“Nice 1 night stay !!!”

Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295
Ranked #75 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I didn't stay here to long. Just for one night. It was a nice room and they had a complimentary breakfast. So overall not bad for the price! It seem like a nice family hotel. If you are in the mood for BBQ there seems to be a few in the area.

Room Tip: Its sort of far from everything and not much around that section.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

God day and thank you for your post. We appreciate the compliments and I will relay to staff a job well done!

My Best,

Reviewed 12 March 2014

had trouble checking in. That should of been our warning. We had a reservation and an agreed to price. Then, after checking our bank statement a few days later we see a charge we never agreed to. The hotel finally admitted the mistake and removed the extra charge but what if we did not look at our CC and then dispute the charge? So if you stay here, check you Cc days after. You may get charges never agreed to like we did.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RedTraveler23
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Thank you for your response. I do apologize for the posting error on your credit card. Mistakes do happen on rare occasions and are surely unintentional.

Since your post did not mention any other issues, I am at a loss to your marks on our accommodations, cleanliness, service and sleep quality. Monthly surveys from past guests average 9.5 or higher on all those catagories based on a scale of 10.

Saying this, I again apologize for your issues and wish you pleasant travels.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Pulling in we quickly spotted a parking problem. The parking for the hotel is small. So small that the parking lot next door at the Wendy’s fast food place is posted for overflow at the hotel. Also the handicap parking is a joke. 4 spaces are reserved for handicap and all are under the building, in a garage area. It would be nice if it was not for the concrete poles placed in the parking lot making it very hard for a disabled person to get in and out of a car. And then they have to walk all around to the front of the building to get in.

One could tell this hotel has had problems. At the front desk there are signs saying NO PARTIES. Any parties and you will be evicted. Then in the room there were two signs saying all items are inventoried in the room and you will be charged, after you leave, if any item is missing. That is one reason why this hotel accepts NO CASH or pre-paid debit cards to pay your bill. This way they have a credit or bank card on file to charge you after you leave.

One more thing we learned. Imagine booking a suite with a hot tub. Only when you go to check in, they advise you the hot tubs in the room do not work. Then they mention the rate you were quoted, on line, is what they have to charge. They can only change the rate if you called and booked through the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank rest_stop_11
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Good day and thank you for your review. I do apologize for the parking issue you experienced. Typically, we have ample parking in our lot and have secured the front row of Wendy's adjacent to the property as overflow for those rare times it may be needed. The handicapped parking is a bit tight but, it is as the hotel was designed.

To say the hotel has problems is inaccurate. In fact, we service over 25,000 guests yearly and have not had any problems in the three years I have been the general manager. Our policies of no cash, no pre paid debit cards and no parties have been extremely effective in creating a safe and pleasant atmosphere for our honored guests. This is why we have been designated an 'exceptional' property for Choice Hotels and receive very high marks on surveys from past guests.

My Best,

Reviewed 17 February 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
4  Thank Everett P
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Reviewed 25 December 2013

We stayed at this hotel on Saturday night 14 Dec 2013 on our way to Sanibel Island for a week. We were placed in room 206. All was well and we were well rested for the next days drive to Sanibel.

We decided we'd stay there again on the night of 21 Dec 2013 on our way home. This is when the issues started. We were assigned room 202 this time. While resting up for awhile before going to dinner we heard frequent loud talking in the hallway. Really didn't pay much attention - just figured it was new quests arriving. When we returned from dinner we noticed a group of 10 or so young people loitering in the parking lot drinking from red solo cups and obviously smoking weed. I mentioned it the desk clerk and she said she would keep an eye on it. She was a very nice young lady but she was the only employee present.

When we got to our room the noise coming from the room next to us was very loud. It was obvious at this point there was a party going on. I went back downstairs and told the young lady at the desk. She pointed to a sign on the desk that said any quests having parties who be asked to leave. She said she would take care of it.

About 30 minutes later a lone police officer pulled up. When he did the parking lot party started scattering. Those in the parking lot obviously alerted the room party and they started scattering also. About that time another officer arrived to assist.

After a long conversation with the people who rented the party room they packed up and left. the officers remained until everything cleared.

Also room 202's carpet was so dirty that when I took a shower black dirt would appear when I stepped in the shower. Very nasty to say the least.

Don't think we'll be staying here again!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2013

Good day...and thank you for your response as it pertains to your stay with our hotel. We take great care to ensure a pleasant experience for all of our over 25,000 guests annually.

One of the many ways to accomplish the above is a strict policy of no parties or social gatherings as you observed detailed on a flyer at the front desk. We are able to prevent 99.9% however, a very small number 'slip through' as in the case you detailed in your post. A 'parent' rented the room and indicated one person would be occupying. When the front desk associate determined this was not the case and a party was in the making, she called the police who immediately arrived to stop the occurance. We appreciate your recognition of our rapid and successful response to rectify this situation.

We will remain diligent in our continuous efforts toward 100% guest satisfaction...

Cordially,

Reviewed 3 November 2013

My daughter And I stayed here while we visited NFU. We received an amazing $60 night rate. The school listed it on their website, and I called the hotel directly, and received it. I thought it was a huge bargain.

Room wax great, super comfy king size bed, sofa area and flat screen that swiveled between the two. Good wifi, too, my daughter caught up on homework and Hulu. We had no idea where we were, but it was easy to find and about ten minutes away from the shool.

Breakfast was great, enjoyed the waffles and hard to find non meat protein hard boiled eggs. Two kinds of coffee, all delicious. Kind desk clerk helped us with printer.

Hope to return!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Good day...and thank you for your very positive comments on our hotel. I will share them with my hard working staff along with a job well done!!

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Great hotel. nice and clean. stay here. i sa many people on the meeting room, looks like this place is in a good area to do bussines or they are many companies close that use this hotel for conferences. the room is very clean and the bathroom, the bed is very comfortable. Good tv but a little small could be better a 42"

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Good day Mr. W....and thankyou for your post pertaining to your recent stay at our property. We appreciate the positive feed back. I will relay to all staff a job well done!

Regards,