“The best hotel I have stayed in thus far”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville Deerwood Park
Ranked #6 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Richmond, VA
“The best hotel I have stayed in thus far”
Reviewed 28 July 2009

I loved the Staybridge suites. I would definitely recommend anyone visiting the area to stay here. The location is great. There are plenty of malls nearby. And when you don't want to drive you can walk across the street for entertainment (movie theatre and food etc). The room was very spacious, there was hot breakfast every morning, and housekeeping everyday. The hotel is very clean and two computers with internet access for the guests. Not too far from the beach. All in all I loved this hotel and would recommend it to anyone visiting the Jacksonville area and I will stay here again on my next visit.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CaligurlnVA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Miramar Beach, Florida
Reviewed 23 July 2009

We stayed at the Staybridge Suites while on a college visit to University of North Florida with our son. The hotel is fairly new and is pefect for that home away from home feeling. The lobby is warm and inviting and the staff were friendly. The room itself was a 2br-2bath suite with a living area and full kitchen. The beds were very comfy.

The breakfast was perfect and they offered several healthy options. The hotel is well located and is close to University of North Florida, Mayo Clinic, and the St Johns Town Center where there are MANY MANY restaurants and stores.

You can't beat this place. We would definitely stay here again and recommend it highly.

Carmel, IN
Reviewed 22 July 2009

Wonderful hotel! A friend and I just stayed in a 2 bedroom suite for a few days while on a golf trip. Stephen at the front desk tended to my check-in needs. He was wonderful. Carly also was extremely helpful when I contacted the front desk for assistance while I was away for the day. The rooms were spacious and clean. The beds were comfortable with soft bedding accoutrements. It was quiet. And the breakfast was very tasty, fresh and plentiful. The free evening dinner was another pleasant surprise. I used the 50% coupon for the second night which left me and my golfing bud extremely pleased with the value. I highly recommend this hotel and their wonderful staff. We will definitely stay again should we have another opportunity to play the TPC!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
Hephzibah, GA
Reviewed 18 July 2009

Hotel was very full, throngs of people just having conversations in the middle of the hallway, or in front of the elevators. Didn't partake in Light meal and comp drinks because of too many people. Only one person working front desk so check in was rather slow. The room was very contemporary as far as decor goes. The bed was comfortable for the first five minutes then my back started hurting, pillows were way to high and thick. Free Wi-Fi that was not slow, yay! Satellite tv, took a hot minute to figure the remote out. Breakfast was great, they had my favorite granola in the cereal carousel. I would stay here again but bring my own pillow.

miami
Reviewed 11 July 2009

My son has been attending the Univ. of No. Fla. for the last 3 years so we've visited the area on many occasions and have stayed in numerous hotels. We were VERY IMPRESSED with Staybridge Suites. The beds were comfy, their breakfast offers a lot of variety, the rooms are spacious and immaculate. We're going back to J'Ville in October with relatives visiting from out of state and we're definately staying here again!
PS They have a really nice pool, feels like you're completely away from the city as it borders a nice pine forest. feels "woodsy"!!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Tallahassee, FL
Reviewed 5 July 2009

My family (hubby, 3 yr old &19 month old) recently stayed for 2 nights at the StayBridge hotel in JAX. In a word, it was AWESOME!!! When I walked into the room, I was truly amazed!!! There were granite countertops, beautiful furniture, and it was SUPER, SUPER clean (and I am picky about cleanliness of hotels). Also, the staff were very friendly; especially Dash, who was kind and helpful).

The bedroom was off the main room and separated by double doors. The building is so well made; that there was hardly any noise from the living room when the little ones were trying to sleep (I had put on the stove vent too). The bedroom, ahhhh, the bedroom... Besides being very well decorated, the king size bed was super comfy and the sheets were so soft, I wanted to take them home. There was even a huge flat screen in the bedroom (as well as the living room!!!) I thought we were just getting a studio like suite... But luck was on my side and we got a1 bedroom.

The bathroom area is well designed and nicely tiled (except you have to go through the bedroom to get to the bathroom, which means you have to be super quite and can't flush while babies are napping). Beware of the totally non-grip tub bottom (bring your rollable bath mat if you have little ones). My son slipped and hit his head (yea, he's ok)...

The common area was beautiful and the (FREE) breakfast was far beyond adequate. I would have paid $10 a person for a spread like that! There was also a gentleman with an English accent who seemed to be in charge of the breakfast, who was very accommodating and understanding.

Also, the mini-kitchen is fully equipped (minus oven), and there is a Publix right across the street, so you don't even have to go out to eat! Just make dinner in your room and save the money. There are even infrared grills where you could BBQ (my husband was especially impressed with the grills). Oh and the pool area was great! There was even a nice little hot tub...

But a word of caution, for the price I paid ($59.99 a night) there is no possible way they can keep the place as nice as it is (I was told the hotel was brand new). No matter what the price (ok, as long as it stays under $150) we will be back again!

I don't think I can say enough about how pleased I was with the hotel. I've stayed at luxury 5 star hotels that have been NOWHERE near as nice... Truly this was one of my best hotel experiences.

Side note: I must say that above any other source, I totally trust the users on TripAdvisor. For almost every family vacation (or mini-vacation) we have gone on, I have relied on this site. The couple of times I didn't (because of a good price or something of that sort), I have regretted it!!!

USA
Reviewed 29 June 2009

I stayed at the Staybridge Suites in Jacksonville for about 3 months, as I had to relocate to FL for business. LUCKILY, my company chose the right place because I have had a wonderful time at this facility. The management is excellent, and the staff has been nothing but awesome. Anytime I have had a question (I've never had complaints) they have been so helpful and willing to take time on each customer. The place is clean, secure, and has so many accommodations that cannot be overlooked. I highly recommend this place for families, tourists, business persons, or anyone looking for a nice place to stay.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled on business