“Good Chinese food!”

Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Florida
“Good Chinese food!”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

My family had lunch at P.F. Chang's in May. It's located at the St. Johns Town Centre, so the area is upscale and well-maintained. The lunch menu is slightly less expensive and the portions are smaller, which suited us fine, as we have two small children.

The hostesses were average, at best. They're a little too hipster or are just trying too hard to look trendy. Fortunately, our waiter, Justin, was awesome. He was very attentive and even thanked us toward the end of our meal for being one of the first customers he's seen make an effort to keep a clean table/floor after kids have eaten.

We ordered spring rolls and lettuce wraps for our appetizers. As always, there were delicious. For my main dish, I ordered vegetable fried rice, and my kids each ordered a chicken fried rice kids meal. My husband ordered the ginger chicken, which he loved. The portions, even for lunch, were huge! We ended up taking a lot of the fried rice home and enjoyed it later.

Very happy with our experience and plan to go back sometime.

• Visited May 2014

Jacksonville, Florida
“price discrepancy?”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

This restaurant is located in the confines of a large outdoor "town center" style mall. We live in a condo within the mall and can walk to many of the upscale restaurants which we do about 4 times per week so we have gone to Chang's on several occasions.

The food and service are very good, the atmosphere is fine. Not a place for quiet dining as it is one large dining room with large tables dominating the center at which large, noisy, groups sit.

My disappointment is with the pricing at the bar compared to the other upscale restaurants, e.g. Capital Grille, Season's 52 in the same mall.

Our last visit, a single vodka (Stoli) on the rocks: $10.50, and a 187 ml "split" of sparkling champagne $13.50. It is our "usual", so we are well aware of the local prices and the high side is typically $8 and $10 respectively. Though a couple of bucks is not that big of a deal, my curiosity was piqued.

So we checked the menu and discovered that specific wine was listed at $11
and we were charged $13. This happened twice at least, based on saved credit card receipts so I don't think it is an aberration.

It makes one wonder if other items are similarly affected. Maybe the menu needs to be updated, or maybe the point of sale is needs to be synched with the menu.

And no, I did not bring it to their attention. I never complain at a restaurant because it just makes the disappointment more unpleasant and it is just a couple of dollars.

However, as mentioned, since there are several other venues with what I would consider better atmosphere practically next door, I see nothing about Chang's that would justify paying more. .

• Visited June 2014
Northern California
“So-So; didn't seem as good as other locations”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Have been there twice for lunch. It's better Chinese than is usually found in north Florida, but it didn't seem as good as PF Chang's in other cities we've tried. The service was fine, but some of the dishes appeared to be a little "off". The soups were fine; the salads were bitter. The sauces were stronger/heavier than I remembered with the chicken dishes. I prefer a lighter sauce with chicken or shrimp and while these were tasty, they were not excellent. Maybe it's just me, but the quality just didn't compare with the chain locations elsewhere. Not sure I'll return.

• Visited June 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
“Good but high sodium content!!!”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The food is delicious BUT very high sodium in most dishes. Very nice restaurant and the service was great. It can get quite loud when busy and a wait time of 30+ minutes. I would go again but at a slower time of day as mid afternoon.

Visited January 2014
St. Augustine, Florida
“Has gone downhill...”
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

We are at the Town Center every weekend eating at great restaurants. PF Changs was one of them YEARS ago - haven't been there in about 3 years now and boy it was bad. Not the food necessarily but the service!!! Clientele and wait staff