We stayed at this hotel on Saturday night 14 Dec 2013 on our way to Sanibel Island for a week. We were placed in room 206. All was well and we were well rested for the next days drive to Sanibel.
We decided we'd stay there again on the night of 21 Dec 2013 on our way home. This is when the issues started. We were assigned room 202 this time. While resting up for awhile before going to dinner we heard frequent loud talking in the hallway. Really didn't pay much attention - just figured it was new quests arriving. When we returned from dinner we noticed a group of 10 or so young people loitering in the parking lot drinking from red solo cups and obviously smoking weed. I mentioned it the desk clerk and she said she would keep an eye on it. She was a very nice young lady but she was the only employee present.
When we got to our room the noise coming from the room next to us was very loud. It was obvious at this point there was a party going on. I went back downstairs and told the young lady at the desk. She pointed to a sign on the desk that said any quests having parties who be asked to leave. She said she would take care of it.
About 30 minutes later a lone police officer pulled up. When he did the parking lot party started scattering. Those in the parking lot obviously alerted the room party and they started scattering also. About that time another officer arrived to assist.
After a long conversation with the people who rented the party room they packed up and left. the officers remained until everything cleared.
Also room 202's carpet was so dirty that when I took a shower black dirt would appear when I stepped in the shower. Very nasty to say the least.
Don't think we'll be staying here again!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern all suites AAA three diamond rated property. Complimentary full extensive hot buffet breakfast daily. All suites contain either one king or two queen Sealy upgraded bedding along with a sitting area with a couch that is a queen sleeper sofa. Other suite amenties are: microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker, premium television channels and much more. Complimentary wireless internet throughout and also hard wired in the suites. Sparkling swimming pool. Nearby all Jacksonville attractions/venues.Conveniently located off I - two ninety five exit #twenty two with I - ten and I - ninety five close by. Many restaurants nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Choice Hotels, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Jacksonville i-295 Hotel Jacksonville
- Jacksonville Comfort Suites