“Bugs & Filth”

Ranked #108 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Florence, South Carolina
“Bugs & Filth”
Reviewed 24 July 2012

We checked in the room and the air was on but would not get cool,I removed filters and dirt was caked on .The room walls were dirty the bath room reeked of old urine and had blood on the door jam. set on bed for a few moments and was bitten several times by some kind of bugs. I went to front office and explaind to them about room they said they would move us. we moved then to another room bathroom was clean however the walls were filthy air condition was nasty dirty . The fridge was all rusted microwave looked liked was dropped off of the roof then put in room. The room had spiders in every corner it was not worth the $60.00 bucks and then they not sure charged me around $ 8.00 on card when moved to next room without saying they were doing it or what for. Be advised Do not stay here and expect quality . Never again

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Barbara J
michelle h, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 18 September 2014
As of June 2014!! This particular property has been purchased by new owners and all previous issues have been handled and/or eliminated. We have done renovations and look forward to being given the opportunity to meet your lodging needs in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Ok is what I will call this experience. Does lack curb appeal but you get what you pay for. First off we booked our room online days in advance but for some strange odd reason they could not pull up our reservation. Even with the conformation number. So after finally doodling around on the computer for 15 to 20 minutes the guy behind the desk said that he had found it. We paid the money and was giving our key. So far so good until the knock at the door the next morning. It was the front desk. They claim that there was some type of mix up and the other couple was there to check in. We were then asked to come up to the front desk. Once there we were asked for our conformation number AGAIN! Then we were told OK you are all set you are free to go. WTF! You call me out of my room, Ask me to come up front to give you a conformation number and all you can tell me is "All Set". All set for what? I need more of an explanation of what the problem was than, "All Set!" Apparently there was another couple that was checking in. The same weekend. With the same last name. And they got the reservations and rooms mixed up. Good thing we paid cash because the hotel apparently pre-charged the other couples card before they even checked in. Anywho we were told that we were no longer needed and we left and went on with our day. We didnt use any of the extra amenities except for the use of the lobby computer to look up our conformation number. Don't bother with that; The connection was VERY SLOW. Other than that, that's pretty much it. So if you desire more of the Posh,the Bells & the Whistles this is not the hotel for you. Hope this review helps & Happy Traveling Everyone!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Sweetie-Sunshine
cary,nc
Reviewed 30 June 2012

I give this place 1 star and that is being generous. I booked this hotel for convenience to I-95. Downhill from there. The curbside impression not good (landscaping dead & everything needs a paint job). The front desk girl, Elizabeth good & pleasant offered us an upgrade since we were Choice Hotel members and used points to pay for the room. Boy what a waste of points! Upgrade - open the door to a nice size suite but smell dog odor. Lights don't work, faucet doesn't work, older than old furniture, poor dirty & disgusting deck area, hard broken chaise lounges. Oh yeah the elevator has a loud noise and the floor number doesn't light up. And the list can go on. Word of advice keep driving

Room Tip: Don't book here
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Thomasville, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Made reservations online. Checked in on Friday, June 22nd at 4:15 and checked out 2 minutes later! The room smelled old and stale and a dead roach was in the bathroom! As I was checking out, the guy in front of me was checking out for the same reason!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Lehigh Acres
Reviewed 23 April 2012

The first room we were put in had a faucet that wouldn't turn off, and it smelled of mold. The second room was filthy from top to bottom. Wallpaper was peeling off the walls and ceiling. The carpet had pet stains on it. But the worst of all was the bathtub mat. It was totally "googy" with soap scum and I honestly don't think it had ever been picked up and cleaned. It was almost cemented to the tub by the goop. There are not enough words to describe how bad the hotel is.

Room Tip: Don't even think about staying at this hotel. Even free it would not be worth it.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Sherrell F
Sandersville, Georgia
Reviewed 1 January 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night on our way to Disney World. Arrived at 10pm, so really didnt get a good view of the overall appearance of the hotel until the next morning. The reason I chose this hotel was location, price and morning breakfast. It is conveniently located off of I-95 which was a plus...probably the only plus about the whole place. Price was a little more than $50 per night which at booking I thought was not a bad price. After the fact, I thought was a bit high due to the hotel condition. I did receive an organization savings rate. The parking lot had a smell of urine and not very clean. We took the stairs up to our 3rd floor room. The concrete staircase was VERY worn, some places had holes in it. Kind of concerning! The room had double beds and a sofa. Upon first entering looked like a pretty nice room. The bed was pretty high off the floor...difficult for a 4 year old to get on. The bathroom was awful! There was mold all over the walls and shower curtain. The toilet was very loud when flushed. The bathroom had a pocket door that was hard to close. Paint was peeling off the door and the walls. The counter top was LARGE. Plenty of space. Would have been nice to have the sink area separated from the toilet area. The room had a bit of a musty smell to it...I ALWAYS bring my fabreze with me to any hotel. Came in handy this time. The bed slept fine. Pillows were a little flat. Breakfast was Horrible! The milk was spoiled! They had a waffle maker, buscuits and gravy, cereal, boiled eggs, oatmeal, bagels and danishes. Breakfast tends to get ruined really quick when everyone in you party puts milk in everything that they eat and it is spoiled milk. No kitchen staff present. We let the front desk person know about the milk, but he didn't seem to have an interest in what we were saying. The womens restroom outside the lobby was dirty. At 7am, I would expect it to be clean. There was 2 stalls in it. One was out of order and the other might has well have been. There was Poo in it and it would not flush. Toilet paper and paper towel were all over the bathroom floor. I would NOT stay in this hotel again and would not recommend to anyone!

Room Tip: Bring your cleaning supplies!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 24 October 2011

I checked out after one night, and made reservations elsewhere. My room had a musty smell and was just not clean. The ceiling leaked and I wore my flip-flops in the shower, since it looked and felt dirty to me. Also had to a kill a few spiders (thus, I didn't sleep well)... The only positive was how nice the staff was... But I still would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo