“Very nice spot”

Ranked #20 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Miami, Florida
“Very nice spot”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We attended a nephew's graduation May 30th, 2014, and selected this hotel by its location. It was great to see that it looked like its photos. It was clean, the staff was friendly, and although Courtyards have limited amenities, it had everything promised and was in good condition throughout the hotel. Right next store to Baptist hospital and a stones throw from a Starbucks, it was all we could ask for.

Room Tip: Pick a pool view.
Green Features: This resort had green practices in place. They offered you to save washign the towels by hanging them up
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Courtyard32258, Manager at Courtyard Jacksonville Flagler Center, responded to this review, 18 September 2015
Our management team has noticed that this review had no management response.
We would like to apologize for this happening. We are working to respond to all reviews now.

The Courtyard Management Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Central Florida, Florida
Reviewed 2 June 2014

The hotel has been refurbished so it looks nice. We did not care for breakfast /dining area. If we stay there again, we would eat elsewhere. It is located near the freeway and a grocery store and restaurants are a short drive away.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank nana444
Jennifer M, General Manager at Courtyard Jacksonville Flagler Center, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Hello,
Thank you for your recent review. I want to apologize that the Bistro was not up to your expectation. We are always striving to improve all of our services so we always appreciate any and all feedback. I do hope that you were able to enjoy the rest of your visit. Please let me know if there is anything I can do. We would love to have another opportunity to exceed your expectations on a future visit.

Jennifer Messing
jmessing@peachtreehotelgroup.com
Wisconsin
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Spent several days at the Marriott Courtyard at the Flagler Center. This hotel has been totally renovated and the rooms are very clean and nicely furnished. Staff is friendly and helpful. Breakfast items are available for purchase in the lobby Bistro as are food and beverages in the evening. Starbucks menu also available in the lobby bistro. We highly recommend!

Room Tip: Top floor limits noise.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank WiscMom

Ohio
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I've stayed in this Courtyard several times previously. This location is convenient to I-95 and to Jacksonville and St. Augustine. This trip I had business and leisure plans for both cities. The hotel just underwent a renovation and I was anxious to see the results. When I walked in to check in, I was greeted by many employees. It seems I hit there on the night that they were having a grand reopening, complete with a huge celebration party that night. They invited me to get my things settled and come back down for food, drink and prizes. I was excited since I was not eager to go back out for dinner. When I went back downstairs, I was greeted by an older man who was working in the food and bar area. He took me on a personal tour of the buffet and bar and went the extra mile to find things that would suit my taste since I do not eat meat. I found everything I needed for a light supper. He made sure I visited the bar area where they had wine, beer, water and margaritas. I had a great margarita with my food and he made sure I returned to the buffet to get some desserts. The theme of the night was beach party and they had lots of party favors and a raffle. They also were giving tours of the new features and that was a sort of scavenger hunt type contest. I went on the tour, filled out my contest card, and went back to my room. They did the drawing a bit later and I actually won a nice prize. They called my room to let me know I could pick up my prize at the desk. The rooms in this hotel have always been spacious, but I was given one of the larger rooms since I am a Marriott Gold member. The room was comfortable as usual, but the new furnishings make the rooms that much better. The sofa is curved and very comfy. I had lots of desk and counter space, complete with many plugs for charging my devices. I've always felt very at home at this hotel and I already have another night booked for next month.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 25 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here twice over the last week. Our first stay was awesome with a room on the 4th floor. The room was remodeled, clean, and the AC worked great. The staff was great both times. Our room on our second stay was not as nice. It was louder and found a dead roach in the room. The bathroom was much nicer on the 4th floor. My suggestion is to stay on the top floor.

The location is very convenient with access to 95 and 295.

Room Tip: Top floor away from the elevator. On lower floors you can hear the ambulances a little.
Green Features: The room information said there was a recycling receptacle but we did not find it.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Jennifer M, General Manager at Courtyard Jacksonville Flagler Center, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Hello,
Thank you for your review. I am happy you enjoyed your visit with us. I apologize that your second visit was not as nice and I will investigate the issues that you encountered. Thanks again for posting and hope to see you all next time in you're in Jacksonville!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Great hotel, new and modern. I was there for a week.
Overall the service and staff are excellent. The Hotel is clean, offers comfortable rooms, is well maintain and for a three star hotel I was treated well.
As far as the restaurant they need to improve the menu options. There was nothing appealing. No breakfast included. Location is far south of Jacksonville about 37 minutes from the JAX airport.
Bedrooms are equipped with plasma TVs, Internet is complimentary.
Gym is way too small, three people could not work out at the same time.
I think for a quick or brief stop this is a good option.

Great stay nonetheless. Will give it a try again if the opportunity comes along.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am very sorry you had such a disappointing time. We have been working to improve our bistro. I hope the next time you come to see us that you give it another try. I hope we can change your mind.

Also we are working to respond to all reviews now.

Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I checked in at 1am and checked out at 7am, so this was brief stay. My room was clean and comfortable. This hotel is conveniently located just off the highway. Compared to other Courtyard properties this is on par if not above average as it is a new property.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo