“AWESOME DEAL”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Atlanta, Georgia
“AWESOME DEAL”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

AWESOME deal, room, service. From beginning to the end the hotel stay was the best. I cant believe its listed as a 3 star, I believe a 4 star is more appropiate. Its new in the Jacksonville Baymeadows area. The chef delivers your meal and make sure its to your satisfaction. Everything was new or appeared new. Lovely, roomy space in a convenient location. And booked through Priceline at $40 a night for a $100 room.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Chillicothe, Ohio
Reviewed 5 January 2014

This Holiday Inn is off 295 , you can see it from 295 but it isn't real easy to get too but will be worth your extra time, we were treated very well, rooms were spotless, very quiet and had a great nights sleep, we liked it so much we stayed there again on the way back.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 2 January 2014

This hotel is awesome, and I highly recommend it to anyone, who's passing through Jacksonville, and needs a place to stay. The service was excellent!!! The King room was nice and a decent size. When I asked if I could be moved to a room that didn't fact the street, I was promptly moved into an even bigger room at no charge. This room was huge- it was the size of a suite at most hotels.The bed was very comfortable, and I slept well. The breakfast was delicious! The decor of the hotel is really nice. Overall, I enjoyed my stay here and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room that doesn't face the street to avoid the noise.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We were greeted very nicely by staff who without asking moved our room up two floors to get us away from a wedding party that was in the hotel that night. The rooms were new and clean and comfortable. Location is near to food and some shopping Price was much better than other hotels which did not receive as high ratings.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Greenville, North Carolina
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I am currently staying on the second floor. We are in the middle of a long drive, and are counting on a good night sleep. There is a terrible substantial rock music noise (we can hear the snare in particular). Neither my wife myself nor my 4 year old can sleep.

I called the operator to report it. She told me that the hotel is sponsoring a party for I believe "Sun Belt" and that it should shut down around 12:00. I told her that it is important that I get a good night of sleep, she told me that there was nothing they can do, they are booked and can't move me to a higher floor (I wouldn't want to move anyway).

I have never had this experience at a hotel before, this isn't a nightclub, and they won't even turn the music down.

I am on hold with Holiday Inn Customer Service, for some reason they are experiencing high call volumes at 10:30 on a Friday night, and I have been on hold for more then 10 minutes, with an estimated wait time of 'more than 10 minutes.'

I have always had great experiences at holiday inns before, see my previous reviews. This one is completely unreasonable.

Since I am up writing a review rather than sleeping: it is worth noting that the parking is terrible as well, maybe because they are overbooked, but I'd advise avoiding this one. Check in wasn't great either, they did have my keys waiting at the desk, but they had one person working check in and a line to the door...

The room itself is fine, very typical of holiday inns, clean and a firm bed (the way I like it). Still, I can't believe they won't do anything about the noise. I'm truly taken aback by being told to deal with it.

Room Tip: Avoid the hotel
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Jacksonville E 295 Baymeadows, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Dear fsu23phd,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. We understand that having a comfortable stay is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. We are sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the noise. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Ormond Beach, Florida
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I stayed at this Holiday Inn on an Employee Rate from another IHG property. I was happily surprised by the hospitality of the staff, Valerie who checked me in was so sweet and personable. She was even still there about 8 hours later to help me with a couple of requests that I had, which she handled quickly and with a smile! We didn't have too much time to experience their restaurant, but the bartender who was there covering a shift when we stopped for a couple drinks on our way out was extremely friendly as well (sorry to say I didn't get her name). Their guest rooms were very clean and well appointed (plenty of extras so we didn't need to request anything at all). The only snafu we had was one of the waiters covering the breakfast shift in the restaurant wasn't very nice or hospitable with a request my significant other had while ordering breakfast on Sunday morning, but that was one small snag on an otherwise great stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Toccoa, Georgia
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This was our second year staying at this property for the Georgia-Florida game week-end. Great rooms, great staff, next to an interstate with no noise. Good value. We will be back for year a third year. Great location to access most of what we do in Jacksonville that week-end!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends