I'll let the staff know and thank you for your feed back.

Bill, GM
Plantation, Florida
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Stayed here for two nights on a business trip. Room was of average appearance with dated furniture and mattress/pillows. Upon entrance to lobby you are greeted by a friendly associate and are directed to the elevator if you are on floors 2,3 or 4. The elevator is very slow and small in size. Upon exiting the elevator on the 4th floor, I noticed a dehumidifier in the hallway. It makes one wonder if the mgt. is taking shortcuts with the HVAC system in using the dehumidifier(s).

Entrance into the room reveals a clean and tidy appearance, but it can be deceiving. Take a look at the photos and you will find some issues with dirt/dust build up in corners, especially in the restroom between the toilet and the wash basin. The toilet was clean as was the sink/tub. Take a look at the photos of the wall mounted HVAC system. You will see the air filters are very dirty as was HVAC unit itself. I took the cover and filters off/out and cleaned them in the bathtub. You can see the difference in the photos. In my opinion, if the hotel mgt. does not keep the HVAC system clean, what other shortcuts are being taken in regards to cleanliness?

On the two nights I tried to access the internet using the in house Wi-Fi I was unable to do so. I was able to connect to the router, but the log-in screen never popped up. I was able to use the hard wired Cat-5 cable next to the desk to access the internet.

The mattress was not very supportive and the pillows need to be replaced soon. The chair cushion at the desk was also compressed and did not offer support. If you intend to use the desk for work, beware of the amount of space. Your laptop/paperwork will compete with the lamp, phone and coffee maker. They do supply an iron/iron board and I did have to clean the iron as the iron had water left in it and the sole plate had white particulates around the steam holes. The room also offers a microwave and small refrig.

I did not eat breakfast but did notice that the hotel supplied USA Today in the lobby. For a hotel in the caliber of ChoiceHotels, I found this franchise to be on par with others around the country.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Peyton B
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, 25 May 2013
Mr. B...Thank you for your review of my hotel. I am pleased that your found our staff friendly and suites clean and tidy. We constantly receive praise on these two aspects of our award winning operation.

I will speak with engineering pertaining to the A/C comment to ensure proper maintenance. The dehumidifiers are placed in the hallways to work in concert with the central and unit A/C's to create a pleasant atmosphere for our honored guests as this is Florida and the nature of our tropical weather. I have recently invested money to make sure our wireless is of the highest caliber and am at a loss as to why it did not work properly for you - this I will check on.

I am sorry you missed our complimentary full hot breakfast buffet as our guests rate it 100/100 for variety, quality of food, service and cleanliness.

Again, thank you for your comments...

GM
Brookeville, Maryland
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Our daughter was graduating from Jacksonville University the weekend of May 3, 4 and 5, 2013. We had an awesome experience. The front desk associate/manager (Alicia) was extremely friendly, polite and helpful. She went out of her way to make sure we were happy. The rooms were clean and comfortable, as well as the rest of the hotel. Also - my elderly parents were with us for this visit. The covered, handicap accessible parking garage was perfect for us, especially because it rained solidly two of the three days we were there. They also had a pleasant experience. We would stay here again. Thank you very much!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, 22 May 2013
Hello Jesse...and thank you for your review! We are pleased your stay with us was satisfactory and certainly look forward to your return the next time you are in Jax.

Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed 11 April 2013

We stayed here on the nights of April 8 and 9, 2013 and have nothing negative to say. The hotel, even though older, was very well maintained, everything was clean and working, the employees very considerate and helpful. This is clearly a well managed hotel and I saw the Manager diligently check out the breakfast area and converse with guests. We would stay here again when coming back to Jacksonville.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TaiTam1
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, 12 April 2013
Thanks TaiTam1...For your positive post. Hope to see you again!

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Stayed here for two nights while going to the Gator Nationals in Gainesville. Hotel was very clean as well as the room. Breakfast in the morning was very good with all the usually Choice Hotel foods. Staff at the hotel was always friendly and helpful. If I was in the area again I would stay here.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, 20 March 2013
Thanks PHATPAT is was our pleasure to be of service!

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 12 March 2013 via mobile

Spend one night here while traveling. The hotel was fine. Quiet, convenient location, and clean. The front desk people, morning and night will speak to you as if you are a child. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, 14 March 2013
Good day...Thank you for your feedback. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you to Jax.