“Sad”

Ranked #102 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Ontario,CA.
“Sad”
Reviewed 24 February 2013

I found the hotel on the internet.When you first see this hotel on the internet it looks quite nice.But the sad thing is it has been run down.Apparently we were told that it is going into bankruptcy.So I'm guessing there is no money going into repairs. To bad,with proper maintenance it could still have been very nice. It is in a very good location.There is a Dennys in walking distance and it was near I-95.The staff who were there were very helpful when we found that the door of our room was found to have been jimmied and quickly gave us another room.I personally would not use this hotel in the future and would not recommend to anyone else.I did noticed that there were construction workers that were at this hotel,maybe this place would be good enough for workers working in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
michelle h, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 18 September 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Ithaca, NY
Reviewed 23 February 2013

Should have read the reviews. Booked on-line through Choice Hotels. I've always been satisfied with their properties. Not this one. The room seemed clean, sort of, beat up, scarred, but barely passable. Exterior spaces were filthy as well as beat up. Fixing the terribly run-down nature may be expensive but how hard could it be sweep, vacuum, mop, and generally tidy up? Apparently beyond the managers.

Lots of other choices in the area - pick one of them.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Jacksonville hotels

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 22 February 2013

We booked blindly, online. Pics looked ok. We only needed a place to sleep on drive home from Disney.
Honestly, hands down, the WORST hotel stay I have ever had. Period.
This place is literally falling down. Had it not been 1:00 am when we arrived, I would have left.
NonSmoking room REEKED of smoke. I am currently washing ALL my daughters bedding. She refused to sleep with the hotel bedding, and the room was so smokey that her bedding still REEKS of smoke after 24 hours.
Bathroom had sliding door (weird?); falling off hinges. Shower didn't work. Shower head falling off wall. Furniture mismatched and falling apart. Coffee pot imbedded onto itself with rust and mold. Microwave had old food in it :-0 Alarm clock was going off when we got there. Microwave still had time on it for enclosed food. at 1:00 am. Bugs in fridge. DARK room. Had it not been so dark, at 1:00 am, we would have probably left. Refund or not. It's that bad. And no way I was eating breakfast. Denny's is up the street.
Foldout was unsleepable. Kids pulled mattress to floor and slept.
Elevator had no inspection certficate and felt like it was going to fall apart when going up. Nasty dirty. Leaves, mold, dust everywhere. This place was like a ghost town.
Horrid. Do NOT stay here. I can not stress that enough

Room Tip: STAY AWAY. Any positive reviews HAVE to be bogus. No way anyone liked staying here. No way.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank AmyC419
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Well, the title describes my initial impression of this property. Looks as if it used to be a nice place, but as of late January 2013 it had fallen into disrepair. My room was a King suite. Big enough alright, but what I encountered you really don't want more of. the room stunk of old mold and smoke, in a no-smoking room. The furniture was old, nasty, and broken up. The chairs and sofa were stained badly, and the towel racks were coming off the wall. It looked like a good place for a gang rave. Someone had actually melted the rubber door stop, it was flowing down the wall.
the slider was not functional and that was your only source of fresh air.I wouldn't go near the in room coffe pot, and the sink was dirty. Need i say more? OK, I stay in alot of hotels this was 1 of only 2 in the last couple years, that I did not want to leave this rat hole room after dark! Yes the Outside was spooky as well.... The elevators were shabby smelly and dirty, with no current saftey sticker of course, and NONE of the vending machines were operational. I ordered in for dinner.
Needless to say I left the moment I woke up, and dared not take part in any breakfast offering here. Run the other way.
Was it cheap, yes, but that is no excuse for this disaster. I stayed in a quality inn in NC the night before, same price, and it was quite nice. Save for one thing...the bed was pretty comfortable, but it was like sleeping on a luxury raft in the middle of a cesspool.

Room Tip: Forget it.....
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank WE273
Reviewed 9 February 2013 via mobile

Staff and management there to help without making you fell like you are disturbing them.
Great layout of the room .
Would recommend to friends.
Self serve hot or cold continental breakfast.
Comfortable large lobby.
We stayed an extra night.

Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Pennellville
Reviewed 30 October 2012

Tired of driving, stopped here and found this hotel to be very reasonable for an average room. My wife and I slept well in a clean room with comfortable bed for a very reasonable rate. Seemed to have a lot of business people, contractor types staying here.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
As of June 2014!! This property has been purchased by new owners and all previous issues have been handled and/or eliminated. We have done renovations and look forward to being given the opportunity to meet your lodging needs in the future. Please come back and check us out!
gulf breeze
Reviewed 8 October 2012

We made this reservation on line...i.e. blind. My two grandsons and I were escaping Hurricane Isaacs possible wrath. We arrived at this hotel and were shown our room. It had old disgusting furniture and smelled so bad of mold I immediately turned around and checked out ! Only to be informed that the booking company would have to issue the refund. After checking into another hotel just down the street, I looked through my papers and my printed receipt to contact you (there was no phone number or anything) - so I have paid for a room that I did NOT use. SO - thanks to this e-mail, I am officially asking you to refund my payment.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

As of June 2014!! This particular property has been purchased by new owners and all previous issues have been handled and/or eliminated. We have done renovations and look forward to being given the opportunity to meet your lodging needs in the future.