“Breakfast spot”

Cool Moose Coffee Co
Ranked #251 of 2,069 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Good service, good value. Very conveniently located for downtown Jacksonville. Can be busy on occasions.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

Cool Moose came across as an establishment that was trying too hard to hit on every aspect of the coffee house/vegan/indie music/hipster genre of what you'd expect in a movie setting. In trying too hard it came up short on ambiance and layout. That being said, the food and service was truly exceptional.

I had the Vegan Chili and a Cobb salad. The chili was more of a soup/porridge was truly spectacular, while the cobb salad was filling and fresh. Desert was homemade and both the banana bread and brownie were tasty without being overbearing.

Service was attentive and focused, while still maintaining the laid back vibe that all the staff seemed to be aiming for.

Glad I was told to check it out and while I wouldn't go out of my way to visit again, if I am on Park, I'll definitely return.

1  Thank MichaelJC
Reviewed 20 November 2013

What can you say about Cool Moose Cafe (CMC) that hasn't been said before.

A great locals hang out for fresh breakfast and lunch fare. The coffee is their own blend and is self-serve in the back by the counter. Regular, Decaf or flavored is offered all day.

On this occasion we had breakfast. We ordered a veggie omelet and 2 scrambled with turket sausage and 3 pancakes. Note to readers. Unless you are really hunger, the silver dollar pancakes are probably the better alternative. The regular pancakes were very big and a little more dense than I make at home. I prefer to add a little more liquid in my batter to give the pancakes a lighter texture. But they were still fantastic.

The omelet was loaded with veggies and a good amount of cheese. It came with roasted home fried potatoes, but you can also get grits which are also very good.

This is definitely a go to restaurant for breakfast, brunch or lunch.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Upon dining at Cool Moose Cafe, I can say that it is definitely not worth what they are charging. They charge a premium price for their coffee, but they use prepackaged, not freshly ground, which they leave out for you to see. They charge a premium price for it, yet its an off brand distributor package. The flavorings for coffee beverages, such as caramel, are powdered, I watched the server make it. Their syrup is canned and I saw them refilling a bottle. I saw them refilling ketchup bottles as well, leaving the old ketchup sitting at the bottom and spoiling over time. I wasn't aware that the pastries are not homemade, I watched one server taking them out of the package and putting them in the dessert case. The "voodoo chips," which on the menu sounded like they are made there, are just packaged kettle chips. I overheard some employees talking about their tips, which the owners take from them and decide what they get of it when they receive their paycheck. I wanted to leave a tip for my server, not for the owners. Bad quality food, unprofessional restaurant.

1  Thank Sadie S
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Wonderful food with great service - please ask for Sabrina she is amazing!! Rustic setting with a wonderful atmosphere