“Clean, friendly, affordable”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville Deerwood Park
Ranked #3 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Impeccable rooms and service.
Free breakfast buffet and evening buffet on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. The rooms were were very comfortable, spacious and clean. Would return again.
I would also recommend this hotel to family and friends.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank AndeeMeaux
StaybridgeJax, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville Deerwood Park, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us! So glad you enjoyed your visit here!!!

Reviewed 4 July 2014

We booked a 2 bedroom suite for our family of 6 (4 children) for a recent trip on our way to orlando. When we arrived, we were told that there were no 2 bedrooms available (granted, we booked the room MONTHS in advance and pre-paid). Their solution was to separate our family into 2 standard rooms. This would not work for us since one of our children has autism and we absolutely need the extra space for him (not just a standard room). Eventually they put us in 2 connecting rooms which was acceptable (only after the front desk staff was rude with us). During the night, the smoke detector started beeping. My husband called the front desk. He was told that nobody could come up at the time, he was told to just take the batteries out of the smoke detector (surely that had to violate some sort of fire code). At the same time, power went off to half of the room, including power to the TV. My husband called the front desk back and was then told that we could be moved to a different room. My husband said that wasn't going to be possible to do in our situation given the difficulty with checking in and getting two rooms together to replace the suite we initially booked, and the children were already sleeping. So, for the remainder of the evening, we had no TV in the room we were using, and unable to turn on lights in half of the room. In the morning, a staff member brought us batteries to replace in the smoke detector....OURSELVES. I booked the room originally because it was the most reasonably priced 2 bedroom that we could find and we were familiar with the chain having stayed at other locations before, but I will NEVER stay at this hotel again!!!

3  Thank Stephanie C
StaybridgeJax, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville Deerwood Park, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Hi, I am so terribly sorry to hear about the difficulties you experienced during your stay with us. I have sent you a message via Trip Advisor in hopes that I can contact you personally to discuss further. Thank you very much.

Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have stayed here twice in six months, while visiting family. It is clean and well appointed. The hot and cold free breakfast is very good and changes from day to day. There are healthy choices as well as comfort food such as biscuits and gravy. Every one is very friendly. The manager went out of his way to make sure we were happy and comfortable. We will definitely stay here the next time we are in Jacksonville. It is a good value for the money.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your visit here! So glad you enjoyed your stay and we do hope you visit with us again!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I was quite impressed by this hotel. The room was nice with a full kitchen, full size fridge, separate living area, and bedroom with a door. The staff was very nice and helpful. The kids loved the pool and Wed-Fri they even do a complimentary evening meal and drinks (beer and wine included). While we were there one night was grill night and they grilled burgers and hot dogs outside on the grill with pasta salad, side salad, beans, etc. Their free breakfast is nice too. Their waffles were really good. We will definitely stay at another Saybridge and this one for sure next time we visit Jacksonville!

1  Thank Camaro2001
StaybridgeJax, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville Deerwood Park, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you very much for your kind words about your stay here with us in Jacksonville! So glad you enjoyed all that our hotel has to offer!!! Hope to see you again!

Reviewed 28 June 2014

I stayed here with three of my children (20, 16, & 14). I was torn between staying here (with more room) or another regular hotel room (for less money). Really glad I opted for more space. We had a one bedroom suite (not all the suites have a separate bedroom). Not only did that give us more room, it gave us two TVs; my sons would watch something in the living room, and my daughter and I could watch something else in the bedroom.

The location was very convenient. There was a shopping center across the street, where there was a grocery store (Publix), a liquor store, a AAA office, and a couple of different places to eat. There was easy access to major highways as well as roads that led to the beach.

The beds were comfortable. The boys slept on the pull-out in the living room. They said it wasn't uncomfortable, but it did make a fair amount of noise when they moved (I could here it in the bedroom with the door closed).

Breakfast was the standard fare: waffles, scrambled eggs or mini cheese omelets, sausage or bacon, diced fresh fruit, oatmeal, bulk cereal, toast, muffins, Danish, yogurt (individual packages of flavored as well as large sizes of plain and vanilla (for topping of fruit?)), and various juices, coffees, and teas.

Dinner nights were not great. The first night was soup and salad. The salad was good, but I did not like the potato soup. It looked good, but it tasted burnt. The wine was sweet, even the red wine. The beer was canned Budweiser. The second night was grill night. We could smell the burgers cooking on our room by 2:00pm. I thought the burgers were good; the hot dogs were another story -- my son said they were awful. The third night was tomato and basil flat bread. We did dinner somewhere else that night.

The pool was adequate, but there were not a lot of chairs. There was a place to sit in the shade.

The pantry, I thought, was mostly overpriced. However, they had individual packages of Lorna Doones and Oreas for $0.25!

1  Thank mrsdoc3
StaybridgeJax, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville Deerwood Park, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience here at our hotel! We are glad you enjoyed your visit and that the suite room provided enough extra space for your family! I will be sure to share your comments with team!

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Me and my family really enjoyed this. There is a great breakfast place with a great variety of foods. No other hotel I went to had bacon. Our 8 yr. old lived the waffles " they're so soft and fluffy", she said. Very comfortable and clean. 3 TVs and enough bathrooms and plain rooms. Spacious! Loved this hotel.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
StaybridgeJax, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville Deerwood Park, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

So glad to hear that you and your little one enjoyed your visit with us! I particularly enjoyed the waffle description:) Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Stayed here for one night although this is an extended stay hotel. I have NOTHING bad to say about this hotel. From the moment I walked to the counter to check in was a pleasant experience. My circumstances were a little unusual. This was the starting place for a cross-country trip from Florida to my home in Alaska by motorcycle. I made my reservation several months before the start of my adventure. The logistics of such a large trip meant I needed to ship a lot of motorcycle parts, luggage, clothes, and assorted gear to my starting destination. Because this Staybridge caters to business people quite a bit, they had no problem accepting packages for me and holding them. And without so much as a grumble! After checking in and collecting all my packages (more than the luggage cart could carry), I found my room and was overwhelmed! Lots of space, great furnishings, comfortable bed, kitchenette that was well stocked with wares, and everything was clean clean clean. The staff was exceptional. Each and every one was friendly and made sure I was treated like family. I made a request to the maintenance person to borrow a cordless drill for 30m minutes to assemble a piece of equipment. he delivered it to me and asked if there was anything else I might need for my project. He took a personal interest to make sure I was taken care of. As he was getting off work at that time, he told me to just keep it for the night. So much trust shown to a stranger! The front desk staff was just as wonderful. They tolerated my mechanic work on the new bike out in the parking lot to add all the equipment needed for my trip. On checking out, the young lady at the desk noticed I had cut my hand and was trying not to bleed on the papers. She pulled out a huge first aid kit and gave me enough band aids and alcohol wipes for a couple of days.
Overall, I can only describe my experience as "better than home"!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank AK-ADV-Moto
StaybridgeJax, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville Deerwood Park, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Wow, what an exciting adventure you have embarked on!!! So glad you chose to stay with us to start your journey! Thank you for your kind words about our staff and your accommodations; we are thrilled that we could assist you in any way. Enjoy your trip and be safe! Hope to see you again!