“What a nice motel.”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville Deerwood Park
Ranked #3 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

We had a free ING night and stayed here. Our first impression was terrific...the front staff was so pleasant. The suite was well stocked and the room size was impressive. On Monday thru Thursday they have free beer, wine, salads, and a light casual entree. We never had to leave. And they had free laudromat service. Just a great experience.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Michelle G
StaybridgeJax, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville Deerwood Park, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us! Glad you enjoyed your visit and we do hope to see you again!

Reviewed 11 August 2014

super clean, new, free beer, wine, and food! On Tues. wed. and Thurs.
we brought our 2 dogs and they were so accommodating!
2 thumbs up! free laundry mat. Did I mention free beer? Breakfast bar is
hot and delicious, not just cereal, eggs, ham, and waffle maker is fab.
Great hotel! Can't say same for mayo clinic, reason we came to Jacksonville. Our entire experience with mayo was pure hell. Staybridge was only bright spot of trip, like home away from home.

Room Tip: If you bring your dog, ask for 1st floor. why stress you and the dog and others on an elevator. Bag...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Rusty S

I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for the kind words! Glad your "puppies" felt at home too!!! We look forward to seeing you again should you need to be in Jacksonville again.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Hotel built in 2008. Very clean. Location very convenient to lots of restaurants, Wal-Mart, etc. We rented a one bedroom suite so my Husband and I could have some privacy, as our son was using the sleeper sofa in the living room. Unfortunately, the bedroom door lock was broken. The tub dripped so badly the first night it kept me awake. On our second day I called the front desk to request foam pillows (none existed). So I requested a couple of extra feather ones and an extra blanket. That was at noon. I called again at 3 pm, I called again at 5 pm and again at 6:30 pm. The last desk clerk I spoke to said he could bring me a blanket but didn't think they had any extra pillows. Finally at 7-ish I finally did receive 2 pillows and one blanket. The construction is pretty thin so you can hear other guests, but wasn't horrible.

Room Tip: There are no ice makers or vending machines on the floors to be concerned about.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank 3montours
StaybridgeJax, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville Deerwood Park, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Hello and thank you for sharing your comments with us about your stay. I do appreciate all of the feedback as it helps us to improve our service levels. I sent you a message so that you can send me your name and/or room number as I'd like to be sure that the room issues have been corrected. Thank you again and look forward to hearing from you!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I had a 5 day stay here to get my son settled into Jacksonville so he could start school at Tulsa Welding school and the location was quiet, the proximity to everything we needed was perfect, the staff was extremely helpful and friendly, and the room was a dream - very clean and offered everything we needed. It was a bonus that they not only served a very diverse selection of food for breakfast, but they also provided dinner and drinks on the week-day nights...nothing special, but it did allow us to just stay in and rest after our busy days. Also it was greatly appreciated that laundry was free, the pool was clean with plentiful deck chairs, and the wifi was accessible from the entire property - even the parking lot.

Room Tip: During the week it was very quiet since the patrons are business people, but the week-ends seem to p...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Peggy P

So very glad you enjoyed your visit with us while getting your son set up for school! I really appreciate the kind words and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

This is a four story hotel close to restaurants and shopping (St. John's Mall). Upon arriving we asked if Copeland's (right across the street) was a good place to eat. The desk clerk raved about the food and recommended the rolls (like Red Lobster) and the loaded mac 'n cheese. Neither disappointed.

The room/suite(?) is rather small but the kitchen area is pretty well appointed with a full size fridge. The AC seemed to be activated by motion detection. So be prepared to walk around the room at night.

Breakfast was OK...nothing to write home about.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SavannahBill

Thanks so much for sharing your comments about your stay! I do appreciate all of them as we strive to further improve on our service levels and these comments are invaluable! Hope to see you again!

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Should have known when we pulled into the parking lit. There was a couch sitting in the parking lot. It was about 3:30 p.m. made me think I was back in NYC and the Bronx in summer. Went down from there. Breakfast was disappointing Hispanic food server didnt bring oyt mire eggs and sausage until breakfast was over and then proceeded to pack everything up lije she was taking it home with her. Hotel room was not equipped as it should have been as eating utensils were missing. Front desk attendant at night was attaced to cell phone. An earthquake couldnt have separated her from it. Unfriendly front desk staff are not what you want you customers to first encunter. They look down and survey the guests as if some shouldnt be allowed into hotel. Outsude at night there are many feral cats. Beware of fleas. Only thing missing this time were snakes in mating season.

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank MaggieMay437
StaybridgeJax, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville Deerwood Park, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

I appreciate you taking the time to let us know about the difficulties you experienced during your recent visit. I do realize that the sofa was outside for a few hours as we were waiting for additional manpower to move it to the dumpster. The other issues are being reviewed and addressed by myself and our supervisors. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention as this is not the type of customer service we seek to provide and all comments, positive and negative, help us to improve our service levels.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

A Friday night stay while heading to Daytona Beach. We had a 1 bedroom King Suite. The unit was spotless, very comfortable bed, and quiet for a wonderful nights sleep.

The breakfast was very good. Lots of choices....the kid's loved the donuts and bacon. I enjoy it when soft drinks are available. My breakfast of eggs and bacon were enhanced by having the soft drink machine.

We already plan to stop here on a future trip.

This property was located in a nice area with lots of choices for dining around.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank abcjjl
StaybridgeJax, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville Deerwood Park, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Thanks so much for taking time to share your experience while staying here! I do appreciate it and look forward to your return!