“Good but...hmmm”

Ranked #74 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Brunswick, Georgia
“Good but...hmmm”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

There were a few things about this stay that stuck out. Front desk attendant who checked me in also checked me out. Working your employees on turnarounds of 8 hrs or less limits their productivity. He was great but I know from personal experience that working a turn around like that can be an occupational hazard as well as a detriment to your health. Give the guy a decent schedule.
Also...and this is just me being picky because im a hospitality industry professional...but what was up with the pool. Why have an outdoor pool covered by a roof? Super weird.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank janetdominy
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Good day Janet...Thank you for being our guest and the four circle rating!

Happy travels...

GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Valdosta, Georgia
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed for two nights at this hotel while having tests at Mayo Clinic which is 30 minutes away. The front desk was extremely helpful in a couple of situations. Rooms are clean, comfortable and updated. Hotel was relatively quiet while close to Interstate. Breakfast adequate. Only problem we encountered was a very inadequate WiFi.

Room Tip: Stay away from Interstate side if possible.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MikeRSM
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Good day...Thank you for your feedback! We are pleased you found our desk staff helpful and our accommodations clean, comfortable, and updated. We have 'tweaked' the wi-fi access points and all are functioning well at this point.

We hope to see you again...

Shelbyville, Kentucky
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We stayed here for two weeks on business when my husband was part of a work crew. The hotel is very clean, starting in the lobby and going through to the rooms. The rooms are good sized with a king size bed with night tables, couch and coffee table, desk with a chair, refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker and an ironing board and iron. The room was well-lit and had a large window with black-out drapes. The AC was adequate to the size of the room and ran quietly and, the room itself was very quiet. During our entire stay, we did not hear any traffic noise or even anything from other guests. The bathroom was spacious and had the standard amenities: bar soap, shampoo, conditioner, hand/body lotion, and hair dryer. My husband did comment that he would have appreciated a larger channel selection for the standard size television. The bed was quite comfortable and even with my husband's bad knees and my bad back, afforded a decent night's sleep.
Breakfast was served in a dining area adjacent to the lobby and consisted of the standard uninspired hotel food offerings: pre-formed egg, waffle station, alternating bacon and sausage, three cereals, yogurt, coffee, milk and juice, and bagels, toast and pastries. Famous Amos cookies are available at the front desk in the evening.
I have three comments on the less than positive side. One, the location: the hotel is not close to shopping and dining opportunities so you have to drive a minimum of five to six miles to eat at a decent restaurant or shop (there is a Wendy's in the parking lot and a Burger King and Waffle House a few blocks away). Also the hotel is not in the safest part of Jacksonville - one of our nights there the police had to be called to Wendy's because there were two large groups of people who were screaming, fighting and throwing beer bottles at each other. Two, the "outdoor" pool is constantly in shade because it is under a concrete carport - on one side you park, the other you swim. If you don't smoke, DO NOT go to the pool area because, as it is a non-smoking hotel, all of the smokers gather to light up in the pool area and there are clouds of smoke fumes that the potential swimmer must walk through. A side note to the pool is that the exercise room is so small and the equipment is so crammed into it as to not feel comfortable at all and there is no hot tub. Three, the hotel advertises laundry on site. However, there is only one washer and dryer and the washer was broken the entire time we were there. Having operating laundry facilities really would have been helpful to the work team!
The staff were all friendly and helpful and appeared to be interested in our comfort but, if we had not been on the company's budget, we probably would not have stayed.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Good day...and thank you for your extensive review. We are pleased you awarded us with 4 out of 5 circles on cleanliness, service and sleep quality.

I must however relay that you are not accurate about our area not being safe. I have been at this property for going on four years and we have NEVER had any problems. I am a 38 year resident of Jacksonville and this area is one of the safest in town. A disagreement between some people (that may not have even been locals) at a next door restaurant does not make it a unsafe area.

Our future guests can be assured we take all measurers possible to create a safe and enjoyable atmosphere!

Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Camelita, the dining room attendant was by far the most attentive staff member I have seen in many many years. We travel for business and spend 1/2 our year in hotels. It was so refreshing to have someone that understood complete customer service.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Hello...Thank you for your review and perfect score! I have already mentioned your notice to Carmelita and she was thrilled to hear of your comments!

Hope to see you again...

Pawleys Island, South Carolina
Reviewed 19 July 2014

The room was clean and appeared newly redone. I would have liked a better tv channel selection. The breakfast was adequate. I would not call this an outstanding property but it was adequate enough for a nights stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Hello...And thank you for your feedback and especially our extremely CLEAN suites! We have done a complete new bedding top package to add to the comfort of our Sealy pillow top mattresses along with firm and soft pillows to ensure all a good nights sleep. New modern flat screen TV's have also been added to compliment the 99 channel selections with premium offerings.

Bill GM
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed in room #216. Bed & pillows were stellar. Very pleased with sitting area. Although T.V. could have been larger in comparison to the room, our stay was great. Also, had no problems with our service animal.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
billfl793, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville I-295, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Hello Steve B...and thank you for your review.We are pleased you enjoyed our CLEAN suite and comfy beds along with the staff service! Hopefully, the front desk guest service agent relayed to you about the four fast food establishments within one block and five full service restaurants about five minutes away.

We hope to see you again soon...

Rincon, Georgia
Reviewed 12 July 2014

When preparing to write this review, I was shocked by the pictures from the hotel's website. My room was far nicer than the ones pictured. (Recently remodeled?) The bathroom was very nice with solid surface vanity and nice fixtures. The room was very clean, the bed and linens were nice. The hotel staff was nice. Overall, I'd stay here again and bring my family. It is much, much nicer than the Comfort Suites at Baymeadows where I spent the next night. As I recall, this hotel was around five dollars more. The location unfortunately has fewer dining choices than other hotels. I'd rather drive a bit farther for dinner than stay anywhere else. It's a nice place to stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Steve B
Good day Jaimie...and thank you for being our guest most recently. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and I will relay to staff a job well done!