“Vies with a Hyatt”

Ranked #6 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Tallahassee
“Vies with a Hyatt”
Reviewed 30 October 2009

Simply put -- a fantastic surprise in Jacksonville. Highly recommended.

We have stayed at numerous hotels in this city, and despaired of finding a clean room, at very bottom. This hotel was not only immaculate, it exceeded expectations in every way. Lovely pool and hot tub, great breakfast (with gourmet coffee, real cream and honey), wonderful room appointments and warm staff.

One could not ask for better. It's the tops, and we will always look to stay at Staybridge's from now on.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Roswell, GA
Reviewed 8 October 2009

This was my first visit to a Staybridge Suites and I was quite impressed. I try to give honest reviews here and I'm giving this hotel an overall 4 out of 5. People who give a 5 here would probably also give a 5 if they stayed at the Ritz-Carlton or Intercontinental and obviously there is a significant difference between the 2. So, while I have your attention, let's try to be a bit more honest with our reviews here! Anyway, with that said, this hotel was a very nice place to stay. The location was good and there was ample space in the rooms for a single overnight or a week long visit. There is a Publix literally across the street (walking distance) and that would make longer than average stays particularly enjoyable. I would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
South Florida
Reviewed 12 September 2009

I LOVED this hotel when my wife and I stayed here for one night in September 2009 -- I just wish we didn’t have a room on the ground floor. Located near Tinseltown, an entertainment district in Jacksonville, the Staybridge Suites Jacksonville is a short drive from I-95. Great, safe location. The property features laundry facilities, plus business center and fitness room. The pool is glorious, and there’s even a nice hot tub. The free breakfast is one of the best I’ve ever seen at a hotel, with oatmeal, pastries, a variety of coffee choices, and even fountain drinks. Impeccably maintained, this hotel is very warm and inviting.

Our room was a true suite, roomy and comfortable. There were two widescreen TVs, one for the bedroom and one for the living room. There was even a DVD player in the living room. Plenty of space for toiletries around the sink, which was located outside the bathroom (a smart idea for a hotel room). With its high ceilings and fully equipped kitchen (the only thing missing was an oven), it almost felt like an apartment.

One caveat: The first floor was very noisy during the day, though we heard no noise during the evening. If you’re going to stay here, try to request a room on a higher floor.

Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mpescatore
albuquerque, nm
Reviewed 27 August 2009

We spent 5 nights at this hotel and it was just excellent. Travelers were husband and wife in their 40's, with 14 and 11 year old children and a female relative.

When we arrived, we were told that our rooms, which we purchased on Priceline, had been upgraded at no extra charge. They were spacious, and very, very clean. Bathrooms and kitchens were spotless. There was an abundance of hot water. Mattresses were really comfortable, as were the pillows.

Our kids loved the pool. It, too, was extremely clean, and in a lovely setting. The hot tub was actually hot - I have not found that to be the case frequently. It was sparkling clear and nice and hot. We usually had the pool to ourselves at night, too. There is an outside changing area that was very clean, with towels, and a phone in case of emergency.

The location was great. Easy to get to restaurants, beaches, grocery store, etc.

The breakfast was great too: hardboiled eggs, fruit (cantelope and honey dew melon), yogurt, cereals, hot oatmeal, and all kinds of breads, bagels, waffles. At the time, I was training for an event, and found I could stay on my eating plan easily with the eggs, oatmeal, and fruit.

Free dinners 3 nights a week were decent, too. They even served beer and wine, altough the wine was pretty bad.

Everyone at the hotel seemed comfortable and happy and at home.

In summary - very clean, very comfortable, a great value, and an excellent location. When we go back, we are absolutely staying there again.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Jacksonville
Reviewed 12 August 2009

First, I don't ever review anything. I don't have the time for it. This will be my first. The reason I'm reviewing this is because the experience I had here was amazing.

The building is a beautiful stone structure that is very new and very clean. I found the rustic look relaxing. They were at the time I checked in have a small reception where they had complimentary beer and wine as well as nachos. The nachos were OK, but I found it amazing that they offered free beer and wine. I made a taco salad and had a beer and that was my dinner, thus I didn't have to pay for going out to eat.

After the reception I went to my room and had a suite - one living room, a kitchen, a bathroom and bedroom. It was immaculately clean, fresh smelling, cool and comfortable. The doors were secure and heavy. The carpet looked brand new. The televisions (one in bedroom, one in living) were LCD high definition. In my kitchen I had paper towels, a coffee machine, a microwave, a stovetop with pots and pans, full set of metal silverware and complement of glassware, a full size refrigerator and even a TOASTER. WOW!

One could definitely live there. The bed was amazingly comfortable and the bathroom was spotless clean. I felt I was the first person to ever open the door to the room.

For the service, the front desk was inquisitive, yet polite. They were very concerned for things meeting my expectations and numerous comment cards were abound. I didn't make use of the business center but I did look in and everything looked top notch and professional. I believe they had three computers available.

They also provided for free washer and dryer service. I did not take advantage of this but I appreciated the option for it. I did take advantage of the continental breakfast the following morning. You know how there are some breakfasts that are there simply to say there is one? Yeah this isn't that kind. Eggs, sausage, bagels, waffles, donuts, muffins, you name it. They had it. Even had the fancy little international delight creamers for coffee. I guess I was expecting this given their reputation

All in all, I must say this hotel was the best experience I've ever been at and thus prompted me to write this review of it. It is most certainly worth every penny I paid for and then some.

LOOK NO FURTHER - STAY HERE AND YOU WON'T REGRET IT! =)

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
Southern Illinois
Reviewed 31 July 2009

I've stayed at this hotel 3 times since they opened Spring 2008. It has been a pleasure each time. Nice staff and quiet location. Very nice place with grocery store and restaurants close by. Almost everything is nice about this Staybridge except the food at the manager reception is not that great if you're expecting a meal. Come expecting a snack and you won't be disappointed. The exception to this statement is Wednesday evening when they have hamburgers and chicken (good). Another potential negative is that it's a 15 minute commute to downtown JAX. But if you want to be in JAX and still close to the beaches, this is a good choice. I would definitely stay here again, and I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
Richmond, VA
Reviewed 28 July 2009

I loved the Staybridge suites. I would definitely recommend anyone visiting the area to stay here. The location is great. There are plenty of malls nearby. And when you don't want to drive you can walk across the street for entertainment (movie theatre and food etc). The room was very spacious, there was hot breakfast every morning, and housekeeping everyday. The hotel is very clean and two computers with internet access for the guests. Not too far from the beach. All in all I loved this hotel and would recommend it to anyone visiting the Jacksonville area and I will stay here again on my next visit.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple