“An Excellent place to stay”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville Deerwood Park
Ranked #7 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Stratford, CT
“An Excellent place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2009

This hotel was a great value and very clean. The staff was helpful and it was close to shopping and restaurants. Not too far from the hotel or beaches. Breakfast was great. The rooms were clean and the kitchenette in the room was very convenient. The laundry facility was free. All you had to do is buy your own detergent which they have in their little store or go across the street to the grocery store. Excellent experience. Would stay again and probably will in August!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Tallahassee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2009

Everything was top-notch, staff was all outstanding. A wonderful surprise of an experience in Jacksonville. We have stayed at several other motels, and just figured JAX was a nasty, dirty place. Our faith has been restored! We are actually looking forward to our next stay in JAX due to the exceptional-ness of this motel. Thanks again!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2009

This is a great hotel with beautiful suites and great location for shopping and dining! I think it might be 3 years old but feels brand new. The location is great - two minutes from University of North Florida and 15 minutes from downtown Jacksonville. The kitchen, living area with pull-out sofa and comfortable king bed in private bedroom made this the perfect place for me and three teenagers. The hotel is nestled behind the St. Johns Town Center that includes a Cheesecake Factory, PF Changs, Panera, just to name a few restaurants - and great shopping too!

The staff was very nice and helpful - not to mention the great complimentary breakfast. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2009

This hotel is a treasure. My family and I were given this hotel's name by the hospital where my mother was having surgery. My brothers and sisters and our families came for support.

We were more than impressed. The rooms are immaculate and spacious. The room offered a full kitchen with granite counters...beautiful touch. We chose a one bedroom suite which had two double beds and was more than comfortable for my family.

The breakfast in the morning was a delight offering a multitude of items like make your own waffle, omlettes, bacon, fruit....you name it.

I have to compliment the staff....Billy, Carli....thanks for your compassion and willing to always go the extra mile. We appreciate your concern for my mother...who by the way is doing great!

We were not able to enjoy the multitude of attrations Billy and Carli told us about, but promise to be back when it is for R & R.

My family thanks you for a job well down. Class act hotel.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
Washington DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2009

I stayed here one night while on business and was very impressed. The breakfast area was very modern with private TV areas and granite bar island. Rooms were very well decorated with granite countertops, 2 burner stove, full refrigerator, and LCD 42" TVs. Definitely didn’t feel like your typical hotel room. Bed was very comfortable. Great service by a very friendly hotel staff.. No matter if you're in Jacksonville for business or pleasure you can not go wrong staying at this Staybridge Suites Hotel.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
Hobe Sound, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2009

We had a terrific 1st visit to the Staybridge hotel in Jacksonville, Florida this week. Our thanks to Rolf, the front desk clerk. He was very professional and friendly. The lady attending the breakfast buffet was also so nice and clearly took pride in preparing, presenting and maintaining an excellent breakfast. Both of these people are to be commended. The facility was much nicer than expected and we feel we have found the perfect place to stay on future visits as our son will be attending the University there. Great property.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2009

I recently stayed here with a group of 6 other colleagues. The hotel is in a really quite location even though we were right next to the business park where we needed to be. The manager said that all of the land around the hotel was protected which made it even better.

The rooms were very big compared to the normal non-suite hotels that I am used to staying at. The rooms were spotless so I was able to skip my usual routine of wiping down everything with the can of Lysol wipes that I carry with me when I am on the road. The granite counter tops and tiled backsplashes and overall decor was defineately nicer than what I expected to see in a hotel room.

We were also able to attend the managers social(which was free) on Wednesday where they actually cooked out for everyone. What was even more impressive was the fact that it was pouring rain so they wheeled the grills out front under the canopy. What Service!!! The breakfast was equally as great. It was nice to enjoy an omlette, bacon and actual fresh cut melon not the fruit coctail from a can that I get at other places.

The staff seemed very attentive as well. Everyone greeted me and was very personable as I walked around the hotel. Even the housekeepers who you could tell spoke little to no English were friendly.

All in all a great stay!!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business