“Terrible end to FL vacation”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jacksonville Airport
Ranked #22 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
DE
“Terrible end to FL vacation”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

Stopped here at 1am on 16 aug. Purchased 2 rooms room 1 had hair, pubic & other all over sheets/pillows of both beds. Floor was not vacuumed with dirty toothbrush on floor. 2nd room not vacuumed, bugar in sheets as kids got in bed!
Requested new room, same thing hairs all over and filthy gross floor. Brought pillows to front desk to show him, he handed us a new room key and was non apologetic and not surprised (blamed a new made)
Third room sheets seemed clean, floor not vacuumed, then to finish it off a centipede crawled across the bathroom floor. The halls and vacuumed were both filthy full of carpet debris and candy wrappers.
Went to front desk it was 2:30am by now desk clerk took room keys as I told him it was just to filthy and gross here. He again blamed the new maid and stated he'd forward this to the manager and have him reimburse our two rooms on our credit card as he does not have the authority.
I called the manager the following day and left a voicemail expressing my concern with what we dealt with at his hotel and to ensure our credit card get reimbursed.
I never received a call back or response and the charges are still on our credit card and weren't reimbursed. I have contacted my credit card company to report fraudulent charges.
Poor quality, customer service I don't recommend you try this.
Went to Hyatt place down the street they treated us great, amazing rooms that sleep 6 for $70, free hot breakfast, and CLEAN!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Ben M, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
Thank you so much for your review! It is always our goal to deliver a consistently perfect stay, and I would like to personally apologize for failing to provide to you an experience comparable to our incredibly high standards. I would like to offer assurance that no charges were applied, and hope that you will offer us another opportunity serve you, and thereby demonste the aberrant nature of your experience. Thank you again for taking the time to write! Ben Murray, General Manager, Microtel by Wyndham @ Jacksonville International Airport

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Greek first
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

First of all, I want to commend this hotel for treating its customers like royalty! I was accidentally given a room that hadn't been properly cleaned. The hotel manager apologized profusely and upgraded my room to a junior suite to make up for the mistake. I appreciated the fact that my concerns about the room were taken seriously, and the hotel manager went above and beyond what I expected his response to be once I complained. Based on how I was treated, I can easily overlook one small mistake. Overall, the service at this hotel was excellent, and the staff was very professional and nice.

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel and recommend it. It is a microtel so it's nothing fancy or above average, but it's nice. The King bed was very comfortable, and it was nice to have a sofa in the room. The suite itself was somewhat small and the furniture was plain. My only complaints: the sofa had dirt spots on it, and the toilet should've been cleaned better.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Thank you so much for the review! We value your feedback, as it serves as the barometer by which we measure our success! We have posted your response for the review of our team, in the hopes that they will find inspiration in your acknowledgement of their efforts. Thank you again! Ben Murray, General Manager, Microtel by Wyndham @ Jacksonville International Airport
Laval, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

I stayed from august 16 to august 18. Check in and check out was fast and easy. Room was small but pretty clean. Staff was vey nice. Great location, close to shops, very easy acces to the airport (3-4 minutes). The free breakfast has good variety with muffins, cereals, yogurt, bagels...Don't know why some people complain about it...for the price they're paying...Only negative thing for me: I forgot a book and a personal checkbook...they say they didn't find it... Overall excellent experience except for the book and personal checks that suddenly disappeared...

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Thank you so much for the response! I am so pleased that we were able to ship the book back to you this week! We apologize for the confusion, as the original representative did not have access to the secured area wherein the items were located. We look forward to seeing you again very soon! Ben Murray, General Manager, Microtel by Wyndham @ Jacksonville International Airport
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

The hotel room was clean and comfortable yet smaller than most hotel rooms (hint- micro). Bathroom is average to small. Before leaving we decide just to have breakfast in the lobby. Big mistake! The muffins was stale and old, the juice was watered down, and the selection of fresh fruit was none. When my husband asked the young man at the desk about making more coffee he replied when will make more in about 15 minutes!. We left went to Denny's about mile away. The hotel is in a nice location. There I delivery service in the area, sports bars, wings, just about everything one would care to eat. Shops are just as close with Wal mart, Dick's Sports, Ross for Less, etc. Very close to the airport.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for writing! We are working within the parameters defined by our brand to expand our breakfast menu to include new additions to satisfy our guests tastes! New additions include: Omelettes, Waffles, Pancakes, Sausage Biscuits, and more! We hope to share more new additions with you during your next visit! Thank you again! Ben Murray, General Manager, Microtel by Wyndham @ Jacksonville International Airport
Tallahassee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

Convenient and affordable but the smoky smell of the room was a huge turn off. If I had not gotten in at around 10:30P and needed to get up early the next morning I most likely would have left.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

1 Thank Daniel P
Ben M, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback! It is our goal to exceed the expectations of every guest, and I would like to apologize for failing to achieve that during your recent visit. Our hotel is 100% non-smoking, yet we occasionally encounter a sense of disregard for this policy despite the impositions of stiff penalties when violated. This does not, however excuse our inability to identify in this case the need for additional attention following a violation of our non-smoking policy. We have implemented new checks within our rooms department to ensure proper treatment prior to making available for sale a room wherein a guest has violated the non-smoking policy. We hope that you will allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our ability to exceed your expectations! Thank you again for taking the time to write! Ben Murray, General Manager, Microtel by Wyndham @ Jacksonville International Airport