“Exemplary Service. Home feel.”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville Deerwood Park
Ranked #6 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
“Exemplary Service. Home feel.”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

A1 for service. A1 for comfort and cleanliness. Arrived early for check-in and staff at reception desk made every effort to accommodate. When dual-bed room was unavailable, they offered us two adjacent rooms (second free of charge). The rooms were spacious suites, fully equipped and very clean. Someone staying for several days/weeks would feel just like home. Not the closest to the airport, but easy access and lots of restaurants close by. I am very impressed overall and will definitely be back.

Room Tip: We stayed on 4th floor, adjacent to parking area. Very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
StaybridgeJax, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville Deerwood Park, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Thanks so much for your kind review of our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Alpharetta, GA
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

Hotel Indigo screwed up, lost our reservation and was sold out for the weekend....no room at the inn. I was not happy. Staybridge is Indigo's sister property and they got us two rooms straight on. We arrived late and the rooms were in order upon our arrival. The room was clean, quiet and spacious. The service was friendly and attentive. Breakfast was great. Thanks Staybridge! I'd highly recommend staying at Staybridge Jacksonville.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
So glad we were able to accommodate you during your recent visit! Glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again!
Charleston
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We were greeted by Billy, who is very friendly and made sure we had everything we needed for a 5 night stay. When we arrived there was a manager reception, which was enough to be dinners for us. The breakfast is the typical Staybridge breakfast...nothing to complain about. Our room had a few minor problems, but nothing to dampen our stay. The location was excellent for us...plenty of restaurants...Billy even gave us a few coupons to use. We would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
So glad you enjoyed your stay here! I will be sure to pass on your comments to Billy and we appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your visit was! Hope to see you again!
Fort Myers Beach, Florida
Reviewed 2 March 2014

This hotel was ok and by ok I mean way over priced for a little bit of nothing. Not much to offer there guest but the customer service was good and to me that makes up for alot, the room was a little smelly but after 20 or 30 minutes of sitting in the room the smell was gone or we got use to it one. It was nice but not for us

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ryan P
StaybridgeJax, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville Deerwood Park, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Thank you for taking time to review your stay with us. I apologize that your room and amenities were not what you expected. In addition to our suites that are fully equipped with kitchens, we do offer a full hot buffet breakfast and evening social with a free light dinner, beer, wine and soft drinks (Tue/Wed/Thur). However, we do understand that you may not have had the opportunity to take advantage of some of these extras due to your schedule and date of stay. Many long term guests are able to utilize such amenities but sometimes guests who visit for a quick stay may not always have the chance to. Thanks again for your time!
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I spent a week at this hotel while looking for a home to relocate to in Jacksonville from Michigan. This was my second stay here and it was perfect both times. The 2 bedroom suite was big and clean. The breakfast and evening treats were both very good. The pool area was nice. I would recommend to anyone looking for a nice clean hotel with good food in the Jacksonville area. The staff was very friendly and helpfull. The beds were so comfortable. There was a nice size kitchen with everything u need to cook your own meals.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
StaybridgeJax, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville Deerwood Park, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stays with us while house hunting! We hope you found the perfect home and good luck on your relocation to Jacksonville - it is a wonderful city to live in!
Yarmouth, Maine
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We really enjoyed our stay here, The manager, Stephen, was so personable and nice. What an asset to your hotel! The suites were spacious and comfortable and the breakfast was much better than average, We would definitely stay there again, especially since it was pet friendly!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words about your stay here and also about our manager, Stephen. I will be sure to share your comments with Stephen and our team! We hope to see you again in the future!
Lower Keys, Florida
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We did not stay at this hotel. Even thou the reviews were very good. I still had questions regarding the area. We know nothing about the area and I was traveling with a 7 week old puppy. My questions were general as regards if it was safe in the area for me to walk my dog at night and early morning hours. Unfortunately, when I called the hotel to ask my questions. The young lady was nice enough but seemed offended by my questions and did not make me feel welcomed. We ended up staying at another hotel in the area were when I called she not only was extremely helpful. But made me feel I needed to stay here, which turned out to be the case. It is sad because I may never try this hotel and seeing the reviews I was very hopeful. My point is when someone calls to ask questions try not to take offensive but understand they are just concerned for their family and well being.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank d l
StaybridgeJax, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville Deerwood Park, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
I am very sorry to hear this information regarding your call to obtain information about staying in the area. This is not the type of experience that we want any of our customers or potential customers to experience! I do apologize and hope that you may consider giving us an opportunity to have you stay with us should you visit Jacksonville again. I really would like to look into this further, as it is a training opportunity, for the associate that you spoke with. If you have a chance to email me at sbsjacksonville@generationcompanies.com, I would be interested in finding out some more information from you. Thank you for letting us know because if we do not know these things, then we are not able to follow up on them in order to improve!

PS. We absolutely are "pet friendly" here. The area is residential and there are many places to walk with your pup.