“Excellent Hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Atl
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I was impressed when I walked into this hotel. It was spotless and very nicely decorated. Upon check-in, I was given a warm friendly greeting and promptly checked in by Antonio. I was told everything there was to know about the hotel and its amenities, including breakfast and dinner hours at the hotel. My beds were very clean and comfortable, as was the spotless bathroom.
The location was great and close to everything including, the interstate, the beach, shopping and restaurants. I was definitely shocked at the excellent service and high quality of this hotel, especially for the price that I paid. I will definitely stay at this hotel again and refer my friends ad family.
Thanks for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Beverly D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Sanford, Florida
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I thought this hotel was terrific. It absolutely was spotless, and the staff was friendly. My room was very comfortable with a nice bed and small sofa. The bathroom looked brand new. It's a few side roads to get there from I-295 (even though it appears to sit right next to the highway), but I liked the location because it felt very safe. It is tucked into a quiet neighborhood of apartments and townhouses. There are no stores or restaurants within walking distance, but many are within minutes in a car. The front staff was very helpful. I did not visit the bar/restaurant while I was there, so I cannot comment on those. It was well worth the money.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Jennifer C
broxton, g
Reviewed 26 August 2013

This Holiday Inn must be fairly new. It was clean. Great rooms. The only quirk we had was at check-out, the hotel has just revarnished the front desk (no signage) and the desk clerk yelled at us to back up. Was not very professional. But, all in all a good place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Bartow, Florida
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We've stayed at this location probably 5+ times this year (2013) and aside from walking into a 'not ready for guests' room on our first visit, we've had excellent service and accommodations each time. Our most recent visit (8/9-8/11) was no exception. I Pricelined our room and got a great rate (much better than rack prices for a 1 or 2 star room). Prior to the day of our arrival I called the hotel and provided Antonio with a list of about 5 requests (king bed, top floor, no tub (shower only), and a room where the bathroom would be on the right as we entered the room). He DID it! We were in what will now be our favorite room (509) and will request it each time. (My 'logic' for the side the bathroom is on is due to my desire to be next to the a/c unit on my side of the bed - I like it cooler and hubby likes it warmer.) Again as each time before, our room was exactly what we requested, was VERY clean, comfortable and quiet! Antonio and Diane (I believe that was her name) were both very accommodating and engaging. They understand guest service and have made each of our stays just wonderful. We frequently stay in the Jacksonville (south) area (at least 1x a month) and this is by far our favorite! The tv has more channels than any of the others (Hamptons (3), Courtyard, Wingate, Sheraton, and LaQuinta) and this hotel also has a better refrigerator than any others we've tried. We need freezer space to refreeze our freezie packs to keep our insulin/medications cold while we travel and these small refrigerators have a separate freezer compartment (separate access door) - even better than Disney Vacation Club studios! Disney could learn from this! The only even remotely negative would be limited parking and finding the place the first time. Signs on Baymeadows Rd. pointing into Nurseryfields Rd. would be helpful, but there are probalby sign ordinances (very annoying) which prohibit useful signage (just guessing). We love this hotel...no real negatives and lots of positives!!!

Room Tip: You have an option of tubs or no tubs (shower only) rooms...specify when you book your room. If you...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank OfChorus
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Sits directly off the interstate yet from inside the hotel you cannot hear the traffic. Made for a peaceful night sleep. And our room faced the Interstate.

The only complaint we had was Comcast. Or should we say the TV reception in our room. There were channels we wanted to watch but kept getting error messages on our TV screen. We called the front desk and they said other guests have been having similar troubles for the last few days now. Comcast we were told blamed it on the weather or upgrades they were doing. The weather our stay was clear and the reception troubles were from when we checked in until the next morning when we checked out.

Other than that, the hotel is nice and clean. The fresh water in the morning was nice. We heard from another guest the hotel used to offer free coffee at check out where the two water dispensers were. One water had sliced limes while the other had sliced lemons. Coffee might have been better but this is the first hotel we stayed at that offered chilled water in cups at check out rather than coffee.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 July 2013 via mobile

This was the nicest Holiday Inn we have ever stayed in! Driving to south Florida we decided it was time to find a spot to stay. We rolled in at 1am. The staff was very nice. The hotel was great. The rooms were very clean and updated. Granite countertops and nice linens and pillows. We agreed that it was by far the best Holiday Inn so far.

• Stayed December 2012
Douglas, Georgia
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I got a very good price on three nights via Priceline express deals. This hotel seems to cater to business travelers. It is a nice hotel with a bar and breakfast/dinner restaurant. It is located close to the Town Center area with plenty of shopping, restaurants, bars, etc. There is a small pool area with Jacuzzi. Some reviews said it was hard to find, but my gps took me right to it in the day time. Might be more difficult at night. Service was great and is obviously a focus of management. My room was on the side facing the highway. There was some road noise, but it didn't interfere with sleep. Might be an issue for some. Be careful with the breakfast buffet (about $9); the potatoes and biscuits were inedible due to being stale. This was at 9 am on Sunday when the buffet was available until 10 am. Mentioned to the server but received no fresh items. There were lighter, healthy options as well as the traditional eggs, bacon, sausage, etc. On the last day, maid service did not replenish the in room coffee or the bathroom tissue. Not a huge problem since there were facial tissues in the room and coffee was available free in the lobby. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Might want to avoid the highway side, but I expect the great rate I got would not be available on th...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo