“Nightmare” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #100 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Spring Hill, Florida
“Nightmare”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2006

I just returned from a one night stay at this location. It was a shock to discover that the room was, in a word, "filthy." The ceiling had mold on it, the mini fridge leaked all over the carpet, (The water from the fridge actually ruined the entertainment center finish also) there was a huge gap underneath of the entry door allowing light and great heat and humidity to enter the room, while I tried to run the noisy, inefficient air conditioner. The bathroom and bedroom walls were marked up with some substance and the tile floor looked as if it hadn't been cleaned in a long time. Needless to say, I wore my sandals the entire time in the room. I only regret that I booked the room in an unfamiliar area, and then was stuck! The nightmare continued, as the next morning, when readying to shower and leave, I discovered there was no water! The front desk assured me that they would have it fixed in three hours or so, well after my check out time, so I used the bottled water I brought in to brush my teeth, packed my bag and left. The front desk could do nothing to assist me or adjust my bill. The young student Jolene, who spoke with me was polite, but was unable to help me. Frustrated, I headed home and have contacted the reservation center and been assured I will receive a refund.

• Stayed July 2006, travelled on business
1 Thank fleducator
michelle h, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 18 September 2014
As of June 2014!! This property has been purchased by new owners and all previous issues have been handled and/or eliminated. We have done renovations and look forward to being given the opportunity to meet your lodging needs in the future. Please come back and check us out!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2006

Pictues look nice and indeed the grounds/plants are very nice. Everything else needs help.
The pool had bugs in it and looked a bit dark on our first day but was temorarily closed during the remaing days of our 5 day trip. Just as well it turned green (really). The Jacuzzi looked yellow (yuk!) and being in the same are as the pool was also closed after our first day. We chose this hotel based on pictures of flora and a nice pool and were dissapointed about the poor state of the pool. The room smelled like musty/mildew/chlorine and houskeeping is aweful leaving one of our beds unmade and stripped to the mattress for days. They left us sheets and pillowcases. Blankets are old and full of fuzz from years of use, who knows when/if they ever get washed. They did leave fresh towels every day. It does have some nice outdoor tables and chairs to relax in at night surrounded by nice plants. It also has a nice lobby with a good breakfast including waffles.
Based on 1-5:
Pool=0
Plants/Landscaping=4
Room=1 (would have been a 2 but smelled)
Housekeeping=0
Free Breakfast=3
Outdoor tables and chairs, nice for having a glass of vino in the evening=3 (if your not scared off by other patrons).
Unfortunately, much of the clientelle were not people to bring home for dinner and my wife was scared; locking the locks on the door and not wanting to be left alone.
Staff in the lobby are very nice.
We will never stay at this hotel again. I'm sorry for writing a negative review but this hotel needs a lot of help and you can do much better in this price range. It has potential to be very nice but it's currently not.

Best Wishes

• Stayed April 2006
2 Thank brut7
As of June 2014!! This particular property has been purchased by new owners and all previous issues have been handled and/or eliminated. We have done renovations and look forward to being given the opportunity to meet your lodging needs in the future.
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2005

I don't know what hotel other reviewers stayed in but it couldn't have been this one. Stayed over one night while traveling through the area based on other tripadvisor reviews. The room was in poor shape and smelled. No phone, the TV was broken, the blanket dirty, the couch worn and paint peeling. Had booked a non-smoking room and got a smoking room. The staff was friendly and showed me another room but it was the same. Go any where else.

• Stayed September 2005
Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2004

Cleanliness was good, but not great. All the rooms are outside access only, in older buildings seperate from the lobby. I was in a king room towards the back. Biggest problem was the older A/C unit, which would start with a loud rattle. Small fridge, no microwave, iron with board, hairdryer, couch, desk. High speed internet is free, but only if you already have wireless capabilities in your computer. Good water pressure.

I'll look for something more to my liking next time.

Atlanta, Ga
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2004

I travel to this hotel almost every week on business and without exception they always exceed my expections. Would not stay ant place elce.

3 Thank OSD
ManagerRMH, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 15 April 2015
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for completing the survey you received regarding your stay at our hotel. As a management team, we strive for ultimate guest satisfaction, and check all surveys so that we may always improve on guest satisfaction. We appreciate the comments you have shared with us, so that we may always improve upon our hotel and services.
Nashville, TN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2004

Comfort Suites is a very consistant hotel from the Choice Hotels line-up.. this one, as well as the one at Jacksonville Intl' Airport is very clean, new, nice, very large rooms, with a pull out couch, mini bar/fridge/sink/microwave, yadda.. Comfort Suites all seem very biz. & family friendly... high speed internet.. and a nice iron and large ironing board helped out a lot! I always have a pleasent exp. at this line.

4 Thank BizTraveler
Hinesville, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2003

Every year we take a cruise. Our bus leaves from Jacksonville. This hotel goes above and beyond to assist us in anyways possible to make us comfortable. Rooms are extra clean. Staff is super courteous. It's like a home away from home.

4 Thank Daisy E