Holiday Inns are not usually my hotel of choice, but for the price and the fact that I could not find a room in the area at my favorite chain, I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel seems relatively new and is in an area of new apartments and condos. So promptly at 8 am, I heard the sounds of construction going on nearby. Which is fine, I was already up and getting ready for my day. Unlike Fairfields or other brands, breakast is not included in the price but they do have a restaurant and a bar. I didn't eat at the restaurant but it looked very nice.
I did find it odd when I checked in that the front staff didn't really give me any information about my stay or the hotel (i.e.,"the elevator is to your left", or "the fitness room is down this hall" or "this is the password for internet access"....things like that). She did welcome me with a smile and asked me how my day was going but that was about the extent of our interaction.
The bathroom was clean, with plenty of counter space for all my stuff. It had only a shower (no tub) and there was some rust on the outside edge of the shower pan which looked cracked. Towels were plentiful and of nice quality.
The bed was very comfortable and the pillows had large hang tags that indicated soft or firm which I thought was kind of funny because they felt the same to me! In any event, I got a great night's sleep while I was there.
Overall, I would recommend this Holiday Inn but I believe other brands have better value for the dollar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 98 room hotel is located in the Deerwood business district and is connvenient to shops and eateries at he St. Johns TownCenter and the Avenues shopping mall. In addition, the University of North Florida Campus, Mayo Clinic, and Florida Community college South Campus are all nearby. The Hotel is located off of State Road I-295 east beltway and this makes it convenient for the business traveler to get anywhere in the city quickly and easily. Our restaurant is open for breakfast and dinner, closed for lunch. There are more than 15 great restaurants to eat within a one mile drive of the hotel such as Carrabas, Outback, Sticky Fingers and many more. We provide free highspeed internet access and all rooms have a refrigerator/freezer and microwave. Relax, it's Holiday Inn... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Jacksonville E 295 Baymeadows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Jacksonville s-9a And Baymeadows
- Holiday Inn Jacksonville s-9a & Baymeadows Hotel Jacksonville