“I was impressed.”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville Deerwood Park
Ranked #6 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I was impressed. This was an End of the Year trip for my Girl Scout troop. I book everything way in advance under a group rate. I usually follow up several times as the date nears but this time I did not and everything went super smooth. Some checked in on Friday and some on Saturday with no problem. The hotel is awesome the room was great and felt like home. The bed was very comfortable. Having the kitchen was a big help to me because we has 3 kids with us and did not have to pay to eat out we cooked hotdogs in the room. The kitchen was stocked with everything you need to perpare a meal. Also has a diswasher and a garbage disposal. They also had a very nice breakfast in the morning from 7:30- 10:30am. All was clean and well maintained. I didn’t visit the gym or the pool as we just ran out of time. I did go in the business center to play candy crush for a while….LOL. Someone in our group did take advantage of the laundry area. Overall this was a great stay and I would recommend this property to anyone looking for a high quality stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
StaybridgeJax, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville Deerwood Park, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thanks so much for your kind review of our hotel! So glad you enjoyed your visit here and that the suites had all you needed to feel at home! Hope to see you again!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

This hotel is in a great location, a block off a busy street so no traffic noise. Suites are spacious, and allow for a comfortable place to visit separate from the bedroom area. The hotel is in need of some updating, but overall a very good experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank CONSTANCE B
StaybridgeJax, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville Deerwood Park, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you so much for taking time to share your experience while staying with us! We appreciate your feedback and are glad you enjoyed your stay! Hope to see you again!

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Stayed 4 nights while visiting Mayo Clinic. They offer a nice Mayo Clinic rate, which is very nice to find during a stressful time. Had a one bedroom (2 double beds) suite; found to be very well appointed - pretty much everything you need. Mattresses were not the most comfortable, but folded the duvet and put that under the sheet and it was much better. Towels were very nice! Enjoyed the outdoor house cats :)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ada369
StaybridgeJax, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville Deerwood Park, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Thank you so much for your kind comments about you recent stay here! I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience! We do hope you will stay with us again when returning to the area!

Reviewed 21 May 2014

I recently enjoyed a four night stay here while in JAX on business along with four other colleagues. The hotel exceeded my expectations for "home away from home.

The location of the hotel seemed to be more conveninet for the business-traveler; and the majority of the clientele seemed to be staying there on business. What little freetime we had was spent driving at least 20 - 30 minutes to get to other areas (St. Augustine, Jax beaches) so leisure travelers might be able to better utilize their time by staying closer to those areas.

The accommodations were modern, spacious and well-maintained. I was one of the lucky ones in our group that did get a suite. My room had a fully equipped kitchen (you provide your own food, of course) and living room with a separate bedroom with two large beds and bathroom. Others in our group had "studio suites" with combined living/sleeping/kitchen space.

Daily housekeeping did an impeccable job which included providing ample towels.

The daily breakfast included a variety of fruits, juice, cereals, pastries, yogurt, waffles as well as eggs and bacon. A "social" is held each weeknight which includes a variety of beer, wine, soda, salad bar as well as food and snacks that change each night.

Staff was welcoming and attentive to each guest's needs and requests. I arrived into JAX on a later flight, checked in and immediately went to dinner before spending much time in my room. It was midnight when I returned and there seemed to be a problem with the A/C as the room was uncomfortably warm. I reported it to the front-desk (I wish I had written down the name of the girl working that night as she deserves recognition.) She came up to my room to try to adjust the thermostat. She was able to adjust the air in the bedroom which was most important to me so that I could sleep comfortably before an early start the next morning. She assured me that she would have someone fix the problem in the living room the next morning. I was relieved the next day (which of course was warm and "damp" outside) to return to working a/c.

Overall, the hotel and it's staff exceeded my expectations. I will return to the hotel on future business and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Staybridge Suites to other colleagues/corporate-clients traveling to JAX

Room Tip: For the slight rate-increase, I suggest booking a one-bedroom suite vs. their studio-suite. Ground-f...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
StaybridgeJax, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville Deerwood Park, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Thank you so very much for your kind words and for sharing your experience about your visit here with us! So glad to hear you enjoyed your "home away from home"! We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Located close to Town Center, and relatively close to the beaches. Despite the word "Suite" in the hotel name, their most common room is not really a Suite. its just a room; and its really annoying that many IHG properties use the term "Suite" for both Suites and some rooms. The real Suites at this hotel are called "1bedroom Suite" (or 2 bedroom )
If you are a Platinum member, do not expect much recognition of your status. They might give you an upgrade, but you will have to ask several times for it. Unfortunately, it is not unique for a lot of IHG hotels to "hide" upgrades. Food choices are OK in the morning, there are also evening snacks on select weekdays that are decent. Unfortunately, I was able to hear a person snoring next door as loudly as it were happening in my room. The shampoo bottle in my room was used up by someone else which kind of made me wonder if the room was even cleaned before I arrived. On the bright side, there are a lot of hotels to choose from nearby.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank DIOGENES L

I am so sorry that you were disappointed with your visit with us. I can assure you that we will address your housekeeping concerns as we typically have very good housekeeping reviews. All of our rooms are suites and while we do offer three different types, they all include a fully equipped kitchen. We do try our hardest to honor Platinum member upgrade requests as we value our Platinum members, however, we have had a number of sold out nights and can only accommodate requests based on our open availability. I do thank you for letting us know your thoughts as all feedback, positive and negative, helps us toward our goal of always looking for ways to improve.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

We had a great experience here during our 1 night stay. We were given a two room suite which was very nice! We didn't have a need to use the kitchen area but the sitting area was roomy and comfortable. Loved the bed! We stayed at four different hotels during our trip and my husband said this was the most comfortable bed and the best sleep of the trip. The only complaint that I have doesn't reflect on the facility itself but more on the policies in place. The hotel is pet friendly which is great, I have pets of my own so am an animal lover. The problem was that during breakfast, a gentleman had his dog with him, walking on a leash through the serving area. He then proceeded to sit at a table, pull a chair out for his dog, place the dog on it, and feed the dog on the chair. It was a little nasty but apparently an accepted practice as no one asked him to move the dog. But again, the hotel was great.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
StaybridgeJax, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville Deerwood Park, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your stay! We are so glad you enjoyed your visit here!!! I appreciate you letting us know about the pet in the dining area. Pets are not allowed in the dining area during meal hours and I apologize that our staff associate did not let that guest know. We absolutely needed to know that so that we can be sure to remind our food service associates of the policy on that. Thanks again and we hope to see you again!!!!

Reviewed 8 May 2014

I think this is one of the most over rated hotel I have stayed in lately. Front desk staff was not responsive to questions I had as she was too preoccupied with her cellphone. I will not stay here again and I am IHG Platinum member.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank rrgeorgia
StaybridgeJax, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville Deerwood Park, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Thank you for letting us know about your experience here. I do apologize for the way you were treated by our staff member. I assure you that this issue is being addressed immediately. Once again, please accept my apologies and I do hope that in the future you would give us another opportunity to provide nothing other than excellent guest service.