“Highly recommend” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #74 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Boston
“Highly recommend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

My daughter And I stayed here while we visited NFU. We received an amazing $60 night rate. The school listed it on their website, and I called the hotel directly, and received it. I thought it was a huge bargain.

Room wax great, super comfy king size bed, sofa area and flat screen that swiveled between the two. Good wifi, too, my daughter caught up on homework and Hulu. We had no idea where we were, but it was easy to find and about ten minutes away from the shool.

Breakfast was great, enjoyed the waffles and hard to find non meat protein hard boiled eggs. Two kinds of coffee, all delicious. Kind desk clerk helped us with printer.

Hope to return!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Good day...and thank you for your very positive comments on our hotel. I will share them with my hard working staff along with a job well done!!

Bill
GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

Great hotel. nice and clean. stay here. i sa many people on the meeting room, looks like this place is in a good area to do bussines or they are many companies close that use this hotel for conferences. the room is very clean and the bathroom, the bed is very comfortable. Good tv but a little small could be better a 42"

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Good day Mr. W....and thankyou for your post pertaining to your recent stay at our property. We appreciate the positive feed back. I will relay to all staff a job well done!

Regards,

Bill, GM
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

Definitely a great hotel. No issues there.

But......that one clerk when we checked in refused to check us in because reservation was in my nickname and my credit card was in my full name.
That could cause confusion. But that wasnt the worse part. we asked to talk to the manager and she said they weren't available and just completely refused to call them. i couldnt believe it. What are managers there for?

I would stay again if i dont see her.

Ps when you say full hot breakfast. Sausage egg patties and waffles doesnt really do it justice.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Veemal P
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Thank you for your post and excellent rating! So potential guests are not confused, we offer a full hot breakfast buffet well past what the brand requires - 3 coffees, 3 fresh fruits, 3 cereals, 3 flavors of yogurt, hard boiled eggs, muffins, 3 types of donuts, 3 breads, hot egg & breakfast meat, 2 types of Belgium waffles, 3 juices and all the appropriate condiments. Past guest rate the breakfast 9.6!

My Best,

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

We needed a place convenient to the interstate and for a business meeting. This hotel was perfect, very nice and clean and safe. The roomand beds were comfortable and quiet. We had an excellent experience.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Good day Singinglori...thank you for your very positive review which I will relay to the staff. We hope to see you in the future when your travels bring you back to Jax.

Regards,

Melrose
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

My Husband and I traveled to Jacksonville for a romantic evening and late check out for a night's get away. The hot tub in the room would only work for about 2 minutes then quit then start about 5 minutes later, then quit after 2 minutes or less over and over. When I tried to call the front desk from the room, it just rang and rang (I tried 3 times). Finally called on my cell phone. Don't know if this was ever fixed, because we left. When I complained about the hot tub, the front desk called their maintenance man who said it was a temp control on the motor and they would look at it the next morning. It says right in the room that if something is not right, let them know and they will fix it right away. They did not do this. They did not offer me another room. NOTHING. Even though I did not spend the night, but drove home instead, they would not return my points until I filed a formal complaint. I believed I deserved more after spending the gas to go up for NOTHING!

Room Tip: Make sure everything works before settling in. Our closet doors would not shut and were very near t...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Brenda M
As the GM I appreciate your feed back pertaining to your stay with us. I do apologize for your inconvenience and issues. Please call me if your travels bring you to the city again and I will personally ensure your satisfaction.

Cordially,

Memphis, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

We had a great experience from the time we walked in the door to our check out. Every staff member was helpful, professional and seemed to enjoyed working here. Our front desk attendant called the room after about 15 minutes to ensure everything was acceptable in the room and asked if we needed anything. Breakfast was excellent, all items was fresh and presentation was pleasing to our visual appetite. The manager was helpful in directing us toward our next destination.

Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, 1 June 2013
Hello Rick...That's what I'm talkin' about! We strive for 100/100 and I am pleased we accomplished it for you! I'll let the staff know and thank you for your feed back.

Bill, GM
Plantation, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013

Stayed here for two nights on a business trip. Room was of average appearance with dated furniture and mattress/pillows. Upon entrance to lobby you are greeted by a friendly associate and are directed to the elevator if you are on floors 2,3 or 4. The elevator is very slow and small in size. Upon exiting the elevator on the 4th floor, I noticed a dehumidifier in the hallway. It makes one wonder if the mgt. is taking shortcuts with the HVAC system in using the dehumidifier(s).

Entrance into the room reveals a clean and tidy appearance, but it can be deceiving. Take a look at the photos and you will find some issues with dirt/dust build up in corners, especially in the restroom between the toilet and the wash basin. The toilet was clean as was the sink/tub. Take a look at the photos of the wall mounted HVAC system. You will see the air filters are very dirty as was HVAC unit itself. I took the cover and filters off/out and cleaned them in the bathtub. You can see the difference in the photos. In my opinion, if the hotel mgt. does not keep the HVAC system clean, what other shortcuts are being taken in regards to cleanliness?

On the two nights I tried to access the internet using the in house Wi-Fi I was unable to do so. I was able to connect to the router, but the log-in screen never popped up. I was able to use the hard wired Cat-5 cable next to the desk to access the internet.

The mattress was not very supportive and the pillows need to be replaced soon. The chair cushion at the desk was also compressed and did not offer support. If you intend to use the desk for work, beware of the amount of space. Your laptop/paperwork will compete with the lamp, phone and coffee maker. They do supply an iron/iron board and I did have to clean the iron as the iron had water left in it and the sole plate had white particulates around the steam holes. The room also offers a microwave and small refrig.

I did not eat breakfast but did notice that the hotel supplied USA Today in the lobby. For a hotel in the caliber of ChoiceHotels, I found this franchise to be on par with others around the country.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Peyton B
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, 25 May 2013
Mr. B...Thank you for your review of my hotel. I am pleased that your found our staff friendly and suites clean and tidy. We constantly receive praise on these two aspects of our award winning operation.

I will speak with engineering pertaining to the A/C comment to ensure proper maintenance. The dehumidifiers are placed in the hallways to work in concert with the central and unit A/C's to create a pleasant atmosphere for our honored guests as this is Florida and the nature of our tropical weather. I have recently invested money to make sure our wireless is of the highest caliber and am at a loss as to why it did not work properly for you - this I will check on.

I am sorry you missed our complimentary full hot breakfast buffet as our guests rate it 100/100 for variety, quality of food, service and cleanliness.

Again, thank you for your comments...

My Best,