Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville Deerwood Park
Ranked #4 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Relocated for a new job. Firm put me into Staybridge Suites, Jacksonville, Florida - an extended stay hotel. All you need are your clothes and your vehicle. Everything else is on the property. Each room has fridge, dwasher, cook top, sink, mwave and everything you need - pots, pans, utensils - everything is considered. Like renting a furnished apartment.

Location was excellent, staff could not have been nicer, more accommodating and is well trained.

Tues - Thurs, they host a meet and greet for all guests. They call it a wine hour but it is 3 hours of food, fun, dinner, you name it.

Breakfast is served 7 days / week and it is loaded.

If traveling or needing a place while relocating, this is it, hands down. They accommodate pets as well.

If you could nitpick 1 thing ... a larger laundry facility would be it. The facility at this hotel was fine guests that do laundry and they're plenty, tend not to looka fter their clothes once they're in the washers / dryers. It's over sight or inconsideration but if Staybridge had a laundry facility as large as the gym, they'd really have it going on even more.

Room Tip: Do not stay in the room next to the kitchen.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Micheal M
StaybridgeJax, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville Deerwood Park, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Micheal,
Thanks so much for staying with us while relocating!!! I hope that all went well with your move! I also would like to thank you for taking time to post comments regarding your extended stay with us...it is much appreciated and we are so glad that you felt at home!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

My husband was in Jacksonville for business and had been in tis hotel for 2 weeks before we arrived. The only complaints that he had up to that point was that the bed was horribly uncomfortable. In fact, he is used to sleeping with a box fan, and although they didn't have one when he arrived, the manager made a special trip to pick one up so that he would have one since he would be there for several weeks. I was pleased when I finally arrived to spend a week with him. The hotel was clean, the staff very friendly and helpful. I ate the continental breakfast every day that I was there and really enjoyed it. There was always a good variety of food and it was always tasty. The toilet in my husbands room did seem to have a problem and although there were several attempts, I'm not sure that they ever did really get it fixed. I do have to agree that the bed was awful. My back hurt so bad after a week on it, and I was so glad to get home to my bed. Other than those few things, it was very clean and perfect for what he needed during his six week stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ufcjammin1
StaybridgeJax, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville Deerwood Park, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Thanks so much for taking time to let us know about you and your husband's stay. I do appreciate all of the feedback. I understand completely that many people like to sleep with a fan running as "white noise" so getting a fan was certainly no problem. I apologize if the bed is not as comfortable as your bed at home. We do appreciate both your husband and you staying with us and thanks for your kind remarks!

Reviewed 13 April 2014

My husband and I booked this hotel for our anniversary weekend trip - pros and cons:

Pros: great location, nice clean room, friendly staff, good breakfast

Cons: we were put in a handicap accessible room (that we did not request) which was fine, however there was a very strange lock for the bathroom door that was difficult to work most of the time. We would have been ok with just closing the door, however you could not close it without locking it and the lock was difficult. There were a few times that my husband and I struggled to get out of the bathroom. Also, the bed in our room was pretty small....it looked to barely be a queen size which made it a little difficult for sleeping.

Overall it was a good stay and we would consider staying at this hotel again for our next trip to Jacksonville.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thanks so much for letting us know how your stay was! Glad you enjoyed it and thanks for letting us know about the door issue. We are working on a solution to that problem as those are different doors that are used for wheelchair access. Hope to see you again!

Reviewed 10 April 2014

In town for Daytona 500. Picked friend up at JAX and stayed at Staybridge Suites. Price was good, room and lobby exceptionally clean. Staff were friendly and helpful. Good value for what you pay. Close to Jacksonville Airport. Hour drive to Daytona.

Room Tip: Be courteous! Close to wide choice of decent eating establishments. I don't think it really matt...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
StaybridgeJax, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville Deerwood Park, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Thanks so much for your kind comments about your recent stay with us! Hope you also had a great time in Daytona! Hopefully we'll see you again when you return to Jacksonville!

Reviewed 7 April 2014

My family of four recently stayed here over a weekend. We booked a two room suite and upon arrival found out that the room we had book wasn't available due to the prior occupant being unable to leave because of medical reasons. The mgmt. apologized profusely but then booked us in side by side rooms that was the equivalent of what we had - but with an extra kitchen area. This worked out perfectly for us since my 17 and 18 year olds wanted a place by themselves anyway.

The rooms were great. Very spacious, well kept, and very clean. The beds were EXREMELY comfy! Everything you could need was in the room to make your stay comfortable.

There is breakfast served each morning in a nice setting that adequately seats everyone. The breakfast has something for everyone - even my vegan daughter was happy.

The hotel is in a nice section of Jacksonville. Near every kind of restaurant you could think of and several grocery stores. The beaches are about 15 minutes away.

The mgmt. was nice and will go out of their way to make sure your stay is comfortable. To top it all off, the hotel offers complimentary washers and dryers near the lobby to get your laundry done.

Would definitely recommend to anyone who is in the area

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank James D

Thank you so much for sharing your experience and many kind words about our hotel and staff during your recent stay here! So glad you enjoyed everything and thank you for your patience and understanding about the original suite being occupied when you arrived. So glad the alternate arrangement worked out for your teens! We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 31 March 2014

This was a rest night for us on our long drive to our FL vacation. I booked Staybridge in Jacksonville because it was a very economical use of my priority club points and it offered free breakfast. What made this hotel stand out for me was that their staff seemed genuinely friendly and helpful. The breakfast included make-your-own waffles, scrambled eggs and sausage, oatmeal, muffins, toast, fruit, yogurt - pretty much everything we needed to start our day. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
StaybridgeJax, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville Deerwood Park, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Thanks so much for the kind words about your recent stay with us! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay here and hope the remainder of your vacation in Florida! Hope to see you again!

Reviewed 20 March 2014

This facility is just the best. We enjoy the king suite as the door to the bedroom closes - extremely helpful when it's time for the little one to go to bed (7:30 pm) - and we can enjoy the living room/kitchen without waking the child. We always stay at this one place every time we visit family in Jacksonville. The staff is excellent. Would very highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: King suite - door separates the bedroom from living area.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
StaybridgeJax, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville Deerwood Park, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding your stay with us recently! Glad you can feel at home here! We do look forward to seeing you all again!