“Overnight stay enroute” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295

Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295
Ranked #72 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Longs, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2013

We stayed at this hotel on Saturday night 14 Dec 2013 on our way to Sanibel Island for a week. We were placed in room 206. All was well and we were well rested for the next days drive to Sanibel.

We decided we'd stay there again on the night of 21 Dec 2013 on our way home. This is when the issues started. We were assigned room 202 this time. While resting up for awhile before going to dinner we heard frequent loud talking in the hallway. Really didn't pay much attention - just figured it was new quests arriving. When we returned from dinner we noticed a group of 10 or so young people loitering in the parking lot drinking from red solo cups and obviously smoking weed. I mentioned it the desk clerk and she said she would keep an eye on it. She was a very nice young lady but she was the only employee present.

When we got to our room the noise coming from the room next to us was very loud. It was obvious at this point there was a party going on. I went back downstairs and told the young lady at the desk. She pointed to a sign on the desk that said any quests having parties who be asked to leave. She said she would take care of it.

About 30 minutes later a lone police officer pulled up. When he did the parking lot party started scattering. Those in the parking lot obviously alerted the room party and they started scattering also. About that time another officer arrived to assist.

After a long conversation with the people who rented the party room they packed up and left. the officers remained until everything cleared.

Also room 202's carpet was so dirty that when I took a shower black dirt would appear when I stepped in the shower. Very nasty to say the least.

Don't think we'll be staying here again!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, 26 December 2013
Good day...and thank you for your response as it pertains to your stay with our hotel. We take great care to ensure a pleasant experience for all of our over 25,000 guests annually.

One of the many ways to accomplish the above is a strict policy of no parties or social gatherings as you observed detailed on a flyer at the front desk. We are able to prevent 99.9% however, a very small number 'slip through' as in the case you detailed in your post. A 'parent' rented the room and indicated one person would be occupying. When the front desk associate determined this was not the case and a party was in the making, she called the police who immediately arrived to stop the occurance. We appreciate your recognition of our rapid and successful response to rectify this situation.

We will remain diligent in our continuous efforts toward 100% guest satisfaction...

Cordially,
Bill, GM
Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

My daughter And I stayed here while we visited NFU. We received an amazing $60 night rate. The school listed it on their website, and I called the hotel directly, and received it. I thought it was a huge bargain.

Room wax great, super comfy king size bed, sofa area and flat screen that swiveled between the two. Good wifi, too, my daughter caught up on homework and Hulu. We had no idea where we were, but it was easy to find and about ten minutes away from the shool.

Breakfast was great, enjoyed the waffles and hard to find non meat protein hard boiled eggs. Two kinds of coffee, all delicious. Kind desk clerk helped us with printer.

Hope to return!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Good day...and thank you for your very positive comments on our hotel. I will share them with my hard working staff along with a job well done!!

Bill
GM
Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

Great hotel. nice and clean. stay here. i sa many people on the meeting room, looks like this place is in a good area to do bussines or they are many companies close that use this hotel for conferences. the room is very clean and the bathroom, the bed is very comfortable. Good tv but a little small could be better a 42"

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Good day Mr. W....and thankyou for your post pertaining to your recent stay at our property. We appreciate the positive feed back. I will relay to all staff a job well done!

Regards,

Bill, GM
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

Definitely a great hotel. No issues there.

But......that one clerk when we checked in refused to check us in because reservation was in my nickname and my credit card was in my full name.
That could cause confusion. But that wasnt the worse part. we asked to talk to the manager and she said they weren't available and just completely refused to call them. i couldnt believe it. What are managers there for?

I would stay again if i dont see her.

Ps when you say full hot breakfast. Sausage egg patties and waffles doesnt really do it justice.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Veemal P
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Thank you for your post and excellent rating! So potential guests are not confused, we offer a full hot breakfast buffet well past what the brand requires - 3 coffees, 3 fresh fruits, 3 cereals, 3 flavors of yogurt, hard boiled eggs, muffins, 3 types of donuts, 3 breads, hot egg & breakfast meat, 2 types of Belgium waffles, 3 juices and all the appropriate condiments. Past guest rate the breakfast 9.6!

My Best,

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

We needed a place convenient to the interstate and for a business meeting. This hotel was perfect, very nice and clean and safe. The roomand beds were comfortable and quiet. We had an excellent experience.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Good day Singinglori...thank you for your very positive review which I will relay to the staff. We hope to see you in the future when your travels bring you back to Jax.

Regards,

Melrose
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

My Husband and I traveled to Jacksonville for a romantic evening and late check out for a night's get away. The hot tub in the room would only work for about 2 minutes then quit then start about 5 minutes later, then quit after 2 minutes or less over and over. When I tried to call the front desk from the room, it just rang and rang (I tried 3 times). Finally called on my cell phone. Don't know if this was ever fixed, because we left. When I complained about the hot tub, the front desk called their maintenance man who said it was a temp control on the motor and they would look at it the next morning. It says right in the room that if something is not right, let them know and they will fix it right away. They did not do this. They did not offer me another room. NOTHING. Even though I did not spend the night, but drove home instead, they would not return my points until I filed a formal complaint. I believed I deserved more after spending the gas to go up for NOTHING!

Room Tip: Make sure everything works before settling in. Our closet doors would not shut and were very near t...