“An exceptional experience”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville Deerwood Park
Ranked #7 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 30 August 2014

My family recently stayed Staybridge for a month. I had a kidney transplant and my husband was my donor. Praise the Lord! The staff was so wonderful!! The breakfast and eve. social,free laundry facilities.Michelle is tops! Maureen, Steven, Billy, Tony, Norbert, Ghandi , she's awesome too, The kitchen staff, Housekeeping, and the girls at the front desk.... All were superb!! Absolutely will return and spread the word.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Mary B
StaybridgeJax, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville Deerwood Park, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding our staff and the hotel!!! So glad you both are doing so well! Look forward to seeing you upon your return!

There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville Deerwood Park

Reviewed 28 August 2014

We live in Lynn Haven, FL, but had to visit Jacksonville, FL for our cocker spaniel to have eye surgery. We knew nothing about Staybridge, but the vet recommended it and one other nearby pet-friendly place. We chose Staybridge sight-unseen because it had a free breakfast and the other one didn't. We were extremely surprised to find how nice the suite was, how well equipped it was, and how clean it was. Every staff member we met was pleasant, helpful, and efficient. We were also pleasantly surprised by the free light meal in the evening. With the help of the delicious free breakfast, the free food in the evening, and the pantry (another surprise) we never had to find a restaurant! The only thing lacking that would have made it perfect would be to replace the armchair with a recliner. Wherever we go from now on, Staybridge will be our first choice!

Room Tip: Don't know of a room that wasn't good!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank James S
StaybridgeJax, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville Deerwood Park, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Thank you for your kind words! So glad you enjoyed your stay here while waiting for your puppy to have surgery. Hope you all are doing well and that we see you again should you need to come to Jacksonville again!

Reviewed 28 August 2014

We enjoyed our stay at Staybridge Jacksonville. It felt like we were in an apartment! It is hard to travel with my son in a wheelchair but this hotel made us feel comfortable. It was great having two separate rooms to stretch out in. The price was nice too! Thanks!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Cindy H

So glad to hear that our suite was perfect for you to stay in with your son and have plenty of room! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and hopefully we'll see you again!

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

We had a free ING night and stayed here. Our first impression was terrific...the front staff was so pleasant. The suite was well stocked and the room size was impressive. On Monday thru Thursday they have free beer, wine, salads, and a light casual entree. We never had to leave. And they had free laudromat service. Just a great experience.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Michelle G
StaybridgeJax, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville Deerwood Park, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us! Glad you enjoyed your visit and we do hope to see you again!

Reviewed 11 August 2014

super clean, new, free beer, wine, and food! On Tues. wed. and Thurs.
we brought our 2 dogs and they were so accommodating!
2 thumbs up! free laundry mat. Did I mention free beer? Breakfast bar is
hot and delicious, not just cereal, eggs, ham, and waffle maker is fab.
Great hotel! Can't say same for mayo clinic, reason we came to Jacksonville. Our entire experience with mayo was pure hell. Staybridge was only bright spot of trip, like home away from home.

Room Tip: If you bring your dog, ask for 1st floor. why stress you and the dog and others on an elevator. Bag...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Rusty S

I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for the kind words! Glad your "puppies" felt at home too!!! We look forward to seeing you again should you need to be in Jacksonville again.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Hotel built in 2008. Very clean. Location very convenient to lots of restaurants, Wal-Mart, etc. We rented a one bedroom suite so my Husband and I could have some privacy, as our son was using the sleeper sofa in the living room. Unfortunately, the bedroom door lock was broken. The tub dripped so badly the first night it kept me awake. On our second day I called the front desk to request foam pillows (none existed). So I requested a couple of extra feather ones and an extra blanket. That was at noon. I called again at 3 pm, I called again at 5 pm and again at 6:30 pm. The last desk clerk I spoke to said he could bring me a blanket but didn't think they had any extra pillows. Finally at 7-ish I finally did receive 2 pillows and one blanket. The construction is pretty thin so you can hear other guests, but wasn't horrible.

Room Tip: There are no ice makers or vending machines on the floors to be concerned about.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank 3montours
StaybridgeJax, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville Deerwood Park, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Hello and thank you for sharing your comments with us about your stay. I do appreciate all of the feedback as it helps us to improve our service levels. I sent you a message so that you can send me your name and/or room number as I'd like to be sure that the room issues have been corrected. Thank you again and look forward to hearing from you!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I had a 5 day stay here to get my son settled into Jacksonville so he could start school at Tulsa Welding school and the location was quiet, the proximity to everything we needed was perfect, the staff was extremely helpful and friendly, and the room was a dream - very clean and offered everything we needed. It was a bonus that they not only served a very diverse selection of food for breakfast, but they also provided dinner and drinks on the week-day nights...nothing special, but it did allow us to just stay in and rest after our busy days. Also it was greatly appreciated that laundry was free, the pool was clean with plentiful deck chairs, and the wifi was accessible from the entire property - even the parking lot.

Room Tip: During the week it was very quiet since the patrons are business people, but the week-ends seem to p...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Peggy P

So very glad you enjoyed your visit with us while getting your son set up for school! I really appreciate the kind words and we look forward to your next visit!